Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

What Ice line are you using and How do you fish it.

<< < (3/3)

ChapstickCharlie:
One critical thing for me is that 4lb test does not go thru my eyelets very well and also doesn't pass through slip bobbers near as well as 3 lb. And I am hooked on the hi - vis yellow, course I am half blind. Someone let me know where I can find the yellow stuff in 3 lb, sometimes difficult.

jlc_hunter:
I use the trilene ice, I think they are coming out with some type fireline that is for the ice...but I will wait and see. I may even start using flourocarbon if I can get it for the ice it does make a difference in open water

jlc

iceonly:
I used the fireline up at devils lake on perch rods because of the need for a low stretch line while fishing at 40 feet. Devil's lake is dirty water , so the fish seeing the line was not an issue. Tying jigs on can be a b***h. The only knot I found that didn't slip was the Palomar, and that's tough to tie sometimes on tiny jigs with frozen fingers. I tried fishing it around here, but my other poles out produced it. So I tried tying a leader of flourcarbon, that is a tough nut to crack.  A bloodknot will work , but it might take several tries before you get one that won't slip. At the end, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

FishDaddy09:
#2 sten gold!

Pat:
Just your eveyday run of the mill "fireline"

I fish mainly in a shack so I don't have the problems of ice build up at some people experience :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version