Canada > Ice Fishing Quebec

Petit Lac Magog report

(1/1)

sturgeon:
Went out on Petit lac Magog today in the eastern townships for the first time. Drove out with the SUV and no problems. Girlfriend and I caught 30-40 perch but only kept 12, the other were very small, Caught a 31" pike that weighed 6 lbs, it was trying to the the transducer from my vexilar right under the ice. I dropped my line down and nailed the bait.Anybody else out there fish Petit Lac Magog, just wondering what the average size of perch is for that lake.

Sturgeon

icebigboy:
hi sturgeon,good day of fishing hey ;
is there walleye in that lake?
I'm thinking of getting a vex for next year.
no ice fishing for me this week-end.
next week-end ;D ;D ;D

sturgeon:
Hey Icebigboy

I don't think there are any walleye in that lake, I am new to this area but from what I hear there a big pike and perch. I was seeing tons of perch on the vex, its a pretty fun toy, helps you know if the fish are that is for sure. I remember you saying that you were thinking of buying one next year and that they were expensive at Le barons. I check there too before buying mine and they were over 100$ more expensive than other places.

Sturgeon

Darth-Baiter:
Hi Sturgeon

Just curious, what size were the perch that you kept ?

sturgeon:
Very small most of them, Out of 30-40 we kept about 12 and some were only because the died from bringing them up to fast we were fishing in 40 feet of water. The average was 5-7 inches but we caught a couple around 10-11 inches. The action was good though better than lac aylmer.

Sturgeon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version