Canada > Ice Fishing North West Territories

Another day in paradise :)

(1/2) > >>

Drifter_016:
Got out for a little fishin' today close to home.
Hit the ice at dawn and didn't get off until dusk 5 hours later.    ;D
At least it was a nice warm -20 degree day!! Sure beats the -40 highs a week ago. 
The lake is a lesiurely 3 minute snowmobile ride from my door, so I don't know why it's taken me 4 years to fish it.   :blink: 
Probably because it's too close.
Got out, picked a spot and drilled a bunch of holes off a bluff covering water 10' to 35' deep. Set a ciscoe on a tipup shallow for pike and jigged the rest of the holes for eyes and whities. Fish were showing on the Marcum almost non stop but they were non committal for the most part. 

I managed to land 1 small pike about 4# on the tipup and 1 smallish whitie on a Bad Boyz jig tipped with a minnow. I lost two other fish (walleye I think) and had about 1/2 a dozen bumps from whitefish (I think a shiner can hit harder than they did today) I wouldn't even had known they were hits without my trusty LX-5 as the rod tip only moved about 1/8" when they hit it.
Any how on to the pics.   :P

TGF:
Right on bud. Nice whitey. That spot looks familiar ;D

dukes69:
Nice fish!  wish we had them that size around pg,  do you fillet those and deep fry just like ling, they taste alot alike.

SNAPFisher:
That really does look like paradise.  Congrats on the  nice day out!  Great looking maching you got there too  ;)

Drifter_016:

--- Quote from: dukes69 on Dec 19, 2010, 12:59 AM ---Nice fish!  wish we had them that size around pg,  do you fillet those and deep fry just like ling, they taste alot alike.

--- End quote ---

Deepfry, panfry, bake.................. ..it's all good.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version