Author Topic: LBDN  (Read 3815 times)

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
LBDN
« on: Jan 05, 2020, 11:55 AM »
I am looking for a guide to ice fish little Bay de noc, can anyone steer me in the right direction please. Any recommendations?  Thanks in advance for your help.
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline bigbear32

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LBDN
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2020, 12:06 PM »
Try calling Bayview bait and tackle for recommendations, 906-786-1488. I'm not sure if there are many ice fishing guides on LBDN, I know there is in the summer.

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2020, 06:35 AM »
Try calling Bayview bait and tackle for recommendations, 906-786-1488. I'm not sure if there are many ice fishing guides on LBDN, I know there is in the summer.
Thank you I will give them a call.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:34 PM »
Anybody have any current ice conditions down on the bay? Mainly seeing how it’s looking south of Gladstone?

Offline homemadespud

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2020, 09:18 AM »
South of Gladstone to the Bombay was open water a few days ago, It is just locking up the last few days. This south blow today might not be good. will check it later today.

Offline WestSideAl8x8

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pants up, don't loot!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2020, 06:09 PM »
Any recent reports on LBDN? How's the ice? Any body catching anything worth while? Making a trip over next week and just want to know what we're in store for. Thanks & Tight Line Everybody!!

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2020, 12:57 AM »
Any recent reports on LBDN? How's the ice? Any body catching anything worth while? Making a trip over next week and just want to know what we're in store for. Thanks & Tight Line Everybody!!
For what it's worth, this was from the February 20 MDNR fishing report:

Little Bay De Noc: After the cold temperatures, anglers were as far south as the Ford River. Walleye anglers had mixed results; however, bigger fish were starting to show up. The better areas to fish were the Center Reef in 24 to 32 feet, near the Escanaba River in 30 to 35 feet, the “Black Bottom” in 25 to 30 feet or south of Aronson Island in 30 to 35 feet. Anglers were using jig raps or tip-ups with minnows. Perch anglers also had mixed results. The best areas were Kipling near the green buoy in 21 to 35 feet or Escanaba near the ship docks in 30 to 35 feet with wigglers or minnows. The occasional pike also was caught. The whitefish anglers have not had a lot of success this year. A few were caught near Gladstone when using minnows in 35 feet.

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2020, 04:06 PM »

HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline Kidder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2020, 10:22 PM »
It's been a solid year for me over all. Here are just some of my pics of limits from this year. Travel is decent but a bit rough from the drifting of snow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.