New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake George - Ice Fishing ?  (Read 17520 times)

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake George - Ice Fishing ?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 30, 2008, 03:07 PM »
Watch that honeycomb effect bird21s  (not good).....

yeah i was sure to keep clear from them.  just didn't look right.

If anyone makes it out tomm. could you post the conditions. i want to make a trip out friday and possibly thursday...

Offline bassinbrian_on_ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lakers are Fun !
« Reply #31 on: Dec 30, 2008, 03:14 PM »
wearing blue Giants hat

BOOO HISSS BOOO !!!
Just passing time until spring Stripers !

Offline fishn freak13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 30, 2008, 05:28 PM »
Wow,  Those are some serious lakers for the KING especially a 46"er :tipup:  How long were those 15lbers?

they were 32-35 inches and all from 15 to 18 pounds.......the 46 incher was long a skinny and i managed to squize it through a 6 inch hole so it didnt weigh as much it should have and i didnt have a scale with me but it was definetly over 20lbs

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 30, 2008, 05:42 PM »
they were 32-35 inches and all from 15 to 18 pounds.......the 46 incher was long a skinny and i managed to squize it through a 6 inch hole so it didnt weigh as much it should have and i didnt have a scale with me but it was definetly over 20lbs
Do you have any pictures of these fish? I've heard of some big lakers coming from the king, but I've never heard of that many all year let alone, from one person.
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #34 on: Dec 30, 2008, 05:53 PM »
On second thought, I've spent the last 5-10 minutes checking out your previous posts, it seems that you've caught some fish, most that seem like the fish of a life time..yet you fail to have a camera with you each time. 18, and 19" perch..but you forgot the camera yet again. I hear about 5 trout every year over the 12lb mark out of lg..for one person to catch 5 over 15, and then a 46"er..thats quite an accomplishment. I'd like to even see pics of the 15lbers you catch.

Offline fishn freak13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 30, 2008, 06:00 PM »
ive got a pic of the 18 lber ill see if i can get it up

Offline fishn freak13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 30, 2008, 07:07 PM »

these two came out of the same hole about 30 minutes apart top picture is 16lbs and the bottom picture is 18 lbs

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 30, 2008, 07:27 PM »
That dude aint playin'. Nice fish. where were you fishing and what did you catch them on....joking. :laugh:
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 30, 2008, 07:50 PM »
nice lakers :o :o :flex:

Offline qbyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 30, 2008, 07:59 PM »
holy huge :o :bow: nice

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #40 on: Dec 30, 2008, 10:35 PM »
Damn dude, did you keep that first fish to get mounted (judging by all the blood)? 46" Thats just huge..

Offline fishn freak13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 30, 2008, 10:47 PM »
yea i got that one mounted it wasnt the biggest laker ive caught but it had lots of color and was shaped pretty good so i decided to get it mounted...i would have got the 46 incher mounted but i had just brought that fish to the taxidermist a couple days earlier i guess thats the way it goes though

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Dec 31, 2008, 05:21 AM »
I will be there on the 31, 1, and yes on friday! wearing blue Giants hat, green flack jacket. it should be fine by then with these very cold nights but i will post tomorrow if it is broken up. I will be out there friday by 630 am. i am a little paranoid of the impending onslaught of people. it is justa matter of time before the "prime real estate" and eager perch diminish so earlier is alway better ;)
Thanks for the info iceplank. Always nice to know someone is within ear shot. Im always a little nervos on the early ice up there.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #43 on: Dec 31, 2008, 08:35 AM »
those are some of the biggest lakers i have seen in lake george much less in ny

I am so freakin jealous.  I have jigged right where you caught that fish many, many times and never caught any over 11lbs. just means i'll be putting even more time in up there.

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 31, 2008, 10:26 AM »
 4 good inches at harris. solid. very windy and could not fish. almost took a header when the gusts came up, even at 215 pounds and creapers. could not hold down portable very well as there was no snow on the ice. did not seem bad until i got out a ways then it got pretty bad and was looking like a potential white out on the ice. the four guys that were already out here packed up at 930 , so did i. Did not want to be the only guy out there. I think my sled beat me to the car with the nasty tailwind. minus thirty windchills tomorrow. good day to drink beer and watch football. will be on top early friday!
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline inflatable yeti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:00 PM »
those are some of the biggest lakers i have seen in lake george much less in ny

I am so freakin jealous.  I have jigged right where you caught that fish many, many times and never caught any over 11lbs. just means i'll be putting even more time in up there.

I remember one time in particular that BigRed and I jigged all day in that area and got skunked.  Ahh, that was a great day...
Every minute is to be grasped.
Time waits for nobody.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:04 PM »
Wow, those are some great lakers! Biggest ice fishing lake trout from LG that I can recall seeing. Congrats!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:12 PM »
I remember one time in particular that BigRed and I jigged all day in that area and got skunked.  Ahh, that was a great day...

REMEMBER IT RIGHT - YOU GOT SKUNKED - i caught lakers ;D  I think we drilled 150 holes that day.

Offline inflatable yeti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:18 PM »
REMEMBER IT RIGHT - YOU GOT SKUNKED - i caught lakers ;D  I think we drilled 150 holes that day.

you caught fish that day?  it all seems to get a bit blurry after we (I) killed the first twelve pack
Time waits for nobody.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:19 PM »
it all seems to get a bit blurry after we (I) killed the first twelve pack

And you wonder why you got skunked?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline inflatable yeti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:24 PM »
And you wonder why you got skunked?  ;D ;D ;D

I prefer to blame it on the Guide!  :D
Time waits for nobody.

Offline dav

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • dav, no better time to wet your line.
« Reply #51 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:42 PM »
4 good inches at harris. solid. very windy and could not fish. almost took a header when the gusts came up, even at 215 pounds and creapers. could not hold down portable very well as there was no snow on the ice. did not seem bad until i got out a ways then it got pretty bad and was looking like a potential white out on the ice. the four guys that were already out here packed up at 930 , so did i. Did not want to be the only guy out there. I think my sled beat me to the car with the nasty tailwind. minus thirty windchills tomorrow. good day to drink beer and watch football. will be on top early friday!

Great report plank thanks. Read one of your earlier posts about the dates you would be fishing the King and almost went to Harris to fish with you, Strength in numbers for thin ice. Was my first trip out this year stayed local and bumped some pannies (gills, craps, perch) low numbers.

dav   
FIND PEACE, LOSE YOURSELF IN NATURE....

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #52 on: Dec 31, 2008, 06:57 PM »
I guess I'll throw out my daily arsehole comment, but the first picture you said that was 16lbs, the photobucke link says 13lb laker whats with that? Again, still beautiful fish, and I'd kill for one like that for the wall! I guess Lance and I are gonna have to go on a mission once the north end freezes for some!

Offline madmichael365

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Dec 31, 2008, 07:26 PM »
that's why it's called the King.
IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/fishincutie/IceShantyBanner-1.png[/IMG]

Offline vad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Dec 31, 2008, 07:35 PM »
Hi,

I typically do all of my fishing in Vermont, but would love to spend a day on Lake George ice fishing for lakers  ;D  :icefish:

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction, as I have no idea where to go  :wacko:

I know people aren't going to give up their favorite spots, but a place to park & head 300 yrds SW or something to that effect would be greatly appreciated.  ;)

Another thing I would be interested in... Is getting recommendations on a guide service. Somebody reasonably priced, knows what their doing, that you know/or have had good luck with...

Anyways, Thanks
~ Hunt-n-Fish-VT

Offline fishn freak13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Dec 31, 2008, 09:43 PM »
I guess I'll throw out my daily arsehole comment, but the first picture you said that was 16lbs, the photobucke link says 13lb laker whats with that? Again, still beautiful fish, and I'd kill for one like that for the wall! I guess Lance and I are gonna have to go on a mission once the north end freezes for some!

im not sure if that was a typo or if it got saved over another picture, all i kno is that the boga grid said 16lbs and thats what im going by.  if you really dont believe me ill be glad to meet up with you when the north end freezes over and catch a couple for you.

NAD42

« Reply #56 on: Dec 31, 2008, 10:39 PM »
it was a typo  ::)

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #57 on: Dec 31, 2008, 11:57 PM »
Sounds good to me, I'll be up on the north end quite a bit this year, I already have to many pike and deer on my wall, its time for a laker!

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Jan 01, 2009, 12:28 AM »
Great report plank thanks. Read one of your earlier posts about the dates you would be fishing the King and almost went to Harris to fish with you, Strength in numbers for thin ice. Was my first trip out this year stayed local and bumped some pannies (gills, craps, perch) low numbers.

dav   
I will be out there friday am and sat and sunday barring a natural disaster. look for the giants hat. I need some perch!!!!!
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Jan 01, 2009, 07:02 AM »
Bring your popcorn...gonna be a zoo this weekend out there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.