New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392972 times)

Offline littlewally

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #4170 on: Jan 15, 2015, 04:07 PM »
New to the site but not to the pond ! Hope to chat with a few of you on Sunday! Be safe and thanks for all the info you guys provide.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4171 on: Jan 15, 2015, 04:14 PM »
Welcome to the site littlewally...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline littlewally

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4172 on: Jan 15, 2015, 09:32 PM »
Thank you raquettedacker and boggey!

Offline rippem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4173 on: Jan 16, 2015, 04:28 AM »
I fished GP yesterday with my son and two friends. The fishing was horrible but is was great to be out anyway. Between the 4 of us, 15 tipdowns, 5 tipups and all of us with at least 1 jigging pole we might have got 8 perch, a couple blue gills and a pike. Very, very slow right now. Things usually pick up there mid to late season so, maybe another place for my next trip out. Ice was very good where we were, I would say 6-8 inches black ice with a couple inches of snow on top. Good luck to anyone headed out this weekend, be safe

Offline Huntmaster86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4174 on: Jan 16, 2015, 05:38 AM »
Out on the pond now. Slow start thus far. Hope it picks up. Windy out here

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #4175 on: Jan 16, 2015, 09:15 AM »
Does anyone have a list of ALL the derbies on the pond this year?

Last year we went to a derby that I believe supported someone's scholarship and had a really good time.  It was set-up at the sportsman club.  Would like to go again.

Offline Jackperch72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4176 on: Jan 16, 2015, 09:28 AM »
Anybody out on the pond? How bad is the wind? Thinking about heading out.
A woman who has never seen her husband fishing,

doesn’t know what a patient man she married !

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4177 on: Jan 16, 2015, 10:29 AM »
The wind blew at the pond most of the night, when I left for work at 7 am we had maybe 2" of new snow.  My neighbors and husband were out yesterday off the east end, reported good ice, but pockets between the top (sort of slushy) layer and the bottom 6" of black ice, followed by more slush.  There was so much slush below the black ice their camera would not get through it, and the auger was useless moving it.  Not something they had seen before on the pond.

Here is the list of derbys (or is it "derbies"?) the SPSA is sponsoring or co-sponsored, not sure if it's comprehensive, but it's a start.

2/7 Mad River Children's Ice Fishing Derby. Breakfast and Lunch will be served

2/14&15 SPSA 39th Annual Ice Derby. Breakfast and Lunch will be served both days

2/21 Sandy Creek Fire Dept. Ice Fishing Derby. Breakfast and Lunch will be served

3/7 Chris Reed Ice Fishing Derby. Breakfast and Lunch will be served

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4178 on: Jan 16, 2015, 10:44 AM »
The wind blew at the pond most of the night, when I left for work at 7 am we had maybe 2" of new snow.  My neighbors and husband were out yesterday off the east end, reported good ice, but pockets between the top (sort of slushy) layer and the bottom 6" of black ice, followed by more slush.  There was so much slush below the black ice their camera would not get through it, and the auger was useless moving it.  Not something they had seen before on the pond.

Here is the list of derbys (or is it "derbies"?) the SPSA is sponsoring or co-sponsored, not sure if it's comprehensive, but it's a start.

2/14&15 SPSA 39th Annual Ice Derby. Breakfast and Lunch will be served both days

2/21 Sandy Creek Fire Dept. Ice Fishing Derby. Breakfast and Lunch will be served

when you say east end what are you referring to? the elms, blind creek cove, seber shores?

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4179 on: Jan 16, 2015, 12:32 PM »
Dogger, off of lower Seber Shores, there are a few of us crazy year rounders down there.

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #4180 on: Jan 16, 2015, 01:15 PM »

Thank you!  It was the Christine Reed derby that we went to.  JBoggey put me on it.  Had a great time with the kids.

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4181 on: Jan 16, 2015, 02:51 PM »
Dogger, off of lower Seber Shores, there are a few of us crazy year rounders down there.

Gotcha... I'll be out messing around for a few hours in the morning...  :tipup:

Offline Huntmaster86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4182 on: Jan 16, 2015, 04:43 PM »
We got out there about 530 this am hoping for some gills but was snowing and blowing so hard we were a little off on our bearings when the sun came up. Ended up moving 100 yrds ne. I'm not sure how to describe locations was too windy. There was one other shanty out there with us. A couple guys coming out as we left. Couldn't move bc of the wind. Got 50- 3-5" dinks, 1-8" perch and 1-8" gill

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4183 on: Jan 16, 2015, 04:47 PM »
Welcome to sandy pond!

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4184 on: Jan 16, 2015, 05:38 PM »
Will be out tomorrow in force Liz. I won't have the machine on the ice yet so I may not get all the way over to your spot. It is early, hope we all get together soon. Tomorrow will be Sandy Pond's version of "Animal Farm"
getting your twenty perch ready for the dinkfest Jim? Lol

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4185 on: Jan 16, 2015, 05:45 PM »
getting your twenty perch ready for the dinkfest Jim? Lol
I'm eager to see what team pa can produce.  Rob is a hell of of photographer, but not sure he can catch 6-8" perch,  you, well what's your claim to fame?

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4186 on: Jan 16, 2015, 06:13 PM »
I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with ice legend JBoggey1 today!!....hope to see you out on the ice soon Boggey. And good luck fishing with all the kids tomorrow on the pond!
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline duke14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • thats why they call it fishin,not catchin!
« Reply #4187 on: Jan 17, 2015, 04:07 PM »
Well,all I can say is,Sandy pond sucks,
if your lookin for perch, go somewhere else.
Fished GP again today,from 8-3.
1- 4 inch perch for my trouble
got some fresh air,exersise yey!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4188 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:06 PM »
Hows the ice and the perch bite??     @)
Thinking about coming over in a couple of weeks....    ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4189 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:08 PM »
PS
Hows the snow..   Should we bring the snowmobile or the wheeler?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4190 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:09 PM »
PSS

Live bait or plastics??     

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4191 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:12 PM »
I'm eager to see what team pa can produce.  Rob is a hell of of photographer, but not sure he can catch 6-8" perch,  you, well what's your claim to fame?
I know HT  ;D

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #4192 on: Jan 17, 2015, 09:26 PM »
PS
Hows the snow..   Should we bring the snowmobile or the wheeler?

Probably snow sled, ice is a little sketchy, might be good by the derby.  What you really need to bring are some perch to dump into the pond, anything over 4 inches would help :-\
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4193 on: Jan 18, 2015, 09:52 AM »
I had my wheeler on at GP yesterday evening. I didn't have any issues about 7-8 inches of ice where we fished. @)

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #4194 on: Jan 18, 2015, 12:46 PM »
It seems as thought the speeders on both the sleds and the wheelers get worse each year.  We all need to keep the kids busy for a little bit when the bite is slow now and then, but you shouldnt be driving much faster than you can walk on the pond.  Take it to the trails.  Missing the pond for sure this weekend, stop complaining about the dinks, you could be truck shopping, its the worst!!!!!!!  Would much rather be getting skunked on the ice.
Good luck and be safe!

There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #4195 on: Jan 18, 2015, 01:20 PM »
I had my wheeler on at GP yesterday evening. I didn't have any issues about 7-8 inches of ice where we fished. @)
And the fishing was.......  ??? ??? ;D

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4196 on: Jan 18, 2015, 01:33 PM »
And the fishing was.......  ??? ??? ;D
If he was over there he was probably in my spot!  ;D  :P
Theres a penalty for giving up that info.

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4197 on: Jan 18, 2015, 02:28 PM »
I left that info out on purpose Mook! Bcons, I think you like to be a little further east, but yeah, same area! ;D @)

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline rm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4198 on: Jan 18, 2015, 07:36 PM »
Who's going out tomorrow? :tipup:

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #4199 on: Jan 18, 2015, 08:07 PM »
 ;D
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.