New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392972 times)

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #3720 on: Feb 24, 2014, 02:51 PM »
Yes we were at green point yesterday an we had a great day with the pike but them punks with the wheelers were very ridiculous glad someone shut them up
Your welcome for the record check with DEC what they are doing is considered harassing sport fisherman no different than a jet ski coming  to close to your boat or driving around your boat speed limits apply helmet laws apply and # of passengers apply. They were in violation of 4 or 5 laws next time just calling DEC and they will be ticketed. If everyone takes a stand like I did this garbage will stop.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3721 on: Feb 24, 2014, 03:18 PM »
i  know  people  with  4  wheelers   and   jet skis  can  be  a  pain  but if you  told  them  to  stop  and  they  did  i  don't  think  they  were  being so  bad ,  sounds  to  me  like  they  showed  you  alot of  respect  actually i think  alot  of  people   do  these  things  out of  ignorance  more  then  anything  else  ....upsetting  yes  but  glad  you  said  something  and  glad  they  had  the  respect  to listen  ......  people  swearing  ...lots  of  time  it's  acohol  and  forgetting   their  voice  carrys  ......(i'm  quilty)  doing  stupid  stuff  with  a  dirt  bike  or  4 wheeler  upsetting   a  sportsman  ....  i  think  people  forget  how  close  they  are  or  simply  don't know  they  are  annoying others (i'm quilty)  driving  a  boat  to  close  to others  fishing ....  sometimes  they  are  non  disherman  other  times  they  never  seen the  fisherman  ...(quilty again)  ...amazingly  i have  had  FISHERMAN  go  30 mph  bye  me  when i'm in  the  canoe  or  kayak  and   almost  flip me.....  been  anchored   fishing  weeds  and  had a  charter  boat    leave  a  wake  that   swamped  me!  and  i've  had  other  hunters  see  me  and  ride  their  4  wheelers   to  me  it  ask if  i seen  anything .....  so you  got  to  think  weather  your  setting  fishing  or  your  on  the  4  wheeler

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3722 on: Feb 24, 2014, 03:31 PM »
i  know  people  with  4  wheelers   and   jet skis  can  be  a  pain  but if you  told  them  to  stop  and  they  did  i  don't  think  they  were  being so  bad ,  sounds  to  me  like  they  showed  you  alot of  respect  actually i think  alot  of  people   do  these  things  out of  ignorance  more  then  anything  else  ....upsetting  yes  but  glad  you  said  something  and  glad  they  had  the  respect  to listen  ......  people  swearing  ...lots  of  time  it's  acohol  and  forgetting   their  voice  carrys  ......(i'm  quilty)  doing  stupid  stuff  with  a  dirt  bike  or  4 wheeler  upsetting   a  sportsman  ....  i  think  people  forget  how  close  they  are  or  simply  don't know  they  are  annoying others (i'm quilty)  driving  a  boat  to  close  to others  fishing ....  sometimes  they  are  non  disherman  other  times  they  never  seen the  fisherman  ...(quilty again)  ...amazingly  i have  had  FISHERMAN  go  30 mph  bye  me  when i'm in  the  canoe  or  kayak  and   almost  flip me.....  been  anchored   fishing  weeds  and  had a  charter  boat    leave  a  wake  that   swamped  me!  and  i've  had  other  hunters  see  me  and  ride  their  4  wheelers   to  me  it  ask if  i seen  anything .....  so you  got  to  think  weather  your  setting  fishing  or  your  on  the  4  wheeler
Trapper these guys were doing in on purpose to the point when I was telling one guy to stop two of his friends wanted to join in. All day long doing speed runs behind my shan't were my 12 yr old son was fishing. Hearinf the f bombs all day long and everyone around them was giving them the nock it off looks and the arms up of really you have to act that way it wasn't until I informed him of the laws being broke did they stop and to prove just how rude of a person they started it all back up when I left the ice. The sad part is they had little kids out there driving around at one time with 4 people on a 4 wheel with no helmets. The kids were maybe 5-6 yrs old

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3723 on: Feb 24, 2014, 04:54 PM »
oh  no i  think  you  were  right  in saying  something!  i  misunderstood  that  they  stoped  ...you  should  have   called  and  walked  right up  got  the  plate  number   videod  the  chilgren  on the  4  wheelers  and  called  child  services  too  .....  bye the  way  in most places  repeating  the  f word  is agaist  obsenty laws  and  disorderly  conduct  ....it's  not  protected  under your  1st amend ment  if you don't  believe it  go  say it  to a  cop  ..... 

i  misunderstood  ...i am glad  you stood up   :thumbsup:

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3724 on: Feb 24, 2014, 06:01 PM »
Trapp you're guilty of those things? Say it ain't so!

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3725 on: Feb 24, 2014, 06:51 PM »
Trapp not a problem from the conversation in the parking area . Other people wear ready to do the same as I did these guys were out of control . It's a shame ice fishing can be a great family outing. I am allways respectfully of other people to the point I introduce my self and politely ask if I am setting up to close. I am trying very hard to teach my son how to be respectfully of others.

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #3726 on: Feb 24, 2014, 10:01 PM »
I was packed and ready to go this morning  and when I looked out the window (in Fulton) the weather did not look that threatening. Still, I checked the Doppler and  saw the band of snow I was going to have to crawl through to get to the Pond and I called the grand son and cancelled. Glad I did as the snow band dropped down to cover Fulton as well. The first time I had to pay to plow the driveway in 2 weeks. We were in and out of the snow band all day long. I was hoping to get some reports from the Pond. Obrien usually covers the conditions when I am not there or maybe Sandy Ponder. Anyway, after a day of rest I am ready to tackle it tomorrow. I heard from the twitty bird, a certain visitor from Booger Bottom may, may mind you, becoming up to New Yawk to take some of our fish back to PA with him.  :nono: :nono: :nono: Is that true?
Vernacular JB1...vernacular!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Wayne W.

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3727 on: Feb 24, 2014, 10:24 PM »
I don't fish the north pond much I'm on the south and its usually pretty peaceful but if you guys are having issues get ahold of the Oswego County Sheriffs Marine & Snowmobile Patrol unit they are usually in the area tell them about all the issues and I bet you will get them out there to put the yahoos in place I've had the pleasure of working with the marine unit in the summer good group of guys sure they would help you out. I do feel the DEC has dropped the ball on sandy pond there presence is non existent salmon river gets all the attention.  But mind you the DEC academy is less than 10 miles from the pond not that they need to be all over but there is a lot of shenanigans going on on the pond that need to be addressed

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3728 on: Feb 25, 2014, 03:44 AM »
bogg i  had  to snowblow  the drive  twice it was  bad and i think  90%  of the snow  fell in fulton and  oswego

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3729 on: Feb 25, 2014, 03:50 AM »
Trapp you're guilty of those things? Say it ain't so!

it's  true  my  mouth has  embarresed me a  few  times  and  i  have  drove  the boat i little  close  before and  as a  kid i  drove my neighbors  crazy with the  dirt bike  ...... 

so  yup i'm as  quilty  as can be and do see  the  other side  of the  coin ....  but i never acted like that ,this  is  a  situtation that  can get out of control and someone gets hurt  or  we lose a  access point !  green point matina  has  shut down access because of people being knuckleheads before  and if they feel a  liability issue i'm sure they would again ....just something to think about

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3730 on: Feb 25, 2014, 07:14 AM »
Amen hate to have everyone pay for a couple of bad apples. If this would have been kids maybe excusable but this was a group of adults acting like kids. And yes I do believe alcohol or other thing were involved.

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #3731 on: Feb 25, 2014, 07:37 AM »
good grief, I need to break out a thesaurus to figure out what all that meant!
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3732 on: Feb 25, 2014, 07:59 AM »
Yes big word but you have to agree 1percent will ruin it for rest. We need to stand up to this behavior before we loose our access. I believe the one on the 4 wheeler is local he was the only one not to leave in a truck he disappeared on the wheeler Garuntee he will be back and will bring more just to prove a point and if no one stand up it will continue until green point is shut down.

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3733 on: Feb 25, 2014, 09:25 AM »
OK NEW SUBJECT! How about fishing? lol  ::) Went and picked up the kids trophies today. They look great, I'm getting excited. I have a surplus of door prizes for the kids just like past years. Don't forget about breakfast and lunch served at the club. I have a local Syracuse magazine coming up to do an article/pictures/video of the event. Possibly a local radio station as well. Spread the word, The pond will be the place to be Saturday!

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3734 on: Feb 25, 2014, 09:56 AM »
Agree we're do you find info on the turnament.

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3735 on: Feb 25, 2014, 10:17 AM »
Found it thanks

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3737 on: Feb 25, 2014, 10:50 AM »
I will be sure to let my cousins at the point know about this so they have a heads up what is going on. :tipup:

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3738 on: Feb 25, 2014, 11:09 AM »
I will be sure to let my cousins at the point know about this so they have a heads up what is going on. :tipup:

BOB! I said new subject! lol. See you this weekend.  ;D

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3739 on: Feb 25, 2014, 02:01 PM »
OK NEW SUBJECT! How about fishing? lol  ::)

Well then Happy Helperton where's the hotspots? whats working well?  How do I find Pike?  :P :P

How thick is the ice now?

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3740 on: Feb 25, 2014, 02:17 PM »
Well then Happy Helperton where's the hotspots? whats working well?  How do I find Pike?  :P :P

How thick is the ice now?
Don't know.... lol the last time I fished was the Team tourney. Archery is taking up all my time.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3741 on: Feb 25, 2014, 02:19 PM »
Don't know.... lol the last time I fished was the Team tourney. Archery is taking up all my time.
What do you shoot in a league?

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3742 on: Feb 25, 2014, 02:25 PM »
2 leagues and travel all over to tournaments on weekends. Finally moved up to semi-pro so its taking alot more of my time.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3743 on: Feb 25, 2014, 02:36 PM »
2 leagues and travel all over to tournaments on weekends. Finally moved up to semi-pro so its taking alot more of my time.
Good for you buddy!!! Can't wait to get a new bow next year.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3744 on: Feb 25, 2014, 03:09 PM »

you  couldn't  find  fish  sticks  in  the  freezer  section  of  price  chopper

Offline denny13126

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jig your heart out!
« Reply #3745 on: Feb 25, 2014, 05:11 PM »
Is green point inside the boundary or is it just off the elms and wig warm?
it's all about finesse! tight lines and clean holes!

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3746 on: Feb 25, 2014, 05:46 PM »

you  couldn't  find  fish  sticks  in  the  freezer  section  of  price  chopper

They were all out  >:(   Told me some crazy old codger bought them all for hammer handle pike bait!  :-*

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3747 on: Feb 25, 2014, 05:53 PM »
They were all out  >:(   Told me some crazy old codger bought them all for hammer handle pike bait!  :-*

is  that  the  best  you  got?????

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3748 on: Feb 25, 2014, 05:54 PM »
is  that  the  best  you  got?????

Haven't you noticed I'm trying to behave now  :angel   ;D

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3749 on: Feb 25, 2014, 06:06 PM »