New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392967 times)

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #3660 on: Feb 18, 2014, 05:53 PM »
Congrats bogg! Man you're rough on wheelers! Glad I don't own an extended warranty you might've bought

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #3661 on: Feb 18, 2014, 06:21 PM »
Got half a day in today. The 4 wheeler was still a little rough, but we got out and back with out getting stuck. The bite was on at noon and lasted till 2:00 when the wind picked up . The bite stopped as soon as it started. Got 23 perch and had one pike hit, but kept the pimple because I was using a metal leader. The ice is still thick and the snow on top is still drifting and at places rutty from the old wheel tracks from days previous. Only 4 perch were over 10"s. Glad you got the wife out Tom. How do you do that?  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Not really sure....the only complaint was that i dont talk much.  Maybe its because i drag enough crap out and set it up like a vacation trip, maybe its my brilliant smile, possibly my dapper looks, or maybe its the quality of my sausage.....well My bratwurst anyway!   ;)
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3662 on: Feb 19, 2014, 07:00 AM »
the boogeymobil goes threw anything!!!!!!

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #3663 on: Feb 19, 2014, 01:21 PM »
Hi guys, 

I will be taking my kids out on Renshaw Bay tomorrow seeking some pike action. 

Two questions, how thick is the ice and is the snow on top getting slushy yet?  I don't want them getting wet feet.

Thanks

Offline Dhorning

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3664 on: Feb 19, 2014, 03:11 PM »
About 18-20 inches gettin a bit slushy outta greenpoint

Offline raysyncar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3665 on: Feb 19, 2014, 04:42 PM »
Fished the pond out of Wigwamville today from 11:30a to about 4:30p. Wind was interesting barometer below 30 pretty much all day. Very streaky with a few ok fish but nothing that would impress a first timer. Vintage fisherman just like BEING there. The slush will get you tomorrow if it rains like it is supposed to. It nearly got me and mine tonight. Thanks BOGEY. Good luck if you chance it.

Offline denny13126

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jig your heart out!
« Reply #3666 on: Feb 19, 2014, 08:29 PM »
Hi guys, 

I will be taking my kids out on Renshaw Bay tomorrow seeking some pike action. 

Two questions, how thick is the ice and is the snow on top getting slushy yet?  I don't want them getting wet feet.

Thanks

was at green point today alot of pike action i was fishing bluegills among other things  ::) ::) had 2 hooks stolen of my tip downs cause of the pike went 2-4 one a dead stick wit hshiners. alot of pike were active today for me,
it's all about finesse! tight lines and clean holes!

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #3667 on: Feb 20, 2014, 01:52 PM »
Just a reminder to all you DADs, MOMS and Grand Parents. This is the weekend for the 6th Annual Christine Reed Memorial Ice Fishing derdy. This is the best of the best for the kids. Every kid gets a door prize . There are no unhappy faces. See the flyer for more details on the Tournaments and derbies thread at the top of the Forums page. Not only that, there is a 100% payout for the Adults division as well. Great time for everyone and did I mention, get there early and enjoy one of the best breakfasts you will ever have, Hats off to the kitchen crew at SPSA, they do a great job. Class act guys and gals. Look forward to seeing a lot of old and new friends.

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #3668 on: Feb 20, 2014, 01:56 PM »
Had a great day chasing pike flags with the kids today on Renshaw Bay.  Our 2 biggest were about 5-6 pounds each and we lost one monster that tore open the latch on the steel leader.  If you catch one this weekend with a gold hook this weekend, let me know how big it was.  Finally had to go when we ran out of minnows.

Lots of parents with their kids on the ice today.  You all deserve a pat on the back!

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3669 on: Feb 20, 2014, 02:05 PM »
Fished sandy pond green point yesterday good pike action my 12yr old caught a 31 inch  thru the ice on 4 lb ultra light best trip of the year . Thank you to the gentleman that gave us a ride in much appreciated . Yellow sled with aluminum box sled just the perfect ending to a great day with my son.  We had a nightmare trip on Monday just read one of them days yes that was me. Yesterday made up for it.

Offline ron711

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3670 on: Feb 20, 2014, 05:44 PM »
Hopefully this rain won't effect the ice too bad. Thinking about going out in the AM.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3671 on: Feb 20, 2014, 05:51 PM »
Short of rotting out a few creek mouths this rain will only help.  Won't hurt a thing!
Fish on!
Good luck

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3672 on: Feb 20, 2014, 05:55 PM »
be  a  slush  mess  tomorrow  wear  the  lacrosses  ....  bogg  i  tried  calling  ya  i  seen  your   truck  at the  wig wam  i  crushed  the  pike  up  the  road  brought  5  home

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3673 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:03 PM »
  i  crushed  the  pike  up  the  road  brought  5  home

Ole timer ya finally figured out what stink logs are for? :clap:
Running over with a truck to fill low spots in the driveway
Till the coons eat em.

Offline Gill Ripper I

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3674 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:26 PM »
The Christine Reed tournament is March 1st . You can sign up Friday night at the Sportsman Club or Saturday. Breakfast and lunch served by "Chef Lee". Any questions to my favorite son in law- Tom Hains. 315-807-7844
Ninety percent of fishing is half mental :)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3675 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:36 PM »
Ole timer ya finally figured out what stink logs are for? :clap:
Running over with a truck to fill low spots in the driveway
Till the coons eat em.

yeah   i  cann catch more  then  dink perch  like  some  ...... that means  you  .....  hey  becareful  ...warm weather  bee's will be  coming  out

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3676 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:55 PM »
yeah   i  cann catch more  then  dink perch  like  some  ...... that means  you  .....  hey  becareful  ...warm weather  bee's will be  coming  out
Wow look at that! Old but not senile remembers crap from couple yrs ago! :P
Catch more?
I can catch a cold too doesn't mean I want it.  Just like stink logs.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3677 on: Feb 20, 2014, 07:06 PM »
Wow look at that! Old but not senile remembers crap from couple yrs ago! :P
Catch more?
I can catch a cold too doesn't mean I want it.  Just like stink logs.

i  didn't even  know  you  actually  fished

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3678 on: Feb 20, 2014, 07:26 PM »
i  didn't even  know  you  actually  fished
Ya well maybe take back the senile comment.
Fished a tourney on the pond when you were hiding. :P

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3679 on: Feb 20, 2014, 07:31 PM »
bogg sorry i missed  you my  friend  hope you  did  well 

went  up  to  lakeview  was  a  few  people  out there and i had a  rather late start  but  i  had  fun  ...

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3680 on: Feb 21, 2014, 05:49 AM »
Nice pikes Trapp...    :clap:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3681 on: Feb 21, 2014, 06:26 AM »
some friends  i met  over the years were fishing   so i set up near them then a  guy and  his  wife  set up  next to  me ...  big family  out  which  we were laughing at the kids running  tip ups 
lot of  people  but a  great time 

dack  i'm having a  bang up  year on  northerns .....  nothing  like  fresh  northern fillets after a  day on the ice!

bogg  if  ya  have anytrouble  filleting  let  me  know ,but i think you'll  catch right  on

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3682 on: Feb 21, 2014, 06:28 AM »
Nice stinklogs Trap!!  :thumbsup:  What's the deal with the bees??? :woot:

bcons found a bees  nest on his  porch and stuck  his  finger in the  hole ,then wondered why  he was stung  50  times .............  he's a  ok  guy  just  not the  brightest  crayon in the  box  ....ya  know what i'm saying

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3683 on: Feb 21, 2014, 08:03 AM »
Maybe Deb and I should be there Friday night so I can sign in been a while since we had a few together John ;D

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3684 on: Feb 21, 2014, 04:54 PM »
I remember now...going back a couple years!!  ;D Your mind is still sharp as a tack my friend!!!! ;) What I don't understand is why...#1, if you know bees are present why would you disturb them?  :-\ #2, why would anyone, bcons, want to stick your finger in the hole??  :o I think some spray foam in the hole would've been quicker and a whole lot easier!! ;D

YEP, some crayons are brighter than others!!! LOL!!

Hey now you two jackwagons what am I supposed to do? Run around in chartreuse & fuschia?
Lol

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3685 on: Feb 21, 2014, 05:57 PM »
bcons found a bees  nest on his  porch and stuck  his  finger in the  hole ,then wondered why  he was stung  50  times .............  he's a  ok  guy  just  not the  brightest  crayon in the  box  ....ya  know what i'm saying

well at least he was probing with his finger , :woot:, but I'm glad he is ok

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #3686 on: Feb 22, 2014, 06:12 AM »
AMEN JB.  I agree with you.  Maybe you could get a "posse" formed, out on the ice, to let these "hooligans" know how we feel; embarrass them, shame them, if that is even possible.

The grand daughter and I are going to deplete the perch population on the pond today. Hope to see you out there . It should be a zoo out there today. Please watch your language out on the ice. I am not by any means a prude or self righteous. I've worked construction my whole life and I have heard a few good invectives and four letter Anglo-Saxon expletives.  I do not, however countenance  practicing myself or others flagrantly , at the top of there lungs cussing the same four letter word every other word from their mouths for an extended period of time. It may be the beer contributes to this lack of respect to others. I wonder if they talk that way at their dinner table. Do they have children of their own? Do they talk like that in front of their children?  My grand son and I were fishing , only briefly in front of the Elms on Thursday when we were exposed to these yahoos. To the left of me , less than 50 yards was a family with a young girl, less than 10 years old I would say, to my right . another father and daughter of similar age uncomfortably fishing and tolerating this rude behavior.

To you hooligans, who feel it is your first amendment right to ruin what was a beautiful day for my grandson and me, I say shame on you. At 69 years old , I am not going to confront you on the ice. I ask my fellow IS ers to condemn you. Perhaps just maybe these yahoos can develop a little conscience and practice some self discipline. It seems , I write this same post every year . I am normally the most positive person you will ever meet on the ice. It grieves me greatly to again write this post. I pray the Lord will give these hooligans a second thought before continuing their abusive effrontery to others. My grand children, your grand children do not deserve to be exposed to this kind of behavior. No one needs to hear this kind of vulgarity on the ice. Remember how far your voice travels on the ice.

Offline ryanrobb52

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3687 on: Feb 22, 2014, 06:19 AM »
kick em in the ice hole!   ;D

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #3688 on: Feb 22, 2014, 06:25 AM »
Couldn't agree more JB1...but "invectives"...you might want to simplify that a little!  :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Wayne W.

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3689 on: Feb 22, 2014, 06:35 AM »
Hey bogey I'm heading out today for the first time in a long time maybe I'll see ya out there green one man Eskimo aka the redneck rig... you have any problems with disorderly conduct out there give me a hollar I can be there pretty quick on the old Indy to lay down the law

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.