New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392968 times)

OneidaAngler

Re: Sandypond
« Reply #3600 on: Feb 06, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Anybody target steelhead through the ice on the Pond? I would have to think you could get a few if you set up for them near the Little Sandy Creek inlet.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3601 on: Feb 06, 2014, 05:53 PM »
Anybody target steelhead through the ice on the Pond? I would have to think you could get a few if you set up for them near the Little Sandy Creek inlet.
There are very few caught each yr.  This past derby there were 2 caught.  Don't think anyone ever targets them.  They're just incidental.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3602 on: Feb 06, 2014, 09:26 PM »
Traps great at instigating!  I just try to behave myself  :angel

But when ya get to be in his condition........... :P :P :P

(Image removed from quote.)

:roflmao: i  ain't that  young  you  goof  ball

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3603 on: Feb 06, 2014, 10:14 PM »
Do the white perch congregate in a particular section in the pond?  I wouldn't mind catching those.

Offline lovetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3604 on: Feb 07, 2014, 10:34 AM »
With the latest snow fall... Can we get wheelers out on the pond?  I know around Adams there were a lot of snow to report.
Thanks

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3605 on: Feb 07, 2014, 04:30 PM »
Dodged most of the lake effect, but still fresh snow.  The other thing is the rock hard drifts from before this snow.  Some 2-3' tall and steep. Like hitting a rock wall. 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3606 on: Feb 08, 2014, 04:31 AM »
Dodged most of the lake effect, but still fresh snow.  The other thing is the rock hard drifts from before this snow.  Some 2-3' tall and steep. Like hitting a rock wall.

i seen a  truck  hit  one  of those  drifts  on lakeview !!!!  he was  stuck ans spent some  time shoveling ,  he  got  out  but  he had to work at it !  becareful  those  drifts   got damp and  are  rock hard  now

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #3607 on: Feb 09, 2014, 03:32 AM »
I'm glad all you guys are fishing instead of posting. That's a good sign. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Not all JB1...not all.  :-[
Wayne W.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3608 on: Feb 09, 2014, 04:26 AM »
Well that's not good hardwater, withdrawals can lead to bad mood & behavior!

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #3609 on: Feb 09, 2014, 04:32 AM »
I'll get there..I'll get there!! ;)2
Wayne W.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3610 on: Feb 09, 2014, 01:53 PM »
hey hows  the  walk out there  now????? i'm  debating  where  to  go in the  morning

Offline toes-r-froze

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3611 on: Feb 09, 2014, 07:08 PM »
Wear cleats.there are some drifts that you can jump if riding a sled but lots of spots have just like 2" of snow.some spots with 4" Of snow.no problems Iif you have a wheeler Or walking.was snowing when we left but unless they get a foot up there ovr the night your fine.

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #3612 on: Feb 11, 2014, 01:09 PM »
So what's the forecast looking like for Sat and Sunday?  It seems like everything I look at has a different outlook.  Should I bring an extra bottle of heat for the shanty to keep the kids on the ice?
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3613 on: Feb 11, 2014, 03:34 PM »
So what's the forecast looking like for Sat and Sunday?  It seems like everything I look at has a different outlook.  Should I bring an extra bottle of heat for the shanty to keep the kids on the ice?

Weekend looks nice! However I'd certainly bring xtra propane for the kido's.  Wind chills will be at or below Zero most of the weekend. Good luck!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3614 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:12 AM »
I am finally healed after that trip to Chaumont last week. Talk about dink fest. Every body of water has it's on and off days. Well anyway, after listening to all the derogatory quips about the size of the Sandy Pond perch, I am again returning to the honey hole to catch a meal. WE may not have the biggest but we do have perch. I will be perfectly happy keeping (20 -30) 10" perch. I can virtually guarantee  a meal at Sandy Pond, wish I could say that for Chaumont or Oneida. Thanks to my bud Cusefan who taxied my grandson and me out to the shoals. Today will be much more sedentary, I will sit in the perm shanty , with the heater and portable radio, listening to my fav radio station and catching some perch and making my normal contribution of 1 or 2 yellow (chartreuse) pimples to the slime logs.
 AH! Ain't life grand?
Boggey you sounded like your life was sucked out of your body.

That was a very rough day up there. Between the wind, snow, cold and awful fishing it wasn't very much fun. To top
It off the guy next to me was singing all day and it sounded like nails on a chalkboard. Oh sorry that was you Boggey.

Good luck today my friend   
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3615 on: Feb 12, 2014, 12:05 PM »
Good luck boggey! I'd rather be out there fishing with spikes than at work today!
I'm also calling BS on the you sitting in the perm all day.  $50 says you find it irresistible to hole hop at least a bit.  Its sunny & your a bucket sitter at heart.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3616 on: Feb 12, 2014, 02:30 PM »
Good luck boggey! I'd rather be out there fishing with spikes than at work today!
I'm also calling BS on the you sitting in the perm all day.  $50 says you find it irresistible to hole hop at least a bit.  Its sunny & your a bucket sitter at heart.
I would not take that bet  ;D

Offline EricB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3617 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:37 PM »
I need some parking Info if anyone can tell me where to park.  I need a street name hopefully free parking.  Please reply to this thread.  Thanks!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #3618 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:59 PM »
there is no free parking unless you know someone
 that has a camp. wig wam/elms/ green point. all $5.00 each.
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3619 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:06 PM »
There's a search function on this site. 

Step 1: Click Search
Step 2: Type in what you're searching for
Step 3: Click on the link provided
Step 4: Read the answer you're looking for

Someone  ::) just posted a map with drawings & addresses for the entire pond not back too far.

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #3620 on: Feb 13, 2014, 08:04 AM »
I will definately be on the pons this weekend, wife bought me a brand new gas auger for valentines day! And she works all weekend ;D
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline Dhorning

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3621 on: Feb 13, 2014, 09:48 AM »
Went out yesterday for most of the day managed a decent amount of perch an got 4 nice pike but man did I work for em

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3622 on: Feb 13, 2014, 09:52 AM »
there is no free parking unless you know someone
 that has a camp. wig wam/elms/ green point. all $5.00 each.

I have been parking in the street west of the WigWam near the other access point.  I believe we turn in right where the sportsman's club is.  I've seen many other guys do the same.  I'm assuming we've just been lucky that we haven't been ticketed? 

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #3623 on: Feb 13, 2014, 09:55 AM »
YOU DA MAN! And what pray tell did you get her? If it is too intimate please spare the details.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Lets just say i had to drop about 400 in order to sufficiently reciprocate, jewelry and victorias secret, thats as much as you get!  @)
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #3624 on: Feb 13, 2014, 10:59 PM »
Now we know where all your winnings went from the big win. But from those gifts its win win for tommyboy. Nice job.
  ;D
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline snakemaistre

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3625 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:22 AM »
Where can I find info on the SPSA derby down there this weekend?

Offline townzee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3626 on: Feb 14, 2014, 09:56 AM »
My bud Townzee made it out yesterday and grabbed some nice perch and a 30'' pike at Tommyboy's hole. You are working too much Jake. You got to get the weekend off for the Christine Reed Memorial Perch derby on the 1st of march. It will be a good time to all get together again and the kids have a great time. I'm going to fish right next to Tommyboy so he can cut holes for me, no really , right next to him.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wish I could get more time off. I don't usually know if I have to work until 9:30 am the day before. If everyone would turn some lights off and turn their heat down a few degrees I could fish more!
The guys next to me landed a few nice pike as well. I had to work for the pearch I did land. They were on and off all day. They would hit for a while, then start coming off the bottom as the jig fell but not hit. Had a seagul steal one of my perch. Guess they have to eat also. Was a great day of not working! Hopefully Syd the kid and I will be out for a few hours tomorrow. Not sure if we will go to G.P. Or the elms yet.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #3627 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:00 AM »
how much more snow did the pond get

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3628 on: Feb 14, 2014, 11:43 AM »
I'm wondering the same thing. I have a guy that's been wanting to get out. Might take him to the pond this weeekend
It'll eat.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3629 on: Feb 14, 2014, 12:03 PM »
I'm wondering the same thing. I have a guy that's been wanting to get out. Might take him to the pond this weeekend

you musta  got  hammer  i  did .....  pm me  well  go out 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.