New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392970 times)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #3330 on: Jan 26, 2014, 05:29 PM »

yep thats a nice snake eater , on 2# great job

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3331 on: Jan 26, 2014, 06:16 PM »
Fished a couple of hours this evening at Elms. Met a fisherman coming off as I was heading out of the parking lot. A shout out to fellow ISer  JackPerch137. He had a rough day but stuck with it had a slow bite day. His daughter is also an avid fisherwoman. He has a lot of good times ahead with his fishing partner. Fish on Bill and hope we get to cut some holes together.  I hope you and the daughter team up for next Saturday's Team Tournament.  I also ran into Derek and his son. They were on there way back in with a half bucket of nice perch. Didn't have to go far either. He tuned me into his hole location. I sat down, unfolded the Otter II and proceeded where he left off. Caught a hundred to keep 20 still it was nice to set on a hot bite hole again. Nothing over 10"s, the rest will make good poor man's shrimp. Bought some cocktail sauce on the way home. Yum! Closed the day by running out to the Perm Shanty and setting the runners up on 2X4"s to prevent the runners from settling into the ice. A good practice I have found weather permitting, I only have to move the shanty every third day to keep the runners from freezing into the ice. That's not a hard thing to do when your retired guys and gals.  ;)2 ;)2 ;)2 ;)2
Hope you marked the spot Jimmy  ;D ;D ;D

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #3332 on: Jan 26, 2014, 06:31 PM »
Geat story Jboggey, meeting you has been one of the most blessed things that has happened in my life in a long long time. Anyone that has had the opportunity to meet you has had an opportunity indeed. You encourage me. Thanks for being a friend, mentor, and a blessing.
Hope to see everyone at sign ups friday night!

Nice pike basslover!!   :)
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline mjw

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3333 on: Jan 26, 2014, 06:35 PM »
Just saw 28 for Saturday

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3334 on: Jan 26, 2014, 07:43 PM »
Yea HT i heard duffy was coming up to Dinkfest 2014, ya gotta watch that guy, he tends to get filet in trouble and release surfaces  ;D. Be great to see some of the gang again and catch up as well as meet other IS members. :icefish:

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3335 on: Jan 27, 2014, 04:56 AM »
On the ice today?  :o :o :o. That wind is ripping! Can only imagine the pond.
Let's just hope that lake effect stays south of there.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3336 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:17 AM »
On the ice today?  :o :o :o. That wind is ripping! Can only imagine the pond.
Let's just hope that lake effect stays south of there.
X2 ..... Be safe out there bud :o :o :o

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3337 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:26 AM »
nice  northern!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3338 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:36 AM »
good  luck  boggey  but  becareful  bit  nasty out

Offline NJEdwards312

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3339 on: Jan 27, 2014, 07:51 AM »
Nice

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3340 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:01 AM »
Yes, Boggey and all, be very careful, the wind is sustained 25+ MPH and it's snowing pretty good, visibility 30' or so, not a day to be on the pond IMO, but if you are, take good care.

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3341 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:35 AM »
No Eddy, I couldn't other than a little triangulation. The delivery on the new 4X elite is today. I am excited. Can't wait to get it in my hands. Besides they were not Tournament winning size. We will go to secret code #3. I am on the ice today as well. One of my old buds, PWC from Pathfinder Fish & game Club is going to give me a lesson on fishing today (he says). Grandson is coming too, the eldest. He is taking courses on line and can skip school any time he wants. I tell you, this younger generation, I just don't understand. Heck , he is 25 and thinks he can retire just like me. Good luck with that. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :woot: :woot:
Would that be my old buddy Paul Clark ?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #3342 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:40 AM »
Yes Liz, I can attest to that now, expostofacto or what ever. After a white knuckle drive over to the pond in a near white out from confusion corner to Minkler's farm. I finally madeit to Woody's where we watched the remaindwe of the blow pass us by. When the snow slowed down, still strong winds, I decided to hit the pond at the Elms. It wasn't plowed and I was lucky to get back up o the hill after a lot of slipping and sliding. Complete white out at that ramp anyway.
    Went to The Wig-Wam. They were not plowed either yet I managed to  park by the docks. Unloaded the wheeler and got stuch in a 6' drift 2/3rds the way down the ramp. Had to walk back up the ramp and borrowed a shovel from a very nice lady in the first house to the left of the ramp. Turned the machine around and got stuck again. A lot od shoveling for this old guy. The second time I got stuck was the last straw. Gave up and came home. Enjoying the heat from the register under the computer table after another white knuckle drive back home.
 Some one will have to level that drift at the bottom of the Wig-Wam ramp. Maybe some sled travel will knock it down and pack the snow making it passable. In the meantime wheelers will bury up to the skid plate every time.  Access by foot or sled guys and gals at Wig-Wam.

;D  See you Saturday morning.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #3343 on: Jan 27, 2014, 12:03 PM »
FISHFOR PIKE, hOW MUCH YOU GOING TO CHARGE FOR A TOW OUT TO THE HONEY HOLE? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Depends on how much "honey" is out there!  ;)  Pass on the GPS coords and I will consider.  :P

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3344 on: Jan 27, 2014, 12:12 PM »
Depends on how much "honey" is out there!  ;)  Pass on the GPS coords and I will consider.  :P
Don't fall for it partner  ;D ;D ;D I'll get out there for us and tow you if necessary... FFP is a great guy and will be a welcome addition to the event all kidding aside ;) ;) ;). Wait till you see that machine in person :o :o :o

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #3345 on: Jan 27, 2014, 12:17 PM »
;D  See you Saturday morning.

(Image removed from quote.)
That thing is awesome! bad a** right there Phil :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3346 on: Jan 27, 2014, 12:31 PM »
Nice ride Phil  @) glad to hear you're coming down for the dink perch festival! ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3347 on: Jan 27, 2014, 12:51 PM »

what do you mean boggey  the temp's are down that's a heat wave compared to the to -11 starts this past week , that's what the propane is for , with temps like that a sweatshirt might be all ya need in your hard shack , while your young paduwan is running the tip ups

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3348 on: Jan 27, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Boggey, just got the news today that the wife and I are in. Might bring our boy also, he seems interested.

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3349 on: Jan 27, 2014, 03:31 PM »
There's still some decent perch in the pond. I got into them pretty good Friday morning it seems as though they are just starting to group up. Feel it is still a little early. Definitely an improvement over my previous trips to the pond as they were all challenged in the size department...

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3350 on: Jan 27, 2014, 03:37 PM »
There's still some decent perch in the pond. I got into them pretty good Friday morning it seems as though they are just starting to group up. Feel it is still a little early. Definitely an improvement over my previous trips to the pond as they were all challenged in the size department...
I'm confused are you talking about the perch or Boggey because that would answer truly why mrs Boggey is upset.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3351 on: Jan 27, 2014, 03:38 PM »
Hey Boggey, it's been pretty much of a white out today, but during a brief break, the only shanty I saw on the pond was off the south shore, looks like off the point between Eddie's and the Wigwam and the beach, it's blue, I think.  Is that yours?  If so, it's upright and not on my lawn, in fact, it looked like it was faring just fine in the soft, warm breezes of the day.  The north shore has been pretty well socked in, but I could not see any shanties, perm or otherwise, off of GP or The Elms today.  Will look again tomorrow if I am stuck home again, otherwise will ask Bill to do same.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #3352 on: Jan 27, 2014, 03:54 PM »
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

;D I might be able to make more $$$ giving rides than when we win the contest  :woot: :flex:

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3353 on: Jan 27, 2014, 04:20 PM »
OK, Boggey, I think I see your shanty now, was just watching 4 snowmachines make their way across the pond and I think I say it, off the Elms, a stately looking and well built unit, a little north and west of the north end of Karl's Island.  Yup, she's upright and ready to catch the derby winner, for sure.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3354 on: Jan 27, 2014, 04:55 PM »

Let me know when you want me to show you how to use it  ;D ;D ;D ;D I got lessons from 3 guys before I figured it out :whistle: :whistle:

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3355 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:01 PM »
I am not at liberty to out him. So I can't answer that. However , I will say he was a lot smarter than me. He didn't make it to Woody's even, although I am not at liberty to say that  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
Probably because he banged his Nils master auger on the ice last week to get the ice off and now it won't cut  ::) ;D    Since I sold him the auger over 10 years ago, he's treated it like a baby until the last time out when he treated it like a red headed step child ! ;D ;D

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #3356 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Phil,
You should rephrase that . IF

We older people have to develop neural pathways through repetition. We older.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I didn't think you would catch that "WHEN", although that is what I meant to say/write.   ;D  No matter - we are in it for the fun.  ;)   And you may be right on with the "neural pathways" thing; have to ask Freddie about that.  :woot:

So, how much ice is there on that "pond"?  AND, is the NAV app/chart accurate?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3357 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:28 PM »
Paduwan! Paduwan! Paduwan! Where is Hardwater when you need him?  :callcops: :callcops: :callcops: :callcops: :callcops: :callcops: I believe that is padawan not to be critical Freddy. And I want you to know, I also speak Klingon, fluently. Imagine, wakening from my nappy poo to find this dribble on line. Besides that, Eddy makes me check the tip downs while he does his Hi-Tek thing. :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

well you won't find that word so it can be spelled anyway you wish it's not real word but I see you watched a the star wars eps ,  LOL ,your almost as bad a RG LOL ,he needs my punctuation so he can breath ,besides run it through your spell check or the Webster LOL

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3358 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:30 PM »
I didn't think you would catch that "WHEN", although that is what I meant to say/write.   ;D  No matter - we are in it for the fun.  ;)   And you may be right on with the "neural pathways" thing; have to ask Freddie about that.  :woot:

So, how much ice is there on that "pond"?  AND, is the NAV app/chart accurate?

dosen't matter they are the raining kings of 6 stripers LOL

Offline roeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3359 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Can soemone tell if Green point is back open for parking? looking to go on Friday.

Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.