New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392964 times)

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #3300 on: Jan 23, 2014, 09:27 PM »
so we should thank all the guys for contributing to our trip  :woot:
When team smurf wins the big prize, we only ask that everyone sing the happy song for us.   La....La...La,La,La,La....La,La,La....La!  :woot:
Start practicing boys!  ;)

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3301 on: Jan 24, 2014, 08:42 AM »
I am new to this forum and have been enjoying the posts that I have read. My father and I are planning on fishing the derby and wanted to know what the location of the Friday registration site is if the SPSH/Wigwam is closed.  This will be our first time in the derby and looking foreward to a great day.  Thanks for any help.
Welcome aboard! Have you been practicing the happy song ??? ??? :woot: ;D

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #3302 on: Jan 24, 2014, 11:05 AM »
 :sick: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: buzz

Offline roscoe on the trail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3303 on: Jan 24, 2014, 12:37 PM »
Thanks for the all the great info, really appreciate it.  Hopefully run into some of the SandyPonders in person to convers face to face.  Thanks again and stay safe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3304 on: Jan 24, 2014, 12:42 PM »
Here it is my vacuous, insipid, nonsensical 3rd post so as I may access the other graet forums here in IS,  again, thanks for the help

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3305 on: Jan 24, 2014, 02:38 PM »
Hey Boggey shouldn't there be some kind of stipulation for the tourney that you can't submit pike bait considering those will be bigger then anything anyone catches.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3306 on: Jan 24, 2014, 02:50 PM »
I just don't want the integrity of the tourney to be tarnished. Besides Ill have some smelts under may hat that are going to win the tourney.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3307 on: Jan 24, 2014, 05:28 PM »

good one guys , my bait isn't much bigger than a 5 striper , I'm not down sizing just to let you both know it's all or nothing you can buy me a frosty  ;D

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3308 on: Jan 24, 2014, 06:10 PM »
I'll buy a couple frostys as long as nobody tries to steal your seat  ;) ;D

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3309 on: Jan 24, 2014, 06:33 PM »
Did anyone warn the PA boys its a little colder north of the border? They can't fish here like at home.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3310 on: Jan 24, 2014, 06:39 PM »
I mean a couple teams have NY members that have to duct tape sporks from KFC to their feet to keep from sinking in the snow.  Others have to special order track kits for their hoverrounds it can be rough.

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3311 on: Jan 24, 2014, 06:42 PM »
We are going to have a container inspection prior to shot gun start. I wouldn't have surmised you would be so Machiavellian as to hide a fish under your hat. Now that I know it, you will be asked to remove your Peruvian flap eared hat.  EWWW, verstankinzee ya? Sarah may have second thoughts about dining with you after that.
  :blink: Somebody better tell Release to make sure his story-time container is cleaned then!! :woot:

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3312 on: Jan 24, 2014, 07:06 PM »

Jimmy, we may be scaring people away  ::) ::) ::) ::) KP and F&R seem to be among the most confident with Team Smurf and Bcons shortly .... No pun intended Smurfs.... Behind. I will get the stew meat pulled Wednesday and fill a tank. Lisa want's to have dinner with you and Rita with the winnings at Franks Monday after we win, remember 4 dollar a dozen Little Neck Steamers, and 15$ for 2 pounds of Snow Crab :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #3313 on: Jan 24, 2014, 07:16 PM »
dont get your hopes up too high ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3314 on: Jan 24, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Did anyone warn the PA boys its a little colder north of the border? They can't fish here like at home.
I fish for steelhead in this weather, won't be a problem  ;D
Jim K.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3315 on: Jan 25, 2014, 06:53 AM »
  I'm all in favor of a shake down before going to the ice , we just hope you know the difference between our bait and the targeted species  and coach you are going to need that pot when you see what comes to the weigh in ,and coach you better bring these       

Offline Gill Ripper I

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3316 on: Jan 25, 2014, 08:12 AM »
Hi Bogey Tom and John are in Team "Above The Ice". See you Friday at Eddies.
Ninety percent of fishing is half mental :)

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3317 on: Jan 25, 2014, 08:32 AM »
Good luck John and stay on top this year ;D

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3318 on: Jan 25, 2014, 03:27 PM »
Got the shanty out today. Thanks to my grandson's help. We tipped it over on it's side once. Dragged it from GP to the honey hole. With out chains it was tough. We had to dig out of a bunch of 2 foot drifts. Just a note. The Perm Shanty is not setting on the honey hole.
I have so much to say about this but I'm going to wait till after the tourney. All I will say is that I'll be fishing next to the guy with an off white snorkel jacket fishing in 20 below zero temps sitting on a bucket without gloves on. I'll be the guy in the 90 degree shanty poking Boggey to make sure he doesn't freeze to death.

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #3319 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:37 PM »
Did a little recon today, not where i wanted. Wigwam not plowed so my car got stuck...got a couple nice pike. The wind was miserable. JB1, were you accompanied by snowsleds? Saw a wheeler trying to blow through the drifts. Going to hit it again tomorrow, getting my money making game plan together for next saturday @)
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3320 on: Jan 25, 2014, 06:47 PM »

omg zeroed in you jig and your boy chases flags all day  :o

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3321 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:55 PM »
planning on coming to the pond in the morning, can anyone tell me how much snow is on the ice, if there is too much for a wheeler or not, any info will be appreciated

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3322 on: Jan 26, 2014, 06:47 AM »
With that kinda weather you might have "team smurf" model those depends for the rest of the entrants  :o

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3323 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:00 AM »
keep stirring the pot ;)2 you PA boys will be crying your way back home next weekend.  ::) ::) cant belive you guys are throwing the short jokes now too. dont worry we have no feelings left ;D ;D

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3324 on: Jan 26, 2014, 12:30 PM »
HT, you are truly my hero. Always defiant in the face of adversity.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Its not just adversity he's always defiant..,. :P

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3325 on: Jan 26, 2014, 12:55 PM »
its going to be a little difficult changing strategies form catching 16"-23" walleyes and 12"-14" elephant perch down to 8" pencil fish but i will manage ::) ::) ::) i hear duffy is coming up to fish. been a while since i seen him. cant wait sounds like good times to me. make sure your wallets full jboggey1 when you get on the ice saturday. me and coach will help lighten it up for ya. lmfao :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :woot:

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3326 on: Jan 26, 2014, 02:42 PM »
its going to be a little difficult changing strategies form catching 16"-23" walleyes and 12"-14" elephant perch down to 8" pencil fish but i will manage ::) ::) ::) i hear duffy is coming up to fish. been a while since i seen him. cant wait sounds like good times to me. make sure your wallets full jboggey1 when you get on the ice saturday. me and coach will help lighten it up for ya. lmfao :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :woot:
Should be fun. I know i can't wait to land my first dink perch ::)  :icefish:

Offline basslover96

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bass fishin'
« Reply #3327 on: Jan 26, 2014, 02:46 PM »

Caught this big boy on 2 lb test. What a fight that was took me about 25-30 minutes to catch it.
Biggest fish ive caught to date.  ;D Got it on a small Swedish Pimple with a minnow head.

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3328 on: Jan 26, 2014, 02:48 PM »
Nice gator!! :clap:

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3329 on: Jan 26, 2014, 03:13 PM »
nice stink log ;) i hope you ate it.......... ;D