New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392968 times)

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #3180 on: Jan 10, 2014, 05:56 PM »
He's one Bad Ash!  :woot: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :icefish:
   That's right..... Nobody can catch dink perch like HT!! :flex: ;) :icefish: :icefish:

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3181 on: Jan 12, 2014, 07:58 AM »
Heh, heh, Boggey, a few were out later than you, much later, they were just screaming across the pond on their sleds, not stopping for any fishing activities, probably on their way to the Wayside......

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3182 on: Jan 12, 2014, 02:25 PM »
Just a few pics from the south pond waful's creek is rocking water on my side of the pond is up 2ft maybe more

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3183 on: Jan 12, 2014, 06:04 PM »
Decent number of people on both ponds today and i was going to but i have to go to the State Fire Academy in Montour Falls for the weekend unfortunatly i will be doing the sportsmans derby

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #3184 on: Jan 13, 2014, 02:12 PM »
The Sportsman Club has a link to a Web Cam that shoots across the Pond.  Its nice for us out-of-towners to take a peek to see whats going on prior to arriving.  I took a look today and it looks like the inside of someones garage door.  Is anyone familiar with the site and does anyone know what happened? :-\
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline jay norris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3185 on: Jan 13, 2014, 02:19 PM »
Thanks for the info on the web cam.

Offline jshave73

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3186 on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:45 PM »
wow.  hoping it gets cold quick! would like to get up there a few times this season.

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3187 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:24 PM »
OK people this is all personal opinion but here are the facts. In the past 48 hours sandy pond north and south water levels have risen up to 36". The channel to the lake seems to be jammed and not allowing the ponds to drain. From what I heard tonight army corps of engineers has be notified but I haven't heard of there solution. The creeks that supply sandy pond with water have been bombarding the pond with warmer water therefore compromising the ice anywhere near a creek. The shore ice is pretty well shot, I have 50 yards of open water on my shoreline before I get to any ice. So I would say stay safe and wait till the ice forms back up no fish is worth your life and I'd much rather meet my fellow iceshanty members while out fishing not while working with Sandy Creek FD trying to rescue you. If you do plan on venturing out try to find a fishing partner and bring a pfd and some rope I carry rope and a pfd all year round also ice spike frabill sells them very inexspensive and light weight so you dont feel them around your neck ,spuds are a vital tool and also if going alone leave some sort of trip plan with somebody. This all may sound lame and to some unnecessary but it just might save your life

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3188 on: Jan 14, 2014, 05:14 AM »
Completely agree with obrien, stay off the north and south ponds.  Our water levels are high, the shore ice is shot, the creeks are overflowing and it rained all night long, it's a dangerous situation.  Respect the pond.

Offline yelleroses

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3189 on: Jan 14, 2014, 10:32 AM »
Good job on the reports guys. Almost all fishermen know if it feels right for them to walk out or not but....you know that when you travel for a couple of hours to get there that your brain can kick into a different mode. Do yourselves a favor and listen to these good people and stay away until all is good again. Thanks for the updates.
A handgun is just a list ditch effort to get back to where you left your rifle.

Offline jay norris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3190 on: Jan 14, 2014, 11:46 AM »
Thanks for the updates on the pond !

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3191 on: Jan 15, 2014, 04:13 AM »
Hope you pond residents are OK!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3192 on: Jan 15, 2014, 07:20 AM »
hey if  theres a sandy pond web cam ,post the  link will you ;D

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3193 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:59 AM »
Private message to Drowndin Dots. Hey Eddy , you think we are scaring those other guys away ? Maybe we should lay off all the bravado. What do you think? Heck, half those Pennsylvania guys canceled last year because we intimidated them so bad. Maybe we should take a more friendly less contentious attitude. My great grand daughter got to have shoes. I need the money. We have to get innovative. What do you say we announce our retirement so all those wanna bees will think they got a chance and then at the last minute after they all put their money up , we re-enter? Great idea eh? Keep this on the down low. SHHHHHH :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Team Tournament Flyer: http://www.emoticonsfree.org/
I heard a rumor the Legend "Release" may be out doing a little scouting on the pond very soon. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: So if you want an early autograph keep your eyes peeled!!  :woot: :flex: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3194 on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:47 AM »
Folks, the Sandy Pond Sportsman's Association has posted a lot of info (some gleaned from this site) on their Facebook page, check it out if you are interested in as comprehensive update as we've seen on the water situation in both ponds.  The SPSA's Facebook page has no privacy settings, so you don't have to be "friends" to see the info, however, if you want to become friends, we would love to have everyone, it's a great source of general pond area info and is non-commercial, we don't promote anything but our own stuff, and we are a non-profit.   I'm posting the same thing in the conditions thread, but the biggest take away is that the ice is not safe currently (but it is intact), but I do believe Boggey is right, we will have good conditions again soon, so patience, grasshoppers, patience.

Mods, once again, let me know if I have overstepped and I will take the post down. 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3195 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:04 AM »
sandyponder  ty  for  your time  posting!  a lot  of  is  members  do  enjoy  fishing  on the  pond  with  the  information being supplied  from the  club and  you  only helps  us and our  familys  to stay safe  I  sure  hope  the  land  owners  are  all ok  .....please  keep us  posted   and  ty  again

Offline jay norris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3196 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:19 AM »
Good to hear a few perch being caught !

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3197 on: Jan 15, 2014, 12:45 PM »
Went out last night to survey the flooding and it could be worse but its not pretty no real solutions to the ice jam problem lots of ideas but no action as of yet. Play it safe and stay away from the pond for now

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #3198 on: Jan 15, 2014, 02:35 PM »
The link for the pond web cam is as follows: http://sandypond.dyndns-work.com:13177/main.htm  when prompted the usrename is Guest.  There is no password.  Unfortunately as I said, it looks as though the owner moved into his garage and put the door down.  Not sure whats up with that.  I've seen some prety bad oictures the last few days, can anyone give me some insight on the channels off of Seber Shores Rd? Looks like the lower areas might not be fairing to well and I cant get there until Friday night. Thanks for any info.  Be safe! :-\
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3199 on: Jan 15, 2014, 04:16 PM »
hey  KP  good  to  see  y  post ! ;D 

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3200 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:10 PM »
The link for the pond web cam is as follows: http://sandypond.dyndns-work.com:13177/main.htm  when prompted the usrename is Guest.  There is no password.  Unfortunately as I said, it looks as though the owner moved into his garage and put the door down.  Not sure whats up with that.  I've seen some prety bad oictures the last few days, can anyone give me some insight on the channels off of Seber Shores Rd? Looks like the lower areas might not be fairing to well and I cant get there until Friday night. Thanks for any info.  Be safe! :-\
flooded kilts tract was under water last night water was going down but now we are getting a decent west wind exactly what we didnt want may break the ice jam or may make thing far worse if we get a surge of water that is normally associated with a west wind

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3201 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:41 PM »
Is there someone talking on here.....?????????? Freddie and I will take the red carpet treatment when we unload our gear as we stroll down the ramp to take the First Place prize from Team Second Place...that is your team name..Team Second Place...is it not!!! :P Oh, by the way, Make sure that red carpet is rolled out, ironed nice and neat, for when we leave the ice on our way to OUR Throne of Victory!! ;D You won't scared Us off that easy!!!! ;) :P :P

On to a more serious note....I hope all the residents along the shorelines of the pond remain safe from flooding!!! ;)--KP
Want me to see if i can get the Sandy Creek high school marching band there too?   I think Release would like that!!  :woot: :icefish:

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3202 on: Jan 15, 2014, 07:36 PM »
All this hub bub about needing red carpets. Lol real men walk on water not rugs! >:D :-* :-* :whistle:

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #3203 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Thats the spirit!!  These guys sound like a bunch of old women going to the opera or something!  Hope they bring their purses! They may all need to dig out their midol when they are licking their wounds!! ;D

All this hub bub about needing red carpets. Lol real men walk on water not rugs! >:D :-* :-* :whistle:
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3204 on: Jan 15, 2014, 09:02 PM »
          Haven't you found a tournament partner yet? :P

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3205 on: Jan 16, 2014, 05:55 PM »
It will take more smack talk than that to discourage this PA team from taking the coveted first prize back to PA.  ;D

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3206 on: Jan 16, 2014, 06:43 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)          Haven't you found a tournament partner yet? :P
I've been trying to play fair and give you guys a chance.  Finding a 1 armed tribesman midget from the desert has been difficult.....

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #3207 on: Jan 16, 2014, 06:51 PM »
I could use a partner! My wife was my partner last year, but since then she has switched to nights at the hospital.  My favorite fishing bud already has a partner and has been busy stirring the pot here...i guess i could enter my neighbors kid and drag her along, i will need someone to carry back the buckets of jumbos....
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3208 on: Jan 16, 2014, 07:38 PM »
Wow Boggey has been pretty quite. I'm planning on fishing the tourney by myself that way when I beat you all I can talk twice as much crap.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline dgiovagnoli

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3209 on: Jan 17, 2014, 10:10 AM »
I am heading up to a buddy's camp on south sandy pond for the long weekend.  What are the chances of getting out at all?  Planning on bringing a rod to hit the river if it is not safe.   Hopefully no flooding on the North side of pond on south road.  Is there anywhere around there to catch the Cuse game if the Steak house of Wigwam is not open yet?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.