New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392970 times)

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #2970 on: Dec 26, 2013, 08:36 PM »
So I was out fishing on Chaumont today when I see this little girl that couldn't have been much more then 12 years old pulling a shanty across the ice. She had one of those pull harnesses like dog sleds have. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. Then I notice this old guy on the back screaming out mush. I was about to call social services but I realized the guy sitting in the shanty was Boggey. When he noticed me he yelled out pretty smart for a 69 year old guy eh. So if anyone sees Boggey out on the pond in the near future I would steer clear of him because it's very apparent that he has taken in too much Christmas and now believes he is Santa and his grand daughter is Rudolph.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2971 on: Dec 26, 2013, 08:37 PM »
Jboogey, why can't I find the ice conditions page. Especially any area pages. I am a newbie and my father and I are at a loss for how to navigate this site. Thanks in advance for any help.
[/quote
Click on community scroll down to New York then click on ice conditions. Or you can use that new found technology called google  ::)

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #2972 on: Dec 26, 2013, 08:37 PM »
Jboogey, why can't I find the ice conditions page. Especially any area pages. I am a newbie and my father and I are at a loss for how to navigate this site. Thanks in advance for any help.

need 3 posts

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2973 on: Dec 26, 2013, 09:45 PM »
So I was out fishing on Chaumont today when I see this little girl that couldn't have been much more then 12 years old pulling a shanty across the ice. She had one of those pull harnesses like dog sleds have. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. Then I notice this old guy on the back screaming out mush. I was about to call social services but I realized the guy sitting in the shanty was Boggey. When he noticed me he yelled out pretty smart for a 69 year old guy eh. So if anyone sees Boggey out on the pond in the near future I would steer clear of him because it's very apparent that he has taken in too much Christmas and now believes he is Santa and his grand daughter is Rudolph.
:o   :o  :woot:

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2974 on: Dec 27, 2013, 04:22 AM »
boogy  you  keep  that little  girl  fishing !  lol  sounds  alot like a  wee  one i might  know

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2975 on: Dec 27, 2013, 06:20 AM »
Boggey don't forget to check her shoe size. I have those creepers collecting dust. Wait is it bad to say creepers when you're talking about an 8 year old. Any way check her shoe size so I can give her those things you put on your shoes to walk on ice.

Offline THPolaris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2976 on: Dec 27, 2013, 08:43 AM »
you guys are hilarious!  I have a camp on little sandy and cant wait to get up there. Hopefully Saturday.  Good luck to you all!

Offline Cmerefishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2977 on: Dec 27, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Hello all,
New to the site and excited to read every post, although I think thats gonna take a while. Found my lost love of ice fishing last year again after several years of raising little ones and working to pay for them instead of fishing. I finally have some time for me and them to go ice fishing. I am excited for this season to start. I mostly fish at Greenpoint and hope the ice gets thick soon. I just heard today 6-8 inches but hope to see more posts to confirm that before I make the trip. I wish all of you a safe and successful season. 

Offline southpondveh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2978 on: Dec 27, 2013, 03:15 PM »
Plan on going there tomorrow will let you know how thick it is and the fishing is.

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2979 on: Dec 27, 2013, 03:19 PM »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot:
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2980 on: Dec 27, 2013, 03:23 PM »
PRACTICE??  :cookoo: this is the dink perch capitol of the world!! They'll bite.. ;)

;D ;D ;D you guys are killin me so i'm just gonna keep quoting with emoticons  :clap: :clap: :icefish:
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2981 on: Dec 27, 2013, 03:41 PM »

;D ;D ;D you guys are killin me so i'm just gonna keep quoting with emoticons  :clap: :clap: :icefish:
Emoticon cage match!! :woot:

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #2982 on: Dec 27, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Nice to see all of the familiar "faces".  Looking forward to arriving at camp this weekend, hopefully conditions and time will permit pulling a few through the ice.  Hope all had a good hunting season. Now its time to add the surf to the turf. :)  When should I mark the calendar for the first derby? ???
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline csmolins0617

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2983 on: Dec 28, 2013, 07:42 AM »
How's the ice on the pond??  Anyone been out??

Offline csmolins0617

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2984 on: Dec 28, 2013, 07:42 AM »
Itchin to fish but want a safe trip.

Offline Cmerefishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2985 on: Dec 28, 2013, 08:35 AM »
Boggey
Thanks for the welcome. And the heads up on the must read.

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2986 on: Dec 28, 2013, 09:42 AM »
A moderate amount of folks out there this am, even a 4 wheeler and yesterday one lone sled (NOT endorsing motorized vehicles on the pond, In my amateur opinion, the ice is not ready), heard the bite is getting better, in places much better.  They are out on the north and south shores and a few off the east shore, no one by the beach, from here it appears as if the channel proper is still open, but my binocs aren't good enough to verify.

Offline gunner38

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2987 on: Dec 28, 2013, 03:55 PM »
bring on the cold looking for sandypond ice conditions

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2988 on: Dec 28, 2013, 04:42 PM »
Ice conditions...... very relaxing..... :D

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #2989 on: Dec 28, 2013, 04:43 PM »
Ice conditions...... very relaxing..... :D
(Image removed from quote.)
How did you do today Coach?

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2990 on: Dec 28, 2013, 05:22 PM »
You know i don't brag. :blink:

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2991 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:43 PM »
How did you do today Coach?
Did ok... got enough perch for a couple meals. ;D I didn't fish the pond either.... I was busy stalking your team tournament partner Boggey. :woot: just trying to get a little edge for the big dink perch festival Feb 1st on Sandy Pond! ;) Got to try out some new equipment and some homemade tip downs. The tip downs worked even better on the water than they did in the bathtub 

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2992 on: Dec 29, 2013, 10:57 AM »
Let me wade thru the smack talk to post a few pics...these are of the north pond, Christmas morning and all was indeed calm and bright.  Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Offline eddieb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2993 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:19 PM »
 ;DI fished green point this am there is 7inchs of white ice I didn't c black ice out there  the bite was slow but did bring home keepers  perch and 4 crappys  and 1 northen  28inch  besafe and have fun  parking is 5bucks there

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2994 on: Dec 29, 2013, 02:49 PM »
Glad you like them, Boggey, and, yes, all my lens (lens'?) are trained on the pond when able.  Here are a few more, this was yesterday's sunset, it was overcast all day, but late in the afternoon the sun showed up, albeit briefly.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2995 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:16 PM »
All right KP. That's not fair. You are trying to discourage other entrants so you can take second place. You do know Eddie and I still coaxed a few 13'ers out of the pond last year. You just got to know where to fish and I might add "HOW TO FISH" when the bite isn't phenomenal. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Keep in mind I am retired and can spend all day everyday searchin out the honey holes.  Eddie provides all the Hi Tech support as you can see from his previous posts. :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
I'm retired to  ;D , KP and i will do a little 6 stripe research  Feb.1, Eddy do you have buds on the pond like you do on Oneida  :woot: you might need them  ;D  KP and I have been offered a few bribes to throw in the towel , must have a few worried  :o

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #2996 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:22 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D love it. keep stirring the pot freddie ::) ;D ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2997 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:27 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D love it. keep stirring the pot freddie ::) ;D ;)
me ? ;)

Offline mad4redfield

• IceShanty Rookie
Sandy Pond Ice Condition
« Reply #2998 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:42 PM »
Can anyone tell me the ice condition at Sandy Pond?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: Sandy Pond Ice Condition
« Reply #2999 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:45 PM »
Two more replies and you'll have access to the reports and Conditions board where all ice info and lake info is posted.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.