New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392968 times)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #2820 on: Dec 16, 2013, 06:15 PM »
Hey now,
Looking for some info, we used to goto the wigwam but been a few years . I was told it became sandy pond steak house but is now closed. Any word on this?
I also heard the place we stayed, eddies place in pulaski is also closed.
Any other good places to eat/stay?

yes the randall house is good for eats plus the fast food chains , there is a motel in pulaski super 8 and some bed a breakfast ,, far as the pond I'm out of touch , may be Boogey can help

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2821 on: Dec 17, 2013, 05:59 AM »
We have had good breakfasts at that restaurant on 3 just south of the pond, I think it's called Brandy's or something like that. :)

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2822 on: Dec 17, 2013, 06:27 PM »
Was out today with Boggey. He will be posting conditions on the other page. I have to say, it was a tough day but had a blast talking to my buddy. Even pulling a sled threw 12" of snow 300 yards out was fun(it was like pulling a '57 Chevy up a gravel road.) anyways the bite sucked the coversations were great and boggeys 5 day old snacks kept my belly full. On a side note, old man Boggey learned a valuable lesson today. Don't open a frozen Pepsi after you have shaken the life out of it and heated it up over a flame. Yes I know most people age three and up know what happens but apparently Boggey went 129 years of his life and today was his first soda.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2823 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:05 PM »
Oh my god I think I just collapsed a lung laughing at that diatribe of lies weaved together by a genius obamacare speech writer. I honestly think the warren commission report has more accuracies in it then the above long winded gutt buster. I honestly believe the only truth to what I will now call pondgate is the fact that yoda was laying on his back claiming to have suffered a mild heart attack. I would like to say I rushed to his side and checked for a pulse but I was way too tired from watching him pull the sled up a 90 degree wall of snow.  I will say that Boggey forgot to mention that I laid my pail ontop of his sled that he pulling. I felt it was my god given duty to balance the weight so the sled would pull flatter across the frozen tundra. Before I part I must say hockey injuries are no laughing matter. Boggey you have won this round but I will strike down upon you with great vengeance and furious anger the next time you  attempt to poison and destroy Me. And you will know My name is cusefan when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline jiggincrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2824 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:15 PM »
Hey boggey,
Did you get my PM? My computer has been acting funny and was not sure if it was sent.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2825 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Hey guys, I am having a problem with my virus protection system. It is blocking me from going onto the private message board. Can someone ask ADK Roy to run a check on it? I can't PM him because of the impending virus.

I will ask the owner of IS for advice.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2826 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:28 PM »
Boggey, your inbox is full.  Can you empty it?

Offline teddyd1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ya you can find us where the Jiggins at
« Reply #2827 on: Dec 18, 2013, 04:10 AM »
Fished out of seber shores on Sunday in 9 foot of water ice is thin and bite is slow
Bustin balls and framin walls

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2828 on: Dec 18, 2013, 05:02 AM »
Boggey I feel like a Mack truck just ran me over.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2829 on: Dec 18, 2013, 06:06 AM »
Thanks ADK. I couldn't even access it till now as I was getting a virus warning every time I tried to check into my private messages. Whatever you did , it is now corrected. keep them PM's acoming. Now open for business again.

Funny thing is , I did not do anything.  It must have been your computer.

Offline trout sniffer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2830 on: Dec 18, 2013, 06:57 AM »
Yo,Snobdr

The Wig-Wam Is maintaining the parking lot. Carnsie has made arrangements to keep the parking lot plowed and the door slot and envelopes are the same as last year except the fee has gone up to 7 bucks. Additionally, Carnsie is going to make arrangements for lodging on a reservation basis for now and when the restaurant opens he will be back to normal.In a previous post I informed the IS community the entire pond will most likely be 7 bucks this year as Green Point has posted there new rates and as of Sunday .the Elms had not yet posted new rates nor plowed the parking area. Will check again this AM. To address the remainder of your question. Eddies is open and has lodging as well. although parking is limited.  Check your PM for more information.

Green point is 5 dollars went there monday

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #2831 on: Dec 18, 2013, 08:02 AM »
I get whats happening here...... Cusefan is trying to kill my partner ....... Poor sportsmanchip  >:( ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2832 on: Dec 18, 2013, 08:30 AM »
I get whats happening here...... Cusefan is trying to kill my partner ....... Poor sportsmanchip  >:( ;D

yea but he did it for a reasonable fee thanks Cusefan  ;D   

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2833 on: Dec 18, 2013, 09:12 AM »

Dd. I'm trying to turn Boggey into a man. You have to break the egg to make the omelet.

Boggey I think why I'm so soar is the fact you were sitting on the back of the sled while I was pulling. I noticed the sled was a lot lighter when I left while you were gasping for air after a "ten yard drag" (for a guy that played football you would think he would know what ten yards looks like)

I'm going to be out next week with Boggey again. If everyone wants to put a few bucks into a cup and leave it for me by the wigwam I can arrange a tonya Harding type accident for Boggey after he gets all the gear back to the parking lot.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #2834 on: Dec 18, 2013, 11:13 AM »
yea but he did it for a reasonable fee thanks Cusefan  ;D
Ill pay double for relase to take out the Smurfs  ::)

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2835 on: Dec 18, 2013, 12:32 PM »
What can I say. Ill do almost anything for a buck. Throw in a trophy and everyone better watch out. Remember I have a hockey injury

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2836 on: Dec 18, 2013, 04:07 PM »
Nope...Release won't do it....Gonna make them boys sweat it out...just like Team First Place!! Hey Eddie...Got another one!! :P
We already got our spot marked!!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #2837 on: Dec 18, 2013, 04:43 PM »
Ill pay double for relase to take out the Smurfs  ::)
you better start paying somebody soon :P :P ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #2838 on: Dec 19, 2013, 04:30 AM »
I am going to try and enter. Got my orders, leave 9 feb...So this little tourney will be my last for the year!
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2839 on: Dec 19, 2013, 05:51 AM »
this  old  buzzard  wants  to  fish  with ole  boogy  this  year  !!!!  got  to  catch  Freddie  on the  ice too although I'm  sure   together  they  will never  take  us  alive!!!!   hey  RG  should  have  a  spot  out  west  for  us  to  set a  bucket  too  !  I'm on a  roll  this  year  between  flyrod bowhunting  and  trapping  and I  want  to  slide  it in on the  ice  too !!!! 

Offline GreenOtter39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2840 on: Dec 19, 2013, 08:56 AM »
Hello,

I'm wondering where I can get the details to this tournament.  Do I need to belong to a certain team or make my own?  Any help thanks.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2841 on: Dec 19, 2013, 09:56 AM »
You guys all know that after promoting this Sandy Pond Team Tournament with all the hoopla, digs, slights, derisive humor , I am going back to being my normal, humble, nice old guy image.  :angel :angel :angel :angel :angel :angel :angel

Where is the poster and rules?  I'm thinking I might want to put a Black Lake team together, come down there for a few hours and take some of your guys money back to the North Country -  :P

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2842 on: Dec 19, 2013, 09:57 AM »
JK guys.  ;D

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #2843 on: Dec 19, 2013, 11:37 AM »
JK guys.  ;D
Bring it on North Country, Jimmy and I dont descrimimate on where the $ comes from  ;D

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2844 on: Dec 19, 2013, 12:17 PM »
Phil has asked scott and I to team up with him...

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2845 on: Dec 19, 2013, 01:13 PM »
Phil has asked scott and I to team up with him...

:woot:  You are going to scare these guys into submission before the tourney even starts.  ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2846 on: Dec 20, 2013, 06:09 AM »

with all the new shows , they are now missing ice shanty wars ,  ;) and phil bring it on we can use a few more bucks

boogey I have a question if I have another voice in my head , can I enter as a team  :woot:  release wanted to know 

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2847 on: Dec 20, 2013, 09:47 AM »
We had a request from Boggey for some pics of the pond, and, well, who can ignore a request from Boggey?  Here you go, hope I successfully remember how to post pics.

Before the snow (we lost that ice, BTW):

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff360/sandyponder/007-15.jpg

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff360/sandyponder/005-18.jpg

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2848 on: Dec 20, 2013, 09:50 AM »
OK, maybe it's time to actually read (reread) the instructions.

One more time, these are before the storm(s), we lost that ice.

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2849 on: Dec 20, 2013, 09:53 AM »
OK, how about a few snow geese pics, I know they aren't fish, but they eat fish, so they should sort of count....And once we have good ice, which we do not have now, we'll post some actual fishing pics.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.