New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392961 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #2520 on: Feb 16, 2013, 08:48 PM »

ALL HAIL THE NEW KINGS OF THE POND ..... Me and Jimmy , Team 1st place  :thumbsup:

Well the day started off rough , My auger guard failed yet again , 8 inch Nils , easily the worst guard on any auger ever . Slipped off and cut the rubber band that holds it on .... and my transducer cable to my Vex  :'( .... So now I'm facing a whole day fishing old school  >:( Actually I kind of enjoyed it to be honest ... not a habit I want to keep but it forced me to pay attention all the time , not just when I had a mark . And I did not get as discouraged when I saw no marks .

Like all great champions thru time , I overcame adversity and prevailed  ;D ..... With a bit of help from Boggy  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: ;)2 after I felt I had a comfortable lead I called Lance to see how he was doing ..... He was stuck on 1  ::) ::) In the interest of sportsmanship I invited him and Carrie over , He spread the word to HT and Coach and we had ourselves a nice little group ! After we enjoyed a really nice victory dinner and drinks at SPSH , I had the Broiled Seafood Platter on Lance's recommendation , and it lived up to the hype ! Best piece of Haddock anywhere  ;)

Congratulations to you guys....  That is awesome......... :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2521 on: Feb 16, 2013, 10:09 PM »
Nice meeting a few of the ice shanty members out there during the derby. I had a terrible day, a plethora of issues plagues me from my jig rods, tip ups , to my shanty and a very very disagreeable team partner ( the wife). All in all i was glad i parked a good 20 minute walk to nearest toilet, that gave me 40 minutes or so of peace and quite, i love my wife, but i do not think she is an ice fisher that is positive. Still had a good time, awesome door prizes, and thanks to all the sponsors. Probably head out tomorrow on my own, just my auger, pail, and some lines. Thanks everyone who hosted the event and to all the participants! Congrats to everyone that won and are still cleaning fish!

Wow... I feel kinda bad for ya dude. My wife loves to fish on the ice with me. It's our "personal time" together away from the rest of the world.....including our children. ;D As a matter of fact, she made a comment to me (around a couple friends) on the ice this morning........regardi ng a comment I made and she "isn't on the ice to be a mans B!!tch, If someone wants to hear a woman gripe, then go home and listen to it" She was one of the dudes today......One thing I love about that woman. :bow: :bow: :wacko: :wacko:

Offline eddieb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2522 on: Feb 17, 2013, 04:00 AM »
good job boggy and dd will we all better sharpened our hooks for the cristyreed derby next week  ;D

Offline Clint S

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2523 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:35 AM »
Boggy, I soak them in warm water for a bit.   I know what you mean I have trouble with the frozen ones, especially the smaller ones.  I wasted a few last night.   I too feel like I ran a marathon yesterday and I really did not move around alot, the first holes I drilled produced  off and on produced pretty much all day.

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #2524 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:41 AM »
Boggey the ones I get the backbone is so big the knife won't cut through it lol congratulations to you and DD hope to see ya soon if not definitely next year
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #2525 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:51 AM »
Wow... I feel kinda bad for ya dude. My wife loves to fish on the ice with me. It's our "personal time" together away from the rest of the world.....including our children. ;D As a matter of fact, she made a comment to me (around a couple friends) on the ice this morning........regardi ng a comment I made and she "isn't on the ice to be a mans B!!tch, If someone wants to hear a woman gripe, then go home and listen to it" She was one of the dudes today......One thing I love about that woman. :bow: :bow: :wacko: :wacko:

Dont get me wrong, she did not complain once! But she did inform me that she would rather be baking or something, LOL. I am proud that she was my partner, just sorry i couldt put her on the fish like i did my friend friday, oh well! Taking my daughter out today, she will bring her ice skates, and hopefully i will fill my pail! Your wife did seem to be gunho, you guys looked cute it matching fishing bibs!
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline Seacat145

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NRA Life Mem- It's only cold if you peak outside!
« Reply #2526 on: Feb 17, 2013, 10:15 AM »
Congratulations Boggey and Drowning Dots. I wish that I could have made the trip up. Jim, drop me a line when you can.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #2527 on: Feb 17, 2013, 10:33 AM »
We missed you bud. I really missed taking that prize money from you HAHA.  The bite wasn't as good as past years, but with Eddy's help we managed to pull some decent perch out of the pond. It is getting tougher to stave you PA guys off but I can always bring in a ringer like Eddy to help me so watch out for next year..
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You are far too modest , were it not for you're efforts scouting none of it would have been possible .... Lisa is making Italian Wedding soup Is Rita working tonight ?

Offline eddieb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2528 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:34 PM »
wow it was cold out there but the fish was biteing to i did 28 nice one from 6 to 10 incher  ;D

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #2529 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:41 PM »

Congrats on 1st place Ed and Boggey.   :thumbsup:

You guys been cashing in on any of those crappies they been piling up over there for the last week?  ;)
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #2530 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:42 PM »
The result on Team Perch Ice Fishing Derby
1 st JBoggey1 and drowndin dots 8.03 lbs 20 perch
2nd Frank Wells and Mark Miller Pa   7.53 lbs 20 perch
3rd Big Buck326 and Vincent Sabatini Pa 5.81 lbs 20 perch
Lunker Adam Chorba Pa . 1.00 lbs

We want to say Many Many Thanks to Jboggey1 have been many hourless to sponsor to collected many stuffs Everybody really enjoyed and fun Next Year we will do it again on Feb. 1 2014..   WE and Guys will follow JBoggey1 s Butt to his Honey Holes to crowd his spot..   ;) :roflmao:

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #2531 on: Feb 17, 2013, 04:00 PM »
once again congrates to DD and jim for the win and thanks to all of the PA guys who made this thing happen ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2532 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Dont get me wrong, she did not complain once! But she did inform me that she would rather be baking or something, LOL. I am proud that she was my partner, just sorry i couldt put her on the fish like i did my friend friday, oh well! Taking my daughter out today, she will bring her ice skates, and hopefully i will fill my pail! Your wife did seem to be gunho, you guys looked cute it matching fishing bibs!

Just to make the story straight.....she wears red and I wear green. :woot: :unsure: :unsure:

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2533 on: Feb 17, 2013, 07:49 PM »
Well congrats in the tourney guys.  Braved the cold today. Man talk about a piercing wind burr. Ened up haveing to ice pic my tip ups outta there holes. Not fun. But on a good not got in to the biggest perch ive gotten all season and to top it off the gf got hooked up with a monster pike it was a 36 incher cought on her pink ice rod. Man was she pumped. Ill never hear the end of it i swear. I cought a dink pike on the tip up. Pike were slow and the perch were on and off like they have been all seawon. I mesured anywhere from 7-10 in of clear black ice. Some spots had an inch of crap ice from all the snow melting and freezeing. I will say this she was makeing ice today on gp. We were sitting in the shanty and the ice made a pop and all of a sudden i felt my self move in my chair. I was pretty freaked out. Nvr had the happen. Opend the door to make sure the ice didnt break off and i was floating away lol.

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2534 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:03 PM »
Oh one more thing who ever is leaveing there beer cans behind pick ur junk up. I took 3 cans and an empty propane tank back with that wernt mine. Oh hey did anyone else see the list of ppl who owe gp for parking fees. I even seen a coupple plates on there that said if u even think about parking here u will b towed. Pretty soon we will lose that access too come on ppl >:(

Offline PerchProCole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2535 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:09 PM »
hopefully you can see these pics,caught this beauty today it was an awesome fight took almost a half hour.Also caught 33 keeper perch all between 7 and 11 inches today was a great day on the pond,very cold and windy though and also very few people surprisingly.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/Themes/IceShanty2011/images/bbc/img.gif
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/Themes/IceShanty2011/images/bbc/img.gif

Offline PerchProCole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2536 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:16 PM »
Can anyone please explain to me how to put a picture on here from my email?

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2537 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:40 PM »
My 13 yr old daughter and i went out, brought the blood hound to tow the gear. It was nice about 12:30 one o'clock. We were fine unti i set up the shanty and the wind caught it with me inside! The hound was hooked up to her harness to the gear sled, my daughter had her hand in the loop of the leash , in between the hound and the sled. About 50 yards later i managed to work my gerber out and jam it into the ice as i was on my belly in the shanty, as I dug the gerber into the ice with ice chips flying in my face, i happened to see my blood hould hauling butt to "save" daddy, of course she was towing my daughter, and the jet sled. Needless to say, that was painfully funny! Once we got set up the weather changed and got cold. My daughter brought her skates, but decided to stay in the shanty. I put one trap out, my feet and a cloudy sky were the last thing i saw after setting it up, thought i might have broke my wrist. Anyway, get jigging in the shanty, pull up a nice fat perch, the daughter says "I think i have something". So she sets the hook on a 28 inch pike. I took over and got it in with my 24 inch jig rod, with no steel leader. Got another nice perch. After that nothing. Folded everthing up at 5 and got out of there.
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2538 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:59 PM »
My 13 yr old daughter and i went out, brought the blood hound to tow the gear. It was nice about 12:30 one o'clock. We were fine unti i set up the shanty and the wind caught it with me inside! The hound was hooked up to her harness to the gear sled, my daughter had her hand in the loop of the leash , in between the hound and the sled. About 50 yards later i managed to work my gerber out and jam it into the ice as i was on my belly in the shanty, as I dug the gerber into the ice with ice chips flying in my face, i happened to see my blood hould hauling butt to "save"daddy, of course she was towing my daughter, and the jet sled. Needless to say, that was painfully funny! Once we got set up the weather changed and got cold. My daughter brought her skates, but decided to stay in the shanty. I put one trap out, my feet and a cloudy sky were  the last thing i saw after setting it up, thought i might have broke my wrist. Anyway, get jigging in the shanty, pull up a nice fat perch, the daughter says "I think i have something". So she sets the hook on a 28 inch pike. I took over and got it in with my 24 inch jig rod, with no steel leader. Got another nice perch. After that nothing. Folded everthing up at 5 and got out of there.
man that musta hurt. The cold was a real killer today thats for sure. We did c another guy pop his shanty up then go to tie it off to his wheeler and it musta sliped outta his had nxt thing ik he is chaseing his shanty . I lsughed do hard it hurt

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2539 on: Feb 17, 2013, 10:09 PM »
That was the plan of the day until my daughter wanted to ice skate. It would have been rough out there on a pail today, i have logged a few hours on a pail in sub zeros, but the combination out there today with that glare ice, no snow, eight inch hand auger, and non stop and i mean non stop north wind, 2 maybe 3 hours tops.... Maybe if you had studs on the bottom of your pail, and a long tail on your outer coat, you may have been able to sit over a hole, and been able to chip out a spot for your line. Needless to say, the pond was making wicked ice. I bet it is going to push it close to a foot by tomorrow.

Forgot to add I got those two pig perch with the brand new walleye rod and reel combo i won from the sandy pond steak house perch derby saturday!

Offline eddieb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2540 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:46 AM »
tommyboy i see that my buddy eddy look the win has that shanty with that little girl hold on tha dog it was windy out there  ;D

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #2541 on: Feb 18, 2013, 10:22 AM »
Hi Guys,

It's been years since I've been to the pond.  So long in fact the last time I was there I was able to park along Renshaw Bay Rd and walk down to the water.  I hear that I have to park on the the other side now on Green Point.  Anyway, I'm on vacation all week with my kids and I wanted to share with them some of the good pike fishing I used to have out there.  How has the pike bite been in Renshaw Bay lately?  Would I be able to keep them occupied with a dozen tip-ups?

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2542 on: Feb 18, 2013, 12:32 PM »
Tommy and Josh, Now you guys know why I sit on a pail eh?
It woulda been a brutal in that wind and cold. Plus ita been fun tring to keep the hole from freezeing dnt get me wrong i dnt mind sittin on a bucket. Ive done it in some bad weather . But not yesterday.  I did wanna get on a bucket for those nice days but man it every time ive been out its been crappy

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2543 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:33 PM »
Seriously..... 8 lbs..... Man it must be a rough year...  :P

Offline wert

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2544 on: Feb 18, 2013, 05:06 PM »
renshaw bay has only beaver runs for water. been like that for along time. low lake level the reason!!!!

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2545 on: Feb 18, 2013, 05:56 PM »
Just got back from the pond, fished off the steak house. Just took the 4wheeler and my sled. Not a ton of people out. It was a beautiful day out, nice sun shine, no wind, caught 13 nice perch, all in all i had a great day out there! ;D

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #2546 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:06 PM »
My boy and I fished the pond sunday....seems as though that pond gets worse every year. Used to be able to take the family out for the day and bring home 15-20 really nice perch. We didn't fish it at all last year, only been there once this year and will probably be the last time for awhile.  I don't need big numbers, would like to see a few larger perch now and then!! The wind wasn't too bad sunday...just COLD!! Titelines to all!--KP @)

Congrats to DD and boggey on your derby win!!  :thumbsup: :bow: WTG BOYS!!
Thanks Hommie ! Hit the ice a little further north my friend  ;) ;) ;)

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2547 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:17 PM »
I did well on the pond this year early on before the first melt. Its been tough though... early morning seems to yield the pigs... last year was real good me there. Missed the tourney prize last year by .5Oz.

Offline PerchProCole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2548 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:19 PM »
Well seeing how i cant post pics i will tell you about it,went out sunday and did really good on the perch caught 33 perch all between 7-11 inches then to top it of i hooked a 22" rainbow faught with that for almost a 1/2 hour,first one i ever caught and let me tell you it was a blast,thought for sure a couple time it was gonna strip my spool clean ;D ;D really wish i could show you but i just cant figure it out

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #2549 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:44 PM »
North?...on the pond?..or, further north...like, in another county? ;D We fished all over that pond. hit all 12 waypoints I have stored from previous outings. We were on that spot, you mentioned when you texted me!! Funny how I already knew that spot ;)!! ;D
Same county , different bay  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.