New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392964 times)

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #2250 on: Jan 26, 2013, 03:50 PM »
has anyone been out on south pond? or seen anyone out there?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline PAcatchreleaseman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *happiness is 2 flags at once!*
« Reply #2251 on: Jan 26, 2013, 04:04 PM »
south pond is deep and s l o w to freeze over.  be extremely careful if u venture out there.
"You Gotta GET-HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMM!!!!!"

Offline NYeagle22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2252 on: Jan 26, 2013, 04:47 PM »
Fished in front of steakhouse caught 14 keepers around 9 to 11 inches and a bunch of dinks about 16 of them had about 4 inches of ice about 100 yds out . Going back in am wasn't to bad of dAy  . Perch where hitting white and red glow in dark jig setup

Offline motormadman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2253 on: Jan 26, 2013, 05:25 PM »
All this slow fishing could just be the high pressure. Hang in there. The pond will come into it.

Offline brandybrook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2254 on: Jan 26, 2013, 05:54 PM »
going to gp tomorrow bringing the wife & kids not looking for buckets just wanna keep everybody busy... any advise?

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2255 on: Jan 26, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Find deep points in the pond. There are a few and you will be on them. I sware by pimples and the heads of fat heads. I would get a tapo map. That'll help you find them.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2256 on: Jan 26, 2013, 06:57 PM »
brandy  follow  the  crowd 

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2257 on: Jan 26, 2013, 07:31 PM »
south pond is deep and s l o w to freeze over.  be extremely careful if u venture out there.

thanks
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline motormadman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2258 on: Jan 26, 2013, 07:45 PM »
I swear by pimples myself!

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #2259 on: Jan 26, 2013, 09:38 PM »
Pimples? You got me on that one.  What are you calling a pimple.  Does the shop in Sandy Creek have mousies?  I was reading there may be an issue with getting them this year. 
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline motormadman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2260 on: Jan 26, 2013, 10:06 PM »
Swedish Pimples. Thats all I use. #2. I havent been to the bait store in sandy creek yet this year. I will be going in the morning before I go to Green Point. I will check on the mousies. I personally like rosie reds

Offline crappyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • no, it's not spelled wrong, I'm just not any good
« Reply #2261 on: Jan 27, 2013, 04:49 AM »
just make sure you check ice depths as you go, no need to swim with the fishes !

Offline REELGREEN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2262 on: Jan 27, 2013, 05:12 AM »
Went to green point with the boy yesterday caught 28 good fish 2@ 13'' A few @ 12'' The rest over 10'' . Had a few stink logs break us off . Worked real hard for what we kept . I think we did better than most  ;). Go early to beat the mob !

Offline REELGREEN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2263 on: Jan 27, 2013, 08:14 AM »
Reel Greens testimony is proof, with a little patience you can still lure them up through the ice. I never gave much credence to the low pressure/high pressure or high pressure descending theory, but something does happen. As I do not possess a VEX or Marcum, as most of you know I am pretty old school. I do however fish with friends who do have them. I have set over some swarming schools of perch, thick as flies, and couldn't get  a nibble. You might get them to rise, to look, but not to bite. I will leave the reasons to you and others. This year, of the three times I went out on the pond , I fared well the first time out and ran into two of those no bite days. With that I like those odds and the knowledge they are still down there, I will again make the trek out there this afternoon and see if I can't get to the honey hole today. Late start, but hope to see you there and Kudo's Reelgreen for getting your son out and away from the gameboys, tv and reality shows. Kudo's for you are creating his and your reality, together. God Bless.
Thank you JBoggy1 I my self dont use any electronics . Several tactics went into play to figure them out .  My boy Tyler and I are Ice fishing addicts Ive been fishing the pond for 40 plus years ! Thanks again and have a good bite  :)

Offline augie583

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2264 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:06 AM »
Thanks for all reports. Jogged..taking my daughter out today, she loves the pond no matter what the bite. Always a good time. Will post any results

Offline NyPaHunter789

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2265 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:44 AM »
How much ice is on the pond.  Thinking on making drive up next weekend

Offline kingFisher65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2266 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:07 AM »
hello, I've just joined Ice Shanty and need to get 3 posts in order to view the conditions page so this is my first of 3

Offline kingFisher65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2267 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:13 AM »
 fished green point yesterday for 6 hrs . caught 100 dinks and kept only about 10- 9inchers the big ones were scarce .

Offline tigerwoodsmuskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2268 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:18 AM »
28 over 10" , a few 12" , 2 -13" . Been fishing the Pond for years, I need a new tape measure. Just talked to my buddy who is on the ice just north of the elms, he said 5" of black ice all around them.

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2269 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:20 AM »
sounds as though you had a good day out tigerwoodsmuskie  :clap:

Offline kingFisher65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2270 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:27 AM »
The ice at green point was a good 6 inches yesterday their was even a couple 4 wheelers running all over .All though we will have to see what the couple warm days does to the ice this week,hopefully we wont loose it again. Going to Lake of the isles tomorrow - WOLF ISLAND I think its called, heard some good reports up there . Ill let u know how we do  :)

Offline augie583

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2271 on: Jan 27, 2013, 01:43 PM »
Kingfisher. Ice is good up in the isles. Was up twice this week and 75 jack perch first trip, 70 second. Good luck. Nothing but dinks and lousy ice on sandy.

Offline eddieb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2272 on: Jan 27, 2013, 02:10 PM »
where is that at

Offline A-TOM-MIK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasing perch the last 27 years
« Reply #2273 on: Jan 27, 2013, 04:13 PM »
FYI
Just talked to Mark from Caty Jigs, he spent a few days in upstate but is back home now and doing good, he is on his way to recovery

Not 100% but is on his way

He wanted to thank those for the prayers

Tom

I aint' got a lot but I think I got it made !!! In the shade...........
- Hank Williams Jr.

Lovin' Life !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71EfNNRg_s
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174207024#!/profile.php?id=1174207024

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2274 on: Jan 27, 2013, 04:56 PM »
thats  a  great  report  a tom ic

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #2275 on: Jan 27, 2013, 06:00 PM »
well boggey how ya make out today   :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:hows the ice
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline hardwaterandbowfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • got ice?
« Reply #2276 on: Jan 27, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Fished sandy pond all day had a good 8 inches of ice on the crack we were fishing on but eather side was thin some spots down to 2 inchs came home with 28 perch all nice keeper caught probly another 40 dinks all in all a great day on the pond and will make a great diner tomarow  ;)
If your idea of fun is sitting on 24 inches of ice waiting for dinner to swim by you might be a ice Fisher man

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #2277 on: Jan 28, 2013, 04:48 AM »
yes what a great day caught fish had fun what more could you ask for
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #2278 on: Jan 28, 2013, 08:33 AM »
I had to drag my 14 year old out there, it was like pulling teeth! Fished off of elms had a few tip ups out and did some jigging in the shanty caught a few lost a few, couldnt beat the weather 75 degrees in the shanty!
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #2279 on: Jan 28, 2013, 08:47 AM »
Don't know where to begin. I got home about 5:30 from the pond and GP . Fished the whole day. It was a beautiful day wasn't it everyone? It was made much more precious to me because I was joined by my grandsons who didn't have a wrestling tournament a basketball game, a girl friend or any other diversion more important than their GrandPa. Can't tell you how fast they grow. They are becoming young men, 10 and 13 years old respectively. A far cry from the boys I first brought out on the ice 5 years ago. Some difference as they are now more independent thinking , less likely to laugh at poppy's same old corny jokes. It's hard to come up with new age appropriate comedic shtick, but I keep trying. I guess i will just have to resolve it was not the corny jokes, wasn't the breakfast at McDonalds the lunch at the Steakhouse  or the multitude of fish we didn't catch. Maybe, just maybe, they might enjoy spending time with their Poppy as much as I enjoyed being with them. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I'll take every precious moment as it comes, when it comes. Did I tell you it was a great day.
Jim, they don't get any better than that!!! :thumbsup: :icefish:
Wayne W.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.