New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392976 times)

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #2220 on: Jan 25, 2013, 03:46 PM »
how much ice is at green point and at the wigwam please respond asap or tell me where i can find this out

Call the marina would be my bet....

Offline REELGREEN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2221 on: Jan 25, 2013, 03:56 PM »
how much ice is at green point and at the wigwam please respond asap or tell me where i can find this out
I went today  At green point there was a  average of 6 inches,  Walked 3/4 of the way acrost bite was slow ! Kept 9 good size perch and a rock bass  Several throw backs ,  The pond is still variable use caution !

Offline wilson82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2222 on: Jan 25, 2013, 04:36 PM »
Any thoughts on if the bite will good tomorrow

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #2223 on: Jan 25, 2013, 04:45 PM »

Not sure but theres a low pressure that supposed to come through so that might make them active if the pressure still is not too high.... it looks like there is going to be some snow as well so that might limit the action although I've had my best days when it was snowing and its a waxing gibbous so that will probably have an influence on the bite as well... my opinion is go out there and find out

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2224 on: Jan 25, 2013, 04:48 PM »

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2225 on: Jan 25, 2013, 05:10 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
:roflmao: :clap:
When I read that I thought of Carson doing Carnac!

Came up with tons of stuff he'd have said with the envelope on his head.

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2226 on: Jan 25, 2013, 05:16 PM »
....mmmmhhhhmmmm..... :nono: boys wouldnt want any competition  ;)
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2227 on: Jan 25, 2013, 05:55 PM »
I won't take up your time on finite Ice conditions. I posted to days travails on the ice conditions page for Sandy Pond. I will tell you it was a low bite day, did I say a low bite day? I meant a no bite day. Honestly, 4 hours of drilling holes and talkin smack with my new friend Roy. Hey! all was not lost, I made a new friend and while it was cold it was never the less a beautiful day playing hooky from work. I'm not sure about that old addage (A bad day fishing sure beats.................)
:icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Better you are there and know they are not biting then home wondering about it...

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2228 on: Jan 25, 2013, 05:59 PM »
Better you are there and know they are not biting then home wondering about it...

absolutely! :clap:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #2229 on: Jan 25, 2013, 06:46 PM »
So i need someone to meet up with here in mexico or somewhere in order to fish with other humans.....i have never been out to sandy pond, so i have no clue where to access it from, and i really hate fishing with my imaginary fishing buddy(he catches all the big ones). Would really like to hang out with a fellow ice fisherman from this area!
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2230 on: Jan 25, 2013, 06:52 PM »
So i need someone to meet up with here in mexico or somewhere in order to fish with other humans.....i have never been out to sandy pond, so i have no clue where to access it from, and i really hate fishing with my imaginary fishing buddy(he catches all the big ones). Would really like to hang out with a fellow ice fisherman from this area!
Oh boy, i need to learn to behave......other humans?

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2231 on: Jan 25, 2013, 06:56 PM »
Yeah i guess it's supposed to be normal to hang out with other beings of your own species??? I usually lone wolf mcquade it, but since i am relatively new to the area thought i might make a fishing buddy or two.
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2232 on: Jan 25, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Where do you get bait for sandy pond?

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2233 on: Jan 25, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Woody's in Port Ontario might be a good choice.

Offline hardwaterandbowfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • got ice?
« Reply #2234 on: Jan 25, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Hey Tommyboy I'll fish with u I'm out almost every day and income from Fulton so I go threw Mexico anyways
If your idea of fun is sitting on 24 inches of ice waiting for dinner to swim by you might be a ice Fisher man

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #2235 on: Jan 25, 2013, 09:07 PM »
I saw earlier that Jboggey1 mentioned having to make a certain amount of posts in order to see the conditions page, does anyone no more about this. I would like to see the conditions  without having to bug all of you. I have a 2 hr drive to get to the pond and would like to know whether or not to bring my equipment with me.  Thanks for the help
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2236 on: Jan 25, 2013, 09:28 PM »
I saw earlier that Jboggey1 mentioned having to make a certain amount of posts in order to see the conditions page, does anyone no more about this. I would like to see the conditions  without having to bug all of you. I have a 2 hr drive to get to the pond and would like to know whether or not to bring my equipment with me.  Thanks for the help

Yeah you need to keep posting, just rattle off a few back to back till you can see the condition reports. Thnk you need 4 or five.

Honestly I have talked to a few people that have been up there since the refreeze and I can tell you that I'm going to find ice elsewhere tomorrow. I trust Boggey and a few of the other guys. If you head up there becareful and spud your way out. Stay dry!
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #2237 on: Jan 25, 2013, 09:34 PM »
Thanks Cuse, where will I see the report?  Is it back on the main page or here o the Sandy Pond thread?  Go SU, another win tomorrow over Villanova would be nice!
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2238 on: Jan 25, 2013, 09:38 PM »
Thanks Cuse, where will I see the report?  Is it back on the main page or here o the Sandy Pond thread?  Go SU, another win tomorrow over Villanova would be nice!

Click on "New York" in Blue just below the last Post on the page and then select "Reports & Condition" option rather than the "Ice Fishing New York" which we are on now. I'm a little challenged on this stuff too so hopefully I explained it well enough".

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #2239 on: Jan 25, 2013, 10:02 PM »
Perfect Cuse, I backed up a little and "Voila", I found the post that Jbog was talking about that he put up earlier. Thanks alot, greatly appreciated.  I just found this site at the end of last year and couldn't wait to get back this winter. Nice to be part of a group that enjoys some of the craziness that others just don't get. ;D   Can't wait to get out on the 2nd for the 2 man and so my girls can get in the kids tourney as well.  They are driving me nuts to get out on the ice.  We haven't been up to camp since New Years.

Offline thegoodoldboy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Life's too short to complain...
« Reply #2240 on: Jan 26, 2013, 06:27 AM »
Yeah you need to keep posting, just rattle off a few back to back till you can see the condition reports. Thnk you need 4 or five.

Honestly I have talked to a few people that have been up there since the refreeze and I can tell you that I'm going to find ice elsewhere tomorrow. I trust Boggey and a few of the other guys. If you head up there becareful and spud your way out. Stay dry!

I get it now. I was curious why I couldn't get into the reports. Dont mind my next few posts...  Need to hit my quota...

Offline thegoodoldboy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Life's too short to complain...
« Reply #2241 on: Jan 26, 2013, 06:29 AM »
Click on "New York" in Blue just below the last Post on the page and then select "Reports & Condition" option rather than the "Ice Fishing New York" which we are on now. I'm a little challenged on this stuff too so hopefully I explained it well enough".

Huge help than!

Offline NYeagle22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2242 on: Jan 26, 2013, 06:43 AM »
Off to the pond then home for SU game  going to be good day I hope

Offline IceSpudStud

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hard Water is better than Hard Wood!!
« Reply #2243 on: Jan 26, 2013, 10:53 AM »
Hey BlueTickChick gotta say its good 2 see not all ladies think us guys are nuts 4 sittin on tha ice all day with our poles in a cold wet hole! ;D wish I could convince my wife 2 come fishing wit me!!  :'(  U are a rare breed!

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2244 on: Jan 26, 2013, 02:44 PM »
Hey BlueTickChick gotta say its good 2 see not all ladies think us guys are nuts 4 sittin on tha ice all day with our poles in a cold wet hole! ;D wish I could convince my wife 2 come fishing wit me!!  :'(  U are a rare breed!

laughing about the above comment cause i read it wrong at first. lol nope right out there with ya guys. love it!  i would be out there just about everyday if i could. the rest of the year spent with spinning rod, fly rod, bow, rifle, or muzzleloader in hand. or chasing down coyotes or coon with the hounds. beats going to the mall or getting my hair or nails done...  :sick:

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #2245 on: Jan 26, 2013, 02:49 PM »
my friend texted me he looked around the pond and surprised too few shanties  guy told him 8 inches ice and 2  snowmobiles

Offline lovetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2246 on: Jan 26, 2013, 03:01 PM »
Fished off the Elms for 4 hours today..  Two guys and 5 keepers ..  Maybe a total of 20 dinks.    Moved around ...    Not liking the fishing at the Pond today.  Anyone else do  better?  In the past I would get a lot of dinks and a few keepers to keep you there.    Don't know?????   Do I dare say MIGRATION was low????  I don't know?   Anyone have any luck?  I love the Pond and have fished there for years.  I'm not a Hater.. But it makes me wonder...   Not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.  But not some good reports

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
elms
« Reply #2247 on: Jan 26, 2013, 03:08 PM »
fished the elms probably 4 times this year didnt amount to much tried everything ... didnt see many on the camera either. but thats me. think i brought home one 12" and like four 11" and thats about it from there. fished four days and went to gp and started catching fish. was it something i was doing wrong? maybe. was i not set up in the right spot? maybe. did i see anyone else catching much when i was there? nope. so idk. i personally will go to gp before i go to the elms again this year. and with big bay ready probably will fish some down there. glad to see you arent ready to give up on it yet.

Offline eddieb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2248 on: Jan 26, 2013, 03:28 PM »
went to the elms this morning whent way out did nothing dinks
went over to gp did ok some perch and northerns whats up with the pond  low water mmmm :-\

Offline motormadman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2249 on: Jan 26, 2013, 03:37 PM »
I drove around blind creek and toward the elms to green point today to see how many people were out and it looks like green point is the place to be right now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.