New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392968 times)

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #2040 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:37 PM »
Nice looks like you had a good time HT! That one gill is a beauty!
Hey Cheif ----i like your new location ::) ::) ??? really  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D as for you P.E.T.A  People out there. those fish in the last picture i posted have already been cleaned/ breaded /cooked and eaten ;) ;) ;D ;D need some more now ;D ;D ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2041 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Hey Cheif ----i like your new location ::) ::) ??? really  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D as for you P.E.T.A  People out there. those fish in the last picture i posted have already been cleaned/ breaded /cooked and eaten ;) ;) ;D ;D need some more now ;D ;D ;D
A guy your size can just filet the leftover fatheads in the bait bucket & you'll be all set. 

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #2042 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Stay tuned for the next exciting episode where those fish are transformed into food bi-products! :woot:
Wayne W.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2043 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:40 PM »

Im fishing again in the morning. Get ahold of me if your not working
It'll eat.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2044 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:47 PM »

Im fishing again in the morning. Get ahold of me if your not working
Considering the bridge is under construction, it could be hard for him to find ya.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2045 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:51 PM »
Yeah your probably right :cookoo:
It'll eat.

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2046 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:53 PM »
No fish in the pond this year, your wasting your time and money.
they are there i can promise you that i fished every day from may 24 till august 24th then every weekend after and let me say the Walleye action was world class this year

but yes there is no fish in the pond.... just give it time and try new things and new area sandy pond is big and if you can gain legal access to the south pond do it! im not greedy ill tell ya the south pond is the place to be

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2047 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:55 PM »
me and my son Tyler fished GP this morning also. i did my best to stay away from the crowd. fishing was slow over all but all we were looking for was a decent meal. 4-5" of decent ice with some slush pockets ;)
of course had to catch a stink log ::) ::) ::) ::)
(Image removed from quote.)
DINNER ;)
Did you leave out deoderant again HT? Way to go Tyler, at least we know somebody can catch fish!!!!!!!!!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #2048 on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:01 PM »
they are there i can promise you that i fished every day from may 24 till august 24th then every weekend after and let me say the Walleye action was world class this year (Image removed from quote.)
but yes there is no fish in the pond.... just give it time and try new things and new area sandy pond is big and if you can gain legal access to the south pond do it! im not greedy ill tell ya the south pond is the place to be
yes sir you sure now where to get the eyes on the ponds  ;D nice looking eyes obrian
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2049 on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:12 PM »
I learned from the best im 22 and started fishing open and hard water when i was 4 always had my best luck on the south its my home turf living on waffle tract. Grandfather showed me everything i know but doesnt fish much anymore but when im stumped and not catching much he always has the answers its kinda creepy but he told me tonight on the phone wait till the first week in February then they will turn on the pond was a real struggle this year but the fish are in there always have been always will be

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2050 on: Jan 06, 2013, 10:54 PM »
No fish in the pond this year, your wasting your time and money.

Been full of optimistic remarks so far Murph? That's exactly what anglers want to read on a forum.
So I have a theory.....Either your success fishing the pond has been so horrible, or your simply just playing the guy that thinks he can play mind games. Neither work bud. The pond has both good and bad days, just like any other piece of water. Here is a pic or two of a happy day at the pond. last year.

First time I took the wife and son out to GP. They both were successful.

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2051 on: Jan 06, 2013, 10:59 PM »
A guy your size can just filet the leftover fatheads in the bait bucket & you'll be all set.

Geez.. thats not being very nice Jeff, seeing how they put the boots to the rest of us!!!! :P

Offline Iceydan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chief of the Fugowie tribe
« Reply #2052 on: Jan 07, 2013, 04:30 AM »
Awww last year? I almost called in sick when I saw those pictures >:(

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2053 on: Jan 07, 2013, 04:59 AM »
Been full of optimistic remarks so far Murph? That's exactly what anglers want to read on a forum.
So I have a theory.....Either your success fishing the pond has been so horrible, or your simply just playing the guy that thinks he can play mind games. Neither work bud. The pond has both good and bad days, just like any other piece of water. Here is a pic or two of a happy day at the pond. last year.
First time I took the wife and son out to GP. They both were successful.

Fish it all you want, i know i wont be, to each his own.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2054 on: Jan 07, 2013, 05:01 AM »
lance  you'll  always  have  fun  when  you  bring  your  family  and  it's  always  nice  to  see  sportsmen  doing  that!

HT  niceeeeeeeeeeeeee  stink  log!!!!  and  a  decent  meal!  get  ready  lil  buddy   i  may  have  a  rabbit  up  my  sleave   ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2055 on: Jan 07, 2013, 05:38 AM »
Quote from: Murph20

[/quote

well sometimes you have to go where there is ice , and if you don't fish it why bother to comment , I wish Oneida was on but until then i will chase the ice no matter where it leads me from the pond to where ever

Offline skidplate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2056 on: Jan 07, 2013, 07:29 AM »
Anyone going out there today?  I was thinking of taking the boy after school, maybe to The Elms, am I wasting my time, for the Ice I mean.  I'm always wasting my time on fish.  ;)

I'm Gonna go to bed...I'm gonna change my pants and go to bed.

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2057 on: Jan 07, 2013, 07:46 AM »
Anyone going out there today?  I was thinking of taking the boy after school, maybe to The Elms, am I wasting my time, for the Ice I mean.  I'm always wasting my time on fish.  ;)
. Be careful I was there yesterday and I ice was getting pretty bad. I was breaking through the slush ice into the black that was only 2" thick. FYI I'm 140lbs. If you go out I wouldn't go more that two yards out. He safe.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2058 on: Jan 07, 2013, 07:49 AM »
Boggey, rough day yesterday. Moved over ten times stayed from 8-4 tried every thing I had and only kept 13 plus one pike. Holy slow. Ice sucks now becareful everyone
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2059 on: Jan 07, 2013, 07:59 AM »
After you put all your time and effort into the pond and season comes to an end, you'll be saying...
Geeez he was right ,,, there really wasnt any fish in the pond this year... I fish the pond all the time. I know that your a die hard FILLET and i understand people just wanna get out there, as do i, but i would rather not if there are no fish,, sure you will catch a few here and there, but nothing like years past.

Offline cnyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2060 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:11 AM »
I went out of green point yesterday and caught one beautiful pike and two decent ones. I also had 3 break offs at the hole from really nice pike.... the jigging was very sloooow though. I did catch a few keeper perch on the tip ups as well.
"catch em all let god sort em out"

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2061 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:44 AM »
I went out of green point yesterday and caught one beautiful pike and two decent ones. I also had 3 break offs at the hole from really nice pike.... the jigging was very sloooow though. I did catch a few keeper perch on the tip ups as well.

that sucks on the break offs , but you did get out look at it that way, now you got the bad stuff out of the way smooth sailing now  ;)

Offline cnyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2062 on: Jan 07, 2013, 11:13 AM »
Yeah it was really nice too get out!!!
"catch em all let god sort em out"

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2063 on: Jan 07, 2013, 02:41 PM »
Ice wasn't bad today off the Wigwam. Fishing was sloooow. Marked a bunch of fish but could only get a few small ones to bite. No flags. Went to lakeview after and did a big ZERO. Maybe should have tried GP instead. Oh we'll. next time. Hope the ice makes it through this weekend. Can't get out again til then.

Offline schreck72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2064 on: Jan 07, 2013, 04:16 PM »
how thick was the ice today?

Offline gil_lunkage

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2065 on: Jan 07, 2013, 06:52 PM »
I went out of green point Sunday and ice was sketchy in some spots.  saw some guys walk into the slush and sink to their shins.
be careful where you walk.

Fishing was consistent, but keepers were not.  Lotso small perch....
"Don't hate me cause you ain't me"
~ Some Dude

Offline rlowery

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2066 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:27 PM »
Gonna give it a go off the elms in the morning. Wanted to head up to guffins but my buddy bailed on me. Anyone fish the pond over that way today? What was the ice looking like?
"Don't take any wooden nickels"
Oswego,NY  CU Alum ~Go Golden Knights~

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2067 on: Jan 08, 2013, 07:16 PM »

Well, no need to keep this conversation going anymore than!! Hope all your fishung ventures are productive, and safe Murph. Wish I could have met and fished with ya for once before ya decide to shun all our waters. :'(

Offline icecusan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2068 on: Jan 08, 2013, 10:00 PM »
just confirmed makiplastics will be at newyork sportsman show this weekend at src arena on occ campus jan.11-13
walk on water

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2069 on: Jan 08, 2013, 10:19 PM »
just confirmed makiplastics will be at newyork sportsman show this weekend at src arena on occ campus jan.11-13

Yesir....My bad also, I got a confirmation 2 days ago, and neglected to make the post......cause it was late and I fell asleep. Hope to see a bunch of ya' s there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.