New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392970 times)

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #1950 on: Jan 03, 2013, 01:02 PM »
Skipper are you going sunday? Would love to see ya out there...

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1951 on: Jan 03, 2013, 01:03 PM »
Oh and BTW make sure that little man of yours is ready to win my derby on Feb. 23rd. Tell the little guy I said hello.

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1952 on: Jan 03, 2013, 02:39 PM »
Just got off. Slow start and it really picked up. Kept about 25. I was in 4.5 " of ice and I was the furthest one out.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #1953 on: Jan 03, 2013, 02:41 PM »
Ok I will tell him. I might be out Sunday we will see. It would be nice to see everyone.

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #1954 on: Jan 03, 2013, 02:51 PM »
Is Feb 23rd the Sportsmens Club Derby?  Anyone else have other dates for Derbies this year on the Pond? Unfortunately I wont be up this weekend, that work thing gets in the way again.  Hopefully the ice stays and stiffens up a bit by next week.  If I've learned nothing else about this pond, its unpredictable.
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1955 on: Jan 03, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Just got off from the Steakhouse... Snow covered areas from a couple days ago were still a tiny bit soft today. Other than that a good 3-4 of black under 2 white. Kept 20 eaters for dinner...

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1956 on: Jan 03, 2013, 03:03 PM »
Is Feb 23rd the Sportsmens Club Derby?  Anyone else have other dates for Derbies this year on the Pond? Unfortunately I wont be up this weekend, that work thing gets in the way again.  Hopefully the ice stays and stiffens up a bit by next week.  If I've learned nothing else about this pond, its unpredictable.
No the sportsmans derby is presidents day weekend The Christine Reed derby held at the club is feb 23rd. I should have the master list of pond derbies soon.

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1957 on: Jan 03, 2013, 04:07 PM »
We will be there.

Offline pond rat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1958 on: Jan 03, 2013, 05:10 PM »
went out and checked the ice right before dark infront of the wigwam and i only walked out about 75 yards and there was 5 inches or so some seamed good some kinda crappy but i could see 13 shantys 

Offline mikewelch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1959 on: Jan 03, 2013, 05:55 PM »
fished gp this am 7/30 till 11/30 slow bite. brought home 10 fish. 8pearch 2bluegill 4 to 5 inches black and white ice.counted 16 shanties when leaving.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1960 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:37 AM »
Franky, Don't forget the 2 man tourny on Feb 2nd. You and the Capn still hooked up for that? Thank God it looks like we will get a tournament or two in this year on the pond . However early, word is the first 12 guys out their already caught the first 50 fish and there aren't too many left, so you better not fish there. Ain't no fish there anyway. Water's too low, the cut is closed, not enough ice, too much snow on the ice, a lot of gas pockets, cost too much money to park and last there ain't no fish in there anyway. Better drive up to Chaumont or Black Lake or 3mile Bay. Drowndin Dots is going to carry me in the2 man tournament and if there are 20 fish left in the Pond he and I will catch them for sure. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
So long as work permits bud . I got called back to my commercial job  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D But time off is now a problem for fishing ..... Hey , may need you to supervise the basement project after all now  ;) 

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1961 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:46 AM »
Boggey are you deterring me from catching the remaining fish in the pond? ;) I will be there and capthook88 is ready to break the scales. Hopefully mother nature allows us to tour the pond this year. If so watch out. Team fish meat is deticated.  :flex: :flex: :flex:

Offline waldoslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1962 on: Jan 04, 2013, 05:40 AM »
Hey skipper have you been out on the pond yet??   hows the night bite?

Offline hoyt313

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1963 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:53 AM »
headin out in the am, any reports over by eddies?

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1964 on: Jan 04, 2013, 11:17 AM »
heard today that someone and their four wheeler went in today?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1965 on: Jan 04, 2013, 11:22 AM »
that sucks

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1966 on: Jan 04, 2013, 11:24 AM »
Hey skipper have you been out on the pond yet??   hows the night bite?
havent been on the pond yet. I want to get after the infimous pappermouth.

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1967 on: Jan 04, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Just got in off the pond in front of steakhouse. Windy as hell had to get off it. Last three groups all headed off at the same time. Ice was decent but slushy in spots... Be careful as there are some sketchy spots still. Perch bite was good to me again this morning picking up 18 keepers. Lost a hog just under my hole.... Good luck...

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #1968 on: Jan 04, 2013, 11:58 AM »
A 4 wheeler out there today ??? Thats real intelegent is it not. People need to use some common sense >:( Really  ???
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1969 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:08 PM »

Wow, genius! Hope everyone is okay.

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #1970 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:09 PM »
Wow, genius! Hope everyone is okay.

Glad I am not going to part of tomorrows rat race...be safe everyone...

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #1971 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:21 PM »

Glad I am not going to part of tomorrows rat race...be safe everyone...
That sucks that you are laid up Scott. i could use a Camera Man tomorrow. the last intelagent move i watched someone do up there was drilling a hole out by the open water by the cut. the ice broke away and the guy took off running for shore and left his auger floating away sticking straight up and down out of the floating chunk of ice. Un Real  ??? ::) ::) ::)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #1972 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:38 PM »
That sucks that you are laid up Scott. i could use a Camera Man tomorrow. the last intelagent move i watched someone do up there was drilling a hole out by the open water by the cut. the ice broke away and the guy took off running for shore and left his auger floating away sticking straight up and down out of the floating chunk of ice. Un Real  ??? ::) ::) ::)

LOL...I hope you get right into them tomorrow...couple more weeks...I just keep telling myself when I am cleared to get out there there will be all kinds of options with lots of good ice...until them I just get to live through others on here and all the texts I get with people showing how much fun they are having...LOL ;D

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1973 on: Jan 04, 2013, 01:47 PM »
Now is the to walk and fish leave the wheelers and sleds home

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1974 on: Jan 04, 2013, 05:21 PM »
thinking about going tomorrow... dont like this early ice at all but been chompin at the bit ... thinking about going out wigwam or gp. heard gp was kinda sketchy still.  anybody been to both? got any suggestions? buddy of mine was on gp the other day and said there was 6-9 inches (way more than anyone else said there was) thought that was a bit far fetched but everyone measures things a different way i guess :P usually more than there really is. thinking if i can get a few more ice reports from today it will give me a better idea about where i wanna go... or if.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1975 on: Jan 04, 2013, 05:30 PM »
thinking about going tomorrow... dont like this early ice at all but been chompin at the bit ... thinking about going out wigwam or gp. heard gp was kinda sketchy still.  anybody been to both? got any suggestions? buddy of mine was on gp the other day and said there was 6-9 inches (way more than anyone else said there was) thought that was a bit far fetched but everyone measures things a different way i guess :P usually more than there really is. thinking if i can get a few more ice reports from today it will give me a better idea about where i wanna go... or if.

I was at the elms yesterday. Had 5" black. That was measured with a ruler.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1976 on: Jan 04, 2013, 05:32 PM »
thank you  ;D

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1977 on: Jan 04, 2013, 05:34 PM »
Ill b at gp sunday

Offline FATFINDER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #1978 on: Jan 04, 2013, 05:37 PM »
Time to get some in the A.M.   
The next time you go in the outdoors remember to clean up your trash!

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #1979 on: Jan 04, 2013, 11:17 PM »
Snow sticks to water be safe.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.