New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392969 times)

Offline Reel Addiction 2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 3rd double of the day
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #1320 on: Jan 29, 2012, 12:53 PM »
looks like we will have to plan a trip north next weekend. Where to go, where to go ??? ???

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1321 on: Jan 29, 2012, 01:19 PM »
Gas pocket holes cover over real easy with snow and the water is cold, went in a few years ago because of a snow covered  hole at Erieville Res, we were cutting holes with over 12" of ice all day and on the way off the ice I went in 40 yards from shore.  When I got out it took maybe a minute and the hole covered again.  No more Erieville for me!

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1322 on: Jan 29, 2012, 01:39 PM »
Well guys heres my picture from Thursday I was having trouble downloading. Fished GP. This is my pile, my old man kept about the same

It'll eat.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1323 on: Jan 29, 2012, 01:45 PM »
can i  have  em?????

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1324 on: Jan 29, 2012, 01:48 PM »
In the freezer bro
It'll eat.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1325 on: Jan 29, 2012, 01:51 PM »
i'll  thaw  em  out  :roflmao: 

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1326 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:59 PM »
I think I can speak for all of us on this website when I say I liked you much better when you were down in New Orleans and you didnt post much ::)
It'll eat.

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1327 on: Jan 30, 2012, 12:24 AM »
cant wait to hit the pond when its safe again

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #1328 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:09 AM »
The 18th is the sportsman's derby that pond is going to be packed that weekend.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1329 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:24 AM »
Hey catch, you may have a future in photography. Blow that picture up and frame it. I'm no art critic but the picture has balance and beauty. I guess it all depends on the subject and what resolution your camera has. My limited experience is my phone camera don't cut it. If not photography then maybe fish arrangements  :D :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Yeah my old phone took beautiful pictures...I just got a new one about 2 weeks ago...The camera on it is just terrible as you can tell.
It'll eat.

Offline Reel Addiction 2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 3rd double of the day
« Reply #1330 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:09 AM »
Looks like we will need boats for the tourney

Our boat is ready and sitting in the garage waiting  ;D

Offline lonefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1331 on: Jan 30, 2012, 03:24 PM »
to bad for me , i get sick in a boat .. thats why i fish hardwater :tipup:
you can't rollerskate in a buffalo heard

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1332 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:56 PM »
    Wow! I just took a tour around the other posts. Am I imagining the general tenor of our discussions are becoming more and more confrontational and less helpful and informative?  In the past I have enjoyed the post by some of our stalwart contributors and lately, perhaps because of the lack of ice, cabin fever whatever, the general din of our quips and quotes are often demeaning and disrespectful. I will bust on my friends with the best of them, but some times it is a thin line that takes us over the edge into down right warfare. I know we have all witnessed this in the near past and have lost valuable contributors to the general forum due to the excesses of heated disagreements.
    I would hope, pray we can practice more civility in our inter forum conversations. Let's pretend our 10 year olds are reading our posts. Better yet, let your ten year olds read your posts. Are you proud of everything you post? Some of you have so much you can share with the rest of us. We all share this venue, this communitive forum we call Ice Shanty.com, so let's put the mods out of business, let's be more civil, more informative, more forgiving , yet and still convey our thioughts with joviality and a laugh or two.
Well Spoken buddy !

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #1333 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:17 PM »
I have to say the past week, I've had to lock more threads and clean up garbage than the past 4 months.  :P
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1334 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:45 PM »
I'm  too busy following the su football recruiting to catch any of this. I think we all should take a pause and sing kumbaya and praise the lord all mighty Doug Marrone.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1335 on: Jan 31, 2012, 05:31 AM »
Even though it looks better, be careful out there. Take a partner, walk 10 feet apart or more. bring hand spikes and if you have an old water ski rope with the handle on it, roll it around its own handle and put it in your back pack or sled.  Think cold.

better  yet  be  smart  stay off  for  awhile  ..........and  believe  me  i'm   jonesin' for  flags and toothy  friends ..... those  holes  are  still there  boog  just  covered and  insulated now!!!!

Offline cspoof

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1336 on: Jan 31, 2012, 06:02 AM »
No Snow or ice South of Syracuse Mr. Boogie.  Some ice on Tully Lake and Deruyter Res.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1337 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:18 AM »
Congrats fishtank to you and your wife ;D

Offline timothymills2012

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1338 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:57 AM »
  Man do i have cabin fever BAAAAAD!!!There is only so much a man can take!!!I wish the boss would call me back to work(can't beleave i just said that)but that won't happen until spring.I was thinking about hitting a few streams to see if the steelheads were in yet but then we got all this snow.I also wish my fishing buddies weren't a bunch of "nancys"and would take the trip up north for some hard water fishing.Gas cost too much or i would drive up by myself.Think i'll put an add in the post standard that says "wanted new fishing buddies who's wives don't control every move you make""hahaha.Thanks for listening.Pray for cold!!

Offline Reel Addiction 2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 3rd double of the day
« Reply #1339 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:02 AM »
I'm  too busy following the su football recruiting to catch any of this. I think we all should take a pause and sing kumbaya and praise the lord all mighty Doug Marrone.

I'm waiting for SU LAX to begin  ;D

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #1340 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:18 AM »
Eddy, Trapper, Catch, HT, bcon,Pondskipper, thanks for bringing some of those newbys under your wing, and thank you to all who bring a new addict to the fold. Last year, I know some of us brought some Fort Drum soldiers and their families to the ice last year. Selfishly, I had a great time and met some great guys and their family members. Now that so many of us are making the trek north every week end, maybe we could offer to take a new military member or two with us. Is any one else so inclined? Big Sunny and I are looking at 3 mile on Sat. if the weather and ice permit. 
     I hope the Pond heals itself, but strongly believe those open holes are not solid yet and worse , now covered with thin ice under heavy snow. Even though it looks better, be careful out there. Take a partner, walk 10 feet apart or more. bring hand spikes and if you have an old water ski rope with the handle on it, roll it around its own handle and put it in your back pack or sled.  Think cold.
Jim I think we should start a program to start getting our military men and women out on the ice. This is something I have always wanted to do to show my thanks. I always buy a man or women in uniform a drink when I'm in a bar or restraunt to show my appreciation to them. Fort drum is a stones through away. They would love to go out fishing for the day. Anyone else got any ideas? I know this year is spent for ice but maybe we can put our heads together for next year.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1341 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:22 AM »
Jim I think we should start a program to start getting our military men and women out on the ice. This is something I have always wanted to do to show my thanks. I always buy a man or women in uniform a drink when I'm in a bar or restraunt to show my appreciation to them. Fort drum is a stones through away. They would love to go out fishing for the day. Anyone else got any ideas? I know this year is spent for ice but maybe we can put our heads together for next year.

why  just  the  ice?  open water too or hunting  ...  i'm game

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1342 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:26 AM »

I fished with Adam 2000 , Does that count ?  ;D Well Jimmy All my ducks are in a row for the 18th , Harold got hold of a hand held GPS and next week the scouting will begin again in earnest . You should be warned .... He found a new and deadly lure and with it produced 5 over 13 " on his B-day  :o All I could do is watch and pull 11's . I have always wanted to be a King  ;)2

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1343 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:38 AM »
adam is  good  people  ....  he  had  to give  HT  a  walleye  ya  know   ;D ;D

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1344 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Cograts fishtank to you and your wife ;D
Thanks Bob everything is going good and the lack of sleep is wonderful lol!

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1345 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:18 AM »
Be careful if you are going to actually do this.. You may need to get a guides license not sure. I would help you with that part of it if you need.

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1346 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:38 AM »
Be careful if you are going to actually do this.. You may need to get a guides license not sure. I would help you with that part of it if you need.
Why would you need a guides license if you took people fishing, guides get payed money for their services, just taking someone fishing you shouldn't need a license.

cny

Offline CrappieAssasin42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1347 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:44 AM »
Why would you need a guides license if you took people fishing, guides get payed money for their services, just taking someone fishing you shouldn't need a license.

cny
Yeah I take people out fishing with me all the time does this mean I can charge them! That would be great cuz then the wife will stop complaining Im not working and Im always fishing with my friends!
Crappies beware!!! The CrappieAssasin is on the prowl!!!

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1348 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:55 AM »
I'm not saying you definately do, but if the plan would be to do this on some sort of larger scale then good ol uncle sam may have something to say about it... I know one of my guide friends takes troops turkey hunting and even though he does it voluntarily he still has to have insurance and is required to display his guide pin.. Just my 2 cents, it may not be needed..

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1349 on: Jan 31, 2012, 01:09 PM »
Here she is my newest fishing partner.. McKenna Lee 7lbs even. Jan 27th 8:39am.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.