New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392968 times)

Offline rprsnt34snaa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • waleye hunting
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #1140 on: Jan 22, 2012, 10:41 AM »
thank yu tank for helpin us out really was good fishing just alot of dink's but i juss wanted to thank yu an cangrats on the baby  ;D
freeze onedia freezee...

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1141 on: Jan 22, 2012, 10:47 AM »
Tank. I know you started after me although it took me longer to get out there. We may have started at the same time. Like you told me it was slow start. I didn't have a vex, but through multiple bait changes finally found somthing they liked. Def not the same as last year. As to the probability of you winning the 2 man tournament are 60/1. I didn't hear that team name, what is it? And good luck with the baby. PM me when you can about getting the perm out on Friday. I may need a hand.
Team "winning" lol j/k I am not sure yet

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #1142 on: Jan 22, 2012, 01:36 PM »
52 between last night and today very slow going. ???

Offline BigHead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1143 on: Jan 22, 2012, 01:56 PM »
went out on the pond today real slow but hey i was i out there

Offline BudMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1144 on: Jan 22, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Day started out fine but the wind picked up and slowed the bite down. Still managed a decent catch including a surprise steelhead that had my drag screaming.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1145 on: Jan 22, 2012, 04:25 PM »
HT  and  i  put  up  with  catch   ::)  seen  dots  and  FM  out there  too  ...  was  like  a  ice  shanty  meet  and  greet  ....  good  time  and  tyler  ....  hows  that  snow  board  doing  buddy  ....  and  ...whats  a  transformer?????

and  if  the  husband  and  wife  team  with there  little  one ,are  one  here ...  i  am  glad  i  got  to  say hi in  the parking  lot , that  took me  back  !!!!  thank you ;D

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1146 on: Jan 22, 2012, 04:34 PM »
how was the ice up there today guys? i was wondering if its thick enough for me to drive my SUV on? and do i have to pay for parking if i just drive out there on the ice?
It'll eat.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1147 on: Jan 22, 2012, 04:53 PM »
if  you  drive  on  the  ice  your  all  good  i  measured  about  2 1/2  inches  so i think your  safe    that  should  hold  ya  .....  do  you  want  the  gps  cords  or  heck  just  take  the  gps!!!!! 

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1148 on: Jan 22, 2012, 04:59 PM »
hey trap send me your cell number...got some info from a friend...my report for the day...slooooow no matter where u were...
It'll eat.

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1149 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:01 PM »
went up to gp today. me the women and her pops slaugherd. some nice slob perch. gotta nice ling but it straightend my hook out at the hole her dad got small pike. bite slowed down about 2. we had about 6-7in all day. was good day

Offline jonesfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1150 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:05 PM »
Just think it's bull when someone catches fish and is too freakin lazy to clean them. Whoever had the red ford ranger at greenspoint today with the crappie and bluegill just tossed in the back which looked like they had been there a few days too long. Shame on you!!  If you don't want the fish throw them back. My crew and I would have loved to have caught those fish and put them on the dinner plate. It's wasteful and unsportsmanlike in our book!! Next time we see something like that we're gonna wait for you to get back to your truck and it ain't gonna be pretty trust me!! >

Offline Reel Addiction 2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 3rd double of the day
« Reply #1151 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:24 PM »
BTW that old Doo was me... ;D

Where you in the same area today. Looked like the same sled from yesterday. Short walk for us coming off groman rd.

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #1152 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:48 PM »
I will take that into consideration as you were once my best bud, but Big Sunny and I , henceforth known as Team Boggey have some pretty good spots picked out and will be extremely mobile the day of the tournament. In fact we will use the perm shack as a means of misdirection, We will paint the windows black so you won't know if we are in there or not. We are also adopting some of goonboys winter camo to disguise our whereabouts. Team Boggey is going to use the first place prize money to upgrade the shanty with wall to wall carpet and build Big Sunny's new hut.
       I hated to burst your bubble DD, but someone has to bring you back to reality. Now what were some other of those pretenders team names I have been hearing about? Paperchound tells me they have 11 teams from PA signed up and ready to rest the title from the Sandy Pond regulars. Kurt, 5 words, that ain't goin to happen. Although I would still like to hear some of those team names. It's time for a team check in on the 2man team tournament. One note on that:  B-Con -Catchemall has too many syllables. You got to shorten that team title for brevity's sake. Also I thought those Oswego boys represented us well last year. I didn't see Wattsy there though. Hey guys, I'm just lookin for some fishermen who think they can fish.
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #1153 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:52 PM »
i hope you r scouting some good spots because my scout is watching you
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #1154 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:54 PM »
Whos your scout?

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #1155 on: Jan 23, 2012, 04:01 AM »
who said anything about perch ??? ??? ??? ???
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1156 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:41 AM »
Boggey I'm in shanty prison for five more days so my posts do not show up till the mods approve them. They felt I needed a time out for all the good advice I have given you. Buddy let me know if your fishing saturday so matt and I can school you again. I know what you're thinking old man. Youth really is wasted on the young!
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline hoyt313

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1157 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:39 AM »
Went out yesterday,  7 keepers, worst day i ever had on the pond! Moved around alot too!  Oh well theres always next weekend!

Offline duke4x4ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1158 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:18 AM »
I fished the pond Sunday caught 13 keepers there was 6 inches of black ice fishing was pretty slow my gram will like perch dinner though

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1159 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:18 AM »

Where you in the same area today. Looked like the same sled from yesterday. Short walk for us coming off groman rd.
nope I didn't fish sunday but it was my buddy he took my sled.

Offline Trucker223

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1160 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:55 AM »
Hello everyone this is my first post here just wanted to say took my daughter out yesterday on the pond there was six solid inches of ice we got there at almost noon and hit out limit by 4 pm

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1161 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:12 AM »

Ya Jim , we fished the pond yesterday allllll day long . Very tough biteeven the dinks were picky  ??? High pressure made for a tough day for all of us I think ..... meanwhile my other potential option for the day was producing record numbers of walleye for all to be had  :'(

Offline Trucker223

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1162 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:25 AM »
We fished by gp. It was very steady the whole time we were there we left with a five gallon bucket amost full.

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #1163 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:33 AM »
First time ever on the pond yesterday, fished the elms i guess very slow but manged to pull in 2 decent pike. Was a good time all in all

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1164 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:59 AM »
We fished by gp. It was very steady the whole time we were there we left with a five gallon bucket amost full.
so did we .... trust me it was slow ....

Offline duke4x4ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1165 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:42 AM »
I was thinking about doing some night fishing any recommendations never fished at night there any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Offline PJDNYfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1166 on: Jan 23, 2012, 12:28 PM »
fished sandy yesterday for the first time. not my best day ever but managed 11 solid keeper perch out of elms. bite slowed down around 1230 for me. caught about 40 perch total just alot of dinks. hope to be back there next weekend if onieda doesnt hold its ice. lets hope everyone keeps their ice

Offline Fishhunter22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1167 on: Jan 23, 2012, 04:23 PM »
for those who fished sandy pond greene point on sunday,.. how did you do fishing? i fished the elms found some fair sized ones only fished a few hours, too many dinks for me.

Offline Iceman2012

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Can't wait for tbe ice!
« Reply #1168 on: Jan 23, 2012, 04:45 PM »
Fished greene point yesterday between 3 of us caught 40..thanks to the guy who loaned us tools!

Offline basslover96

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bass fishin'
Sandy Pond?
« Reply #1169 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:41 PM »
Should the pond be alright tomorrow with all this rain we got?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.