New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392968 times)

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #660 on: Jan 11, 2012, 10:25 AM »
does anyone know how the ice is on the pond?

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #661 on: Jan 11, 2012, 10:32 AM »
does anyone know how the ice is on the pond?

look up three post
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline Bambino0657

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #662 on: Jan 11, 2012, 11:51 AM »
Come on get cold!!

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #663 on: Jan 11, 2012, 02:26 PM »
is the pond ice fishible and how thick is it

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #664 on: Jan 11, 2012, 02:35 PM »
is the pond ice fishible and how thick is it

Honestly man look back at your last post asking the same question and go up three threads, it's ice covered. It's been warm up there all week. It's not fishable
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #665 on: Jan 11, 2012, 02:56 PM »
ik but it was confuseing to me and thanks. i dnt live up by there and ik that its useually 5-10 degrees colder up there so i didnt rly know. lik i said thanks and hopefully we get some damn ice so i can test out the new shanty. :tipup:

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #666 on: Jan 11, 2012, 04:02 PM »
ik but it was confuseing to me and thanks. i dnt live up by there and ik that its useually 5-10 degrees colder up there so i didnt rly know. lik i said thanks and hopefully we get some damn ice so i can test out the new shanty. :tipup:
There is plenty of safe ice in the north...not sandy pond but elseware in NY.

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #667 on: Jan 11, 2012, 05:21 PM »
where at. im from the bevill area but i dnt wanna drive.5 hours to fish. then again i may cuz ive been jonesing to go out lmk :tipup:

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #668 on: Jan 11, 2012, 05:22 PM »
Hopefully soon.

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #669 on: Jan 11, 2012, 05:24 PM »
where at. im from the bevill area but i dnt wanna drive.5 hours to fish. then again i may cuz ive been jonesing to go out lmk :tipup:
Do your homework and check other threads such as Northern NY thread.

Offline Reel Addiction 2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 3rd double of the day
« Reply #670 on: Jan 11, 2012, 05:46 PM »

Search Black lake and eel bay on here.

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #671 on: Jan 11, 2012, 07:41 PM »
ok thank you

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #672 on: Jan 11, 2012, 07:54 PM »
there both 2 hours away thats no bad at all. just might take a feild trip :tipup:

Offline Ice_Ape

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #673 on: Jan 11, 2012, 10:04 PM »
Question for ya, I rent a cottage every year up off Chipman lane. I have permission to park at cottage to access the pond. (weather providing) I know it would be a good hike out to the duck blind Island, but i do pretty good there during the summer when I am up there...Question is, would i be better going out of the steak house or is it pretty good fishing the island during the winter as well?
Do you think there's hardwater in heaven?

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #674 on: Jan 11, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Fished with edrod and brew today up north somewhere. Had a great day on 6+ inches of Ice.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #675 on: Jan 11, 2012, 11:42 PM »
Still Nothing going on up there!?!?!? Heading Up North Sunday....Should I just keep driving by it or try a smaller body of water!?!? ANDDDDDDDDDD I dont wanna get wet lol.  I am hoping the cold weather on Saturday will help build an inch or so that whole day.

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #676 on: Jan 12, 2012, 04:22 AM »
Still Nothing going on up there!?!?!? Heading Up North Sunday....Should I just keep driving by it or try a smaller body of water!?!? ANDDDDDDDDDD I dont wanna get wet lol.  I am hoping the cold weather on Saturday will help build an inch or so that whole day.

The pond won't be fishable for awhile. I know you want to fish the pond but there are plenty of spots that are safe north of Watertown. Look at the nny thread and you can find where it's safe. I promise when the pond is safe this thread will tell you. Keep checking but until then get your fix someplace that's not questionable and you won't get wet.

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #677 on: Jan 12, 2012, 04:34 AM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot: :woot: :woot: :bow: :bow: Cuse Won last night  YEOOOW    18-0

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #678 on: Jan 12, 2012, 06:23 AM »
Near A-bay last night around 6pm it was 20 degrees and felt colder. By the time I got to Sandy Creek it was 34 degrees. Pond made no ice last night.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #679 on: Jan 12, 2012, 07:00 AM »
Ok people please use your heads when it comes to the pond, above freezing all night, heavy rain & wind this morning, above freezing all day today with on & off rain.  Tonight & Tomm.  33-34 degrees with 3-5"'s of heavy wet snow & sleet.
It's been above freezing for days 
IT WON'T BE SAFE!
While temps look great for the weekend, still head north.  That heavy stuff that falls tom. will sink the ice, turn to slush, then freeze this wkend, however it will be CRAP ICE, the ice has to be so soft now, plus that frozen slush?
It won't matter if it looks like 3" this weekend, it'll be 3"'s of junk. 
The good news however, by Sat. night all the garbage should be frozen, with little to nothing on top insulating it. By sometime Sunday/ Sunday nite it should be back to making good black ice.  So with any luck early to middle of next week you'll get the reports you were looking for.
Stay safe, & use that lump on top of your necks for something other that a hatrack  :P :P

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #680 on: Jan 12, 2012, 07:43 AM »
Good post bcons.........don't chance it on a bunch of JUNK!! 

Hope your prediction is right..........I got thursday off.  Would be nice to not have to drive all the way to the St Lawrence again.

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #681 on: Jan 12, 2012, 07:53 AM »
Question for ya, I rent a cottage every year up off Chipman lane. I have permission to park at cottage to access the pond. (weather providing) I know it would be a good hike out to the duck blind Island, but i do pretty good there during the summer when I am up there...Question is, would i be better going out of the steak house or is it pretty good fishing the island during the winter as well?

If you head out anwhere around that island on the ice you had better know where you are going.. That is where the gas pockets and the preasure ridges are every year, and every year I watch people go through...

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #682 on: Jan 12, 2012, 08:28 AM »
I hope your rite bcons I hate the slush and snow.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #683 on: Jan 12, 2012, 08:57 AM »
bcons is the man!!! i was not feeling too optimistic about making my trip out there from Albany.Now i feel beeter about heading to the daks.. looking foward to the pond next wknd hopefully. always worth the drive. Thanks for the report
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline father o millions

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #684 on: Jan 12, 2012, 09:34 AM »
I wonder how many awesome fishermen will fall in sandy pants this weekend,....I'm going to check the ol' crappie spot sunday night ,......by sunday night we'll know what's what,,..I second the notion to stay off the pond untill some local yocals who know what's up check it,...........it'll b on next week 4 shizzle,.....and we have all waited long enough,.....last year I got a steelhead my first day on the pond,.... it was nutty,......c yalll out there

Offline perchsnagger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #685 on: Jan 12, 2012, 10:02 AM »
I wish the news was better but I live at Mexico Point and my weather station reported yesterdays high of 51 low of 38 and since last evening we recieved 1.12" of rain. That can't be good for what little ice that exists on the pond which is isn't too far away. Maybe with the colder temps in the near future we will be able to fish the weekend of the 21st.

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #686 on: Jan 12, 2012, 10:40 AM »
well men have no good news for the pond down to a 1inch  :%$#!: not good looks like we will be starting all over after this rain and wind  :'( 
lets rip some lips its time to fish

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #687 on: Jan 12, 2012, 11:38 AM »
hopefully all this rain will freeze the pond a lil more and add some new ice. from what im hearing its supposed to turn to freezeing rain by tonight and its supposed to dip down to the negitives at night this weekend. idk i guess we wait n c  :tipup:

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #688 on: Jan 12, 2012, 11:51 AM »

These strong east winds will being going west tomorrow after another round of rain...We all know what west winds can do. Seen the creek gauges are high, bet the creek mouths are eroding ice.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #689 on: Jan 12, 2012, 12:46 PM »
Damn you mother nature!!!!!!!  Looks like I'm heading north again Saturday! Anybody interested pm me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.