New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392874 times)

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #1560 on: Feb 16, 2012, 07:01 PM »
Bad enough that they're arguing sports on this thread! :woot:

Those of us with common sense will make fun of the Yankees even when there's good ice.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1561 on: Feb 16, 2012, 07:04 PM »
How bad is the pond?

Well all the derbies & tourneys have been canceled, look back a few pages & look at the pics I posted, then consider its been warm & raining for a few days how do you think the ice is?

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1562 on: Feb 16, 2012, 07:05 PM »
I must be mistaken i thought this was the sandy pond thread not new york vs. boston

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1563 on: Feb 16, 2012, 07:09 PM »
I must be mistaken i thought this was the sandy pond thread not new york vs. boston

Well since there's no real ice we mine as well argue about the next best thing.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1564 on: Feb 16, 2012, 08:06 PM »
BERKLY  UP  TO  YOU  BUT   AFTER  THIS  RAIN  I  WOULDN'T  GO  ON  THE  ICE    ON  THE  POND  !  WE  BEEN  SAYING  THAT 

KP   FOR  DOING  SUCH  A  GOOD  JOB  WATCHING  THE  POND   LETS   GET  B-CONS  A  YANKEES  HAT! 

Offline gill catcher13126

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1565 on: Feb 17, 2012, 01:35 AM »
BERKLY  UP  TO  YOU  BUT   AFTER  THIS  RAIN  I  WOULDN'T  GO  ON  THE  ICE    ON  THE  POND  !  WE  BEEN  SAYING  THAT 

KP   FOR  DOING  SUCH  A  GOOD  JOB  WATCHING  THE  POND   LETS   GET  B-CONS  A  YANKEES  HAT!
ill never take MY redsocks hat off trap ;D ;D no matter how many time you try and throw it in the creek haha
if there there ill catch em

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1566 on: Feb 17, 2012, 04:46 AM »

Come on Jimmy , Demean CHOWDA HEADS   ::) ::) ::) ::) :thumbsup:

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1567 on: Feb 17, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Boggey it's ok to be honest. Pats fans are a bunch of bandwagoners who jumped on a winning team because they were the trend of the decade. I would like to see one person stand up and tell me they were a pats fan when coach Mac was there. I have been to ten nfl stadiums including gilette. That is my least favorite. Pats fans are like Rutgers fans. They all think they are entitled because they have Brady and that no personality cheating coach. Don't get me started on the suxs. Let's go orange!
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1568 on: Feb 17, 2012, 09:03 AM »
Oh yeah. Anybody fishing up north tomorrow? 
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1569 on: Feb 17, 2012, 03:58 PM »
Is there good ice on the pond???..... ::)
BEHAVE  >:D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1570 on: Feb 17, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Is there good ice on the pond???..... ::)

Hes nothing but a trouble maker.... :whistle: ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline bshirtd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1571 on: Feb 18, 2012, 04:37 PM »
So is there ice or not? Just wondering
its a footrace to the hole

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1572 on: Feb 18, 2012, 05:07 PM »
I think a blind person could read these last few pages and be able to figure out the ice conditions .  ::)

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1573 on: Feb 18, 2012, 08:20 PM »
Musta been some Blind people out on the North Pond today, between the Wigwam and HogNose point.

Did they have dogs ? I love dogs .  @)

Offline Jarrett

• IceShanty Rookie
Sandy pond
« Reply #1574 on: Feb 19, 2012, 03:18 AM »
Any information on the ice conditions for sandy pond might be heading up Monday if ice is good. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Best of luck y'all  @)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1575 on: Feb 19, 2012, 08:58 AM »
WHATS  AMAZING  PEOPLE  DON'T  LIKE  OUR  REPORTS  SO  THEY  MAKE  ANOTHER  SANDY  POND  THREAD   :roflmao: THAT  AIN'T  GOING  TO  MAKE  THICKER  ICE!!!!!

Offline wert

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #1576 on: Feb 19, 2012, 09:48 AM »
8 replys on page 87. no ice thickness report on any replys . ma be we need another thread to find ice conditions thickness  ect, sometimes to much bs going on!!!! sooooo

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #1577 on: Feb 19, 2012, 10:30 AM »
WHATS  AMAZING  PEOPLE  DON'T  LIKE  OUR  REPORTS  SO  THEY  MAKE  ANOTHER  SANDY  POND  THREAD   :roflmao: THAT  AIN'T  GOING  TO  MAKE  THICKER  ICE!!!!!
It don't?!?!! :whistle: :woot: :roflmao:

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1578 on: Feb 19, 2012, 12:44 PM »
8 replys on page 87. no ice thickness report on any replys . ma be we need another thread to find ice conditions thickness  ect, sometimes to much bs going on!!!! sooooo

maybe  because  were  smart  enough  not  to  walk  out  on ice  and  drill  holes     for  your  lazy  butt   after  we  been  saying  it's  bad   for a  week  wert   what  do  ya  think????  ......don't  be  a knucklehead  ...

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1579 on: Feb 19, 2012, 01:22 PM »
currently  recomended equipment  for  walking  on  sandy  pond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-YGMMu7B8

wert  is  it   getting  clear  what  were  telling  you  yet????

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1580 on: Feb 19, 2012, 02:01 PM »
For those asking about the ice.  I posted the pic below (along with several others) last week.
This pic was taken after one of the coldest nights we've had in a while, but the snow fell later that morning a couple hours before I took the pic.
See all the open water?   If it wouldn't lock when it was near zero do you think it's all that good now?
Gee, we haven't had a continuous stretch longer than 24hrs, with below freezing temps since, we have however had 2 days of rain, 2 days of bright sun & 40+

I fish there a lot, I'm nutz and do some stupid stuff, this weekend however I went somewhere else.
Get the picture?

There will always be some locals that either live on or spend everyday on that ice that may be out, however if you have to ask conditions, you probably don't know it well enough to be out there.

That pic was the Elms normally one of the more crowded spots, it was taken last Sunday at 1pm.  Have you ever seen it COMPLETELY empty in the middle of the day on the weekend, on a very cold day in the middle of Feb?

Why do you think that is?
Anyone?

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1581 on: Feb 19, 2012, 02:04 PM »
currently  recomended equipment  for  walking  on  sandy  pond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-YGMMu7B8

wert  is  it   getting  clear  what  were  telling  you  yet????

Trapp why you giving away my secret?  I gotta set, then I got one of those pakshack folding chair shelters & bungee cord it to my _______ walk out and filp the roof.  Legs get tired after a while though

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1582 on: Feb 19, 2012, 02:13 PM »
I'm just repeating what I was just told by someone fishing out there right now.

"There's 3" of ice."

There's a measurement for ya...

Since there's so many new guys this yr looking for info, It would prob. be a good idea to also post the ice softens VERY quickly during the day.  Lots of it is already honeycombed.  May be hard at 6am noon may be a completely different story.

Offline wert

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #1583 on: Feb 19, 2012, 03:46 PM »
da ice is frozen where da water is reely hard da!!!!!!

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #1584 on: Feb 19, 2012, 08:35 PM »
Thanks Bcons!  Some of us a watching the ice conditions and wondering if we can bring our kids out on the ice.  Thanks for a straight answer.

Offline lonefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1585 on: Feb 20, 2012, 05:05 AM »
For those asking about the ice.  I posted the pic below (along with several others) last week.
This pic was taken after one of the coldest nights we've had in a while, but the snow fell later that morning a couple hours before I took the pic.
See all the open water?   If it wouldn't lock when it was near zero do you think it's all that good now?
Gee, we haven't had a continuous stretch longer than 24hrs, with below freezing temps since, we have however had 2 days of rain, 2 days of bright sun & 40+

I fish there a lot, I'm nutz and do some stupid stuff, this weekend however I went somewhere else.
Get the picture?

There will always be some locals that either live on or spend everyday on that ice that may be out, however if you have to ask conditions, you probably don't know it well enough to be out there.

That pic was the Elms normally one of the more crowded spots, it was taken last Sunday at 1pm.  Have you ever seen it COMPLETELY empty in the middle of the day on the weekend, on a very cold day in the middle of Feb?

Why do you think that is?
Anyone?
(Image removed from quote.)
:clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :icefish:
you can't rollerskate in a buffalo heard

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #1586 on: Feb 20, 2012, 07:05 AM »
Hey guys, I got an idea that may cut down on the "how thick's the ice?"  I noticed there was not a sandy pond thread on the Reports and conditions board. I just started one. Put all ice thickness reports there and then if some one asks, direct them to the R&C board.

here it is:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=221901.0

This way, you can continue all chatting here hopefully with out getting "how thicks the ice?" every 5 posts.  ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline gill catcher13126

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1587 on: Feb 20, 2012, 07:36 AM »
Hey guys, I got an idea that may cut down on the "how thick's the ice?"  I noticed there was not a sandy pond thread on the Reports and conditions board. I just started one. Put all ice thickness reports there and then if some one asks, direct them to the R&C board.

here it is:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=221901.0

This way, you can continue all chatting here hopefully with out getting "how thicks the ice?" every 5 posts.  ;D

thanks adkroy  ;D
if there there ill catch em

Offline Gizmoto

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1588 on: Feb 20, 2012, 08:06 AM »
When does everyone think ice out will happen? 

Offline wert

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #1589 on: Feb 20, 2012, 11:02 AM »
 yea kp  ilive close icheck da pond most every day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.