New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392876 times)

Offline appleman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #1440 on: Feb 05, 2012, 08:30 PM »
6 of us fished behind spsh sat. we went out about 100 yards. the ice was solid but REALLY didnt look good. we were on a solid 4 inches but there were some bad spots. if you go out use extreme caution. the fishing was slow but we did get a couple of pike.
Team Roundhole LLC....

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1441 on: Feb 05, 2012, 09:57 PM »
any reports on GP
Are you serious  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1442 on: Feb 05, 2012, 10:45 PM »
was up to gp and there was 6 solid inches of black ice. shore line is a lil tricky but not too bad. fishing was slow but got a few good perch and my first pike ever ice fishing and it was on my jiggin rod. my tipups where goin off pretty steady whith pike hittin shiners and buckeyes

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #1443 on: Feb 06, 2012, 04:24 AM »
Shoreline access at Greene Point 1st pic behind the pole barn, 2nd pic the marina

(Image removed from quote.)

Man is that ugly looking for early February...strange year..   great story boggey.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #1444 on: Feb 06, 2012, 05:39 AM »
It wasn't like that yesterday...I am a safety nut and it was solid...the spots where it had previously split and separated were locked up with good black Ice...it did make for some cool looking Ice designs...you could have played Hockey out there it was smooth...

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1445 on: Feb 06, 2012, 08:27 AM »
It wasn't like that yesterday...I am a safety nut and it was solid...the spots where it had previously split and separated were locked up with good black Ice...it did make for some cool looking Ice designs...you could have played Hockey out there it was smooth...

That pic was 1pm yest. Sunday.   Yes out on the ice it was all locked, the shoreline however wasn't.    Did you look at the other pics I posted? They were all yesterday.  Should be the same thing you saw, 80 yards in from the end of the point into the bay was good black ice although freaky looking and some of the cracking was unsettling when it popped under your feet.

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1446 on: Feb 06, 2012, 11:20 AM »
Huh...I went on to the right of that underneather the light pole...definitely looked weird in spots but was solid...I don't remember it looking like that but that is probably why I went on the ice to the right of that...yeah you could see out there where it had split and refroze about 6-8 yards wide, that looked weird but it was good black ice...fishing was slow though...definitely a year to remember...

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1447 on: Feb 06, 2012, 01:56 PM »
You talking about the crack right down the center of the bay?  That looked freaky walking up to it.

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1448 on: Feb 06, 2012, 03:42 PM »
You talking about the crack right down the center of the bay?  That looked freaky walking up to it.

Yeah it did...there was a hole already cut there when we walked up to it plus a friend of ours was standing there fishing right next to it on the other side...he is about 230-240 and said it was good...just a little less than the rest of the bay...I actually set up on the edge of it thinking maybe it was part of a channel there but caught the same amount of dinks as I did over by the honey hole...with it being 50 today doesnt feel much like winter...

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #1449 on: Feb 06, 2012, 07:11 PM »
The up coming temps sure look good boys. saturday and sunday have a high of 18 degrees. and lows of 7. We should be back in business

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1450 on: Feb 06, 2012, 07:25 PM »
The up coming temps sure look good boys. saturday and sunday have a high of 18 degrees. and lows of 7. We should be back in business

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  As long as that nasty west wind across the open water didn't tear up too much today while it was sunny & 50.

Offline lonefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1451 on: Feb 06, 2012, 08:43 PM »
man i hope so  :tipup:
you can't rollerskate in a buffalo heard

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1452 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:48 PM »
A quick pond pc from sunday..... I love bringing my little man and Wifey out with me. Proud dad here. ;D

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1453 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:55 PM »
A quick pond pc from sunday..... I love bringing my little man and Wifey out with me. Proud dad here. ;D

Shore ice was broken up, but first steps on solid ice was solid 4-8" all day long. Never worried more than normal about quality and integrity of ice all day.

Offline Mowser4104

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1454 on: Feb 07, 2012, 05:34 AM »
awesome picture it's always nice to have your family enjoy your day on the ice also.
Life's to short live it as if you don't have tomarrow.

Offline jigarap14617

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1455 on: Feb 07, 2012, 09:54 AM »
always nice to see the kids out for some fun on the ice

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1456 on: Feb 07, 2012, 02:14 PM »
Any reports from the pond today? Thinking of heading out tomorrow am....

Offline perch picker50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1457 on: Feb 07, 2012, 06:45 PM »
i was thinking of walking out off wigwam sat hows the ice out there cuz taking me with his sonis it safe i will post pics and ice con

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1458 on: Feb 08, 2012, 12:21 AM »
gp has 6-8 inches of black ice

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #1459 on: Feb 08, 2012, 04:17 AM »
Wow  :woot: . What got you all fired up. Did the rooster crow to early this mourning? You know you wont take the money from caphook 88 and I. We haven't been fishing its like holding a steak in front of a dog for three weeks then when he gets loose its all over he's going to get that steak and nothings going to stop him. I might have to shut the night lights off and figure out how to catch those perch again but we will prevail.  :flex: :flex: :flex: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Offline hoyt313

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1460 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:26 AM »
i can see all this being kept off the ice this year is making yall loopy! good luck to all!

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1461 on: Feb 08, 2012, 08:10 AM »
Just a comment for those looking to get out on the pond & ice conditions. 
Please pay attention & be careful!

Look back a couple pages at the pics I posted about the open water & ice conditions.  Temps have been great at night, but daytime still above freezing until this weekend.  Last Sunday no one was fishing anywhere on the main pond more than 100yards offshore, again look at the pics.  Greene Point was good ice as long as you didn't go near the end of the point, that was all open water.  With the coming weekend great cold temps, however some snow also, just pay attention.  I'm certainly not saying don't go, if I'm not on Oneida I'll be out there somewhere.
Good luck

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1462 on: Feb 08, 2012, 01:23 PM »
These cold temperatures have been a Godsend to us pond regulars, not with standing the normal safety reservations and warming weather comcerns on Friday. If as projected we get a light snow rain mix for part of the day will it hurt the recent build we have experienced. As most of you know Big Bucks has rescheduled the 2 man tournament  to the 18 th. A look at the temps after Friday evening is great. My personal opinion is the 2 man is back on and Big Sunny and I are ready to spend the first place money. So eddy and herald, start saving your money for the entry fee, FM and Coach, keep practicin, bcon and catch do what you do best,talk. Pondskipper and Capn hook sorry there is no night division, any other pretenders? Cuse, you and Matt? I am waiting for this week end results to confirm the pond has healed but feel good about it. Don't forget guys there is a big event on the pond this week end and a lot of family oriented events are scheduled  with the Winter Carnival, Hopefully they will get enough snow Friday night for the dog sled rides on Sat and Sunday at least.

Think I've heard a lot more talking from you than anybody else. Sorry Boggey ;)
It'll eat.

Offline perchslayer25

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Workin' is over rated, instead im fishing
« Reply #1463 on: Feb 08, 2012, 01:28 PM »
Guys, I was at greenspoint today and the lady mentioned she would be willing to put out a dock section for anglers to get over that 4 foot water hole. I was by myself and couldn't offer any help, she asked if I had anyone that could help her.  If you happen to fish there with a buddy or two please stop in and offer her a hand if it isn't out yet!  She does great allowing us to access there!!  Thanks!
If your electronics do not say MarCum you're already too far behind me to catch up!

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1464 on: Feb 08, 2012, 02:31 PM »
Guys, I was at greenspoint today and the lady mentioned she would be willing to put out a dock section for anglers to get over that 4 foot water hole. I was by myself and couldn't offer any help, she asked if I had anyone that could help her.  If you happen to fish there with a buddy or two please stop in and offer her a hand if it isn't out yet!  She does great allowing us to access there!!  Thanks!

I've got friends out there now, I'll call them and share the info. Surely they will help out with that situation.

Offline perchslayer25

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Workin' is over rated, instead im fishing
« Reply #1465 on: Feb 08, 2012, 03:10 PM »
Good work! Little things can make the best of our ice fishing trips!  Stay on top!
If your electronics do not say MarCum you're already too far behind me to catch up!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1466 on: Feb 08, 2012, 05:23 PM »
Boggey I'm fishing with cnyiceboy for the tourney. Matt wants to fish I'm trying to find him a partner.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1467 on: Feb 08, 2012, 05:24 PM »
Started off early this morning on about 4" 100yrds out or so in front of the wigwam. Perch bite was on fire all day until I left at 1:00... They were puking up minnows when I'd pull them out of the hole... Pretty unnerving for an hour or two there when the cracking got started... Finished with a nice limit of yellows and a decent 24.5" Northern for the frying pan ;D  Ice was about the same when I left...

Offline timothymills2012

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1468 on: Feb 08, 2012, 05:58 PM »
I'm hitting sandy pond in the morning!!!Hopefully we can get some perch like that!!!

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1469 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:25 PM »
I'm hitting sandy pond in the morning!!!Hopefully we can get some perch like that!!!

If the ice holds up you should have no problem...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.