The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: 🎏 🎣 THREE, FOUR, FIVE 🎣 🎏  (Read 2268 times)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
🎏 🎣 THREE, FOUR, FIVE 🎣 🎏
« on: Mar 01, 2015, 07:54 PM »
The day started with some cold air & pink skies. -3 @ 5am, yup I'm ready for +0 temps 😆 upper teens for lows will suffice 👍 The bite was great for the first few hours! The mid day bite a bit slower . The late day bite, non existent 👎. All in all a decent day with 6-7 bass 3-4 pickerel. Best bass were in the 3's - 4's - 5's (see photos) sorry about the exposure, bright white clouds messing up the shots.  Sunrise came out good though. I was in slow motion turtle speed today, snail speed now lol! New bibs came in handy with the snow 👍I think I'm gonna get the jacket soon (if the wife feels generous) I'm confident though 😆🙊Hope to see y'all soon!

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
Re: 🎏 🎣 THREE, FOUR, FIVE 🎣 🎏
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2015, 08:09 PM »
Way to go Keith.  Nice fish.  Truck is getting fixed this week 👍  I'll be on the ice next weekend for sure.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2015, 08:23 PM »
And again :thumbsup:
MA

Offline craiger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swedish steel is for real
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2015, 08:37 PM »
Well done sir, you and that body of water hardly ever disappoint. 

Offline teamtrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2015, 08:51 PM »
Alright, it seems like every week you have a post showing tons of huge bass. Whats the secret?!! Your spots are your spots, but at least let us in on what bait you use, or something  :)

Seriously nice fish there. Good job!

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2015, 09:15 PM »
Alright, it seems like every week you have a post showing tons of huge bass. Whats the secret?!! Your spots are your spots, but at least let us in on what bait you use, or something  :)

Seriously nice fish there. Good job!

Look back through his posts his spot is NO secret.  He uses jumbo shiners or suckers 5-6" sometimes 9".  He uses 3/0 octopus hooks with 20# floro leaders.  He starts 1' above the weeds and works his way up.  Done the same thing he does 20' away before.  He has the magic touch.  He should change his name to TheBassWhisperer.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2015, 09:19 PM »
WTG nice fish :thumbsup: you should qualify for bassmasters someday :thumbsup:

Offline PanFi$her

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2015, 09:26 PM »
Dang!

Offline Bigbellybilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bigbellybilly
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2015, 09:35 PM »
Nice fish and great pics wish could've made it out with you. Taking care of dad have meeting tomorrow to set everything up they got his ashes back today will talk to you later in week.
Bigbelly

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2015, 04:53 AM »
Look back through his posts his spot is NO secret.  He uses jumbo shiners or suckers 5-6" sometimes 9".  He uses 3/0 octopus hooks with 20# floro leaders.  He starts 1' above the weeds and works his way up.  Done the same thing he does 20' away before.  He has the magic touch.  He should change his name to TheBassWhisperer.
if your gonna speak for me, at least get it right :-) hook size is 2/0 on 4 , & 3/0 on one, sometimes one with a 4/0 . leader line is 30# fluorocarbon. Main line 45# green. If anyone wants to know details? Get yourself some bait and join on the ice. 👍

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2015, 05:44 AM »
 :clap: :bow: :clap:

Offline craiger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2015, 06:26 AM »

Let's not overlook the time factor.  Aren't too many guys out there dawn to dusk at least two days a week.  I'm not trying to say Keith is just lucky, but luck will favor those who put in the time. 

:bow:

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2015, 06:36 AM »
   NICE Bass MillBilly !   :woot: :thumbsup:

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
Re: THREE, FOUR, FIVE
« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:35 AM »
Well done Keith. You were in turtle mode And I couldn't get out of park. Not even after I got your text of the sunrise and the fish.  :-\. I think last weekend on the big lake and all the early cold morinings being in the school bus buisness fianlly caught up. Nice job man. Way to get them. I'll make up for it next weekend for sure. ;D ;D
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2015, 08:02 AM »
if your gonna speak for me, at least get it right :-) hook size is 2/0 on 4 , & 3/0 on one, sometimes one with a 4/0 . leader line is 30# fluorocarbon. Main line 45# green. If anyone wants to know details? Get yourself some bait and join on the ice. 👍

Your hook size varies.

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2015, 09:11 AM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
Re: THREE, FOUR, FIVE
« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2015, 11:04 AM »
Well done Keith. You were in turtle mode And I couldn't get out of park. Not even after I got your text of the sunrise and the fish.  :-\. I think last weekend on the big lake and all the early cold morinings being in the school bus buisness fianlly caught up. Nice job man. Way to get them. I'll make up for it next weekend for sure. ;D ;D
I feel for ya Jeff, I'm betting your correct on the north trip playing a part in your pain etc. I hope your feeling better soon my friend. PLENTY of time left 👍👍22 inches isn't going anywhere fast.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2015, 11:06 AM »
Nice bass again keith, you always seem to get the bucket mouths of the larger varity, great job.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2015, 11:11 AM »
Let's not overlook the time factor.  Aren't too many guys out there dawn to dusk at least two days a week.  I'm not trying to say Keith is just lucky, but luck will favor those who put in the time. 

:bow:
this year I'm averaging 1 day a week with both weekend days. I have done some 2 day weekdays but not to often. I will say being out 5am to 5pm plays a big part. Morning & afternoon bites. I would say luck is NOT a factor (life has proved that lol) we shall see when I'm not in my "lucky orange coat&bibs " got my new striker bibs & just ordered the striker jacket.

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2015, 11:20 AM »
keep up the vibe man. I may get out there this weekend. u fishing both days keith?

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2015, 11:21 AM »
Nice bass again keith, you always seem to get the bucket mouths of the larger varity, great job.
Thanks, I do my best when I can. Bait size, bait placement, clear leaders, green main line, hook size to match bait, constantly checking and waking up bait helps allot too. Also fishing ponds with big bass helps a bit too 😆 My theory is, if the guy next to you is doing well all day and your not, ask them to share techniques and gear info. That's what I did years ago. I've been asked and I've shared it all. Some will take advice & some will not. To each their own and that's ok too. I stopped using black steel leaders about 4-5 years ago, buddy still uses them and complains that he doesn't catch many fish (20 feet away from my setup) Hmmm maybe try fluorocarbon leaders, or not, it doesn't effect my day 👍😆👍

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #21 on: Mar 02, 2015, 11:22 AM »
keep up the vibe man. I may get out there this weekend. u fishing both days keith?
Even if Ed has to pull me around I'll be there both days. (If Ed fishes lol)

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 02, 2015, 11:46 AM »
Even if Ed has to pull me around I'll be there both days. (If Ed fishes lol)

I'll be there.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #23 on: Mar 02, 2015, 01:04 PM »
I'll be there.
I'm holding you to it! :-)

Offline ALMA0930

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 02, 2015, 03:00 PM »
what are you going to do with the lucky coat and bibs ??? if you don't need them, I will take them. cant hurt !   some great fish pics...

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Mar 02, 2015, 03:26 PM »
what are you going to do with the lucky coat and bibs ??? if you don't need them, I will take them. cant hurt !   some great fish pics...

Ice Fishing Hall of Fame has already laid claim to them.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #26 on: Mar 02, 2015, 06:20 PM »
The bibs are ready for the big pond in the sky. Zipper broken, not wind or waterproof anymore. The coat is still perfect, I'll use it as a backup for friends or family that come out on frigid days with a crappy coat.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #27 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:32 PM »
 I think you should put it on a manican and replace the one they push out there. MillBillyMan statue on the RIP.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #28 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:49 PM »
I think you should put it on a manican and replace the one they push out there. MillBillyMan statue on the RIP.
lol me and I think Bryan were talking about that. Super glue it on lol

Offline craiger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Mar 02, 2015, 08:29 PM »
Ha!  Get him some proper boots while you're at it :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.