The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: 1000 acre swamp report  (Read 1096 times)

Offline magsthedog

• IceShanty Rookie
1000 acre swamp report
« on: Mar 01, 2013, 04:24 PM »
     it was a pretty slow day.  friend got a decent pick and a small bass.  I got about 30 four inch yellows.  About 14 inches of ice in the middle with the shore locked up tight.  the highlight of the day was buying bait at Tafts Tackle and getting to see the monster pike the kid caught. wicked sweet fish!

Offline stitch

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 1000 acre swamp report
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2013, 04:07 PM »
1000 acres has been hit REAL HARD the last 3 yrs by some people that keep every fishthey catch.it used to be agreat place for big bas and pearch,but like all good spots the jig hordes found it.

Offline tomb raider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2013, 07:27 PM »
Yup this is what they look like

👴👵👨👨👨👨👨🇷🇺

Offline magsthedog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2013, 07:57 PM »
     Thats too bad. It is off the beaten path so i figured it would have had potential.  I have never seen so many tiny perch in one day.  Maybe in a couple years it will be productive again

Offline REDGIANT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2013, 11:26 PM »
1000 acres has been hit REAL HARD the last 3 yrs by some people that keep every fishthey catch.it used to be a great place for big bass and perch,but like all good spots the jig hordes found it.

Not only was this happening, but there was also some drought and beaver damage.  This was one of my most favorite places to fish, either on the hard or soft water.  One time, a few years ago, we went to fish it and the swamp had emptied quite a bit.  Saw some nice fish struggling and some even dead in the mud.  Very sad as this was once a great bass fishery.  :-\
TIP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.