The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: 4 holes... 4 inches...4 feet... 4 minutes... 4 get it ...  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Jig4perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hi Guys,

I stopped by Lake Ellis on my way thru Athol today.  Since I know the lake... I decided to check out the ice in an area that is 3 - 5 feet deep.  My findings, although encouraging, left me a tad apprehensive about ice fishing on Tuesday.   

I cut 4 holes, each with about 4 inches of ice in 4 feet of water and jigged for about 4 minutes ... and said 4GET IT.   Although I would normally be comfortable fishing on 4 inches of good ice... this ice has the consistency of 7 Eleven SLURPY.   

If I decide to fish on Tuesday I will wear my waders ... fish in 3 feet of water, put my cell phone in a sealed plastic bag, wear a life preserver, tie a rope around my waste, and the other end to my trailer hitch and have my fishing buddy keep the truck running and in gear.   

On second thought ... maybe I will wait for a more and better ice.

Weight4 Ice2fishon

Offline masshills

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 4 holes... 4 inches...4 feet... 4 minutes... 4 get it ...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:23 PM »
I agree.

Offline ALMA0930

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2013, 05:59 AM »
thanks for the ice report. i have been on vaca for the past week patiently waiting for the big freeze but i dont trust any of the ice yet....hopefully by the weekend.

Offline finatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • For how can one fool make another wise? Kansas
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2013, 06:07 AM »
 we in Pa. are waiting for "more better ice" too...lol   hope you get it soon...addictictions are to overcome..that rope idea didn't sound too smart! fin

Offline Jig4perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2013, 07:03 AM »
Hello Finatic,

I noticed your "Beltzville"  reference.  Is that Beltzville reservoir?  I fished it last spring ... caught a couple small stripers.  Interesting water ... DEEP.  BTW ...Good looking labs in your picture ... I bet they would rather be duck hunting!

Weight4 Ice2fishon

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2013, 08:01 AM »
Good to see you back on the site. I'm heading out your way today to gather my gear and scout some spots. Keep in touch. I'm thinking about getting a flasher...
Cheers,

Pete

Offline ICE SPANKSTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2013, 12:55 AM »
4,4,4,4,4, a 7-11 slurpy is just as good!!!! so just bein out matches that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.