The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Moved To Worcester. Looking for Fishermen.  (Read 608 times)

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Moved To Worcester. Looking for Fishermen.
« on: Nov 15, 2011, 08:13 AM »
Hi guys,
  Since last season I have moved from North Central Mass, to Worcester for work reasons. I am getting ready for the ice fishing season and just wanted to throw it out there that I will be in the worcester area this season. If anyone wants to get together for some fishing feel free to let me know. I have all my own gear/auger/shanty. Unfortunately I lost my ice fishing buddy this year as well as he has moved out west to Montana. So anyways, feel free to respond here or hit me with a PM.
Cheers,

Pete

Offline boulderdash

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Moved To Worcester. Looking for Fishermen.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2011, 08:19 AM »
i dont think you will have a problem ,there are alot of shanty guys who fish flint pond ,a-1 and chauncy.

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2011, 08:25 AM »
I hope you're right. I was a little worried about it this year. Not as much fun going alone.
Cheers,

Pete

Offline F.R.E.D.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:41 PM »
I'm in the area.  ;)

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2011, 10:16 PM »
I am just a little North and lost my fishing buddy of 26 years to ALS... Happy to get out with you this season.

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2011, 04:05 AM »
i'm always looking to get out also. put me on your buddy list. i'm not too far away.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2011, 06:11 AM »
Hey man, I see your in Gardner, im about 5 minutes further down rt 2 in Phillipston. I go with my cousin alot, and you are more than welcome to come along. If any other shanty members are in the area please feel free to hit me. Would be great to meet/fish with you guys.

I like to hit up alot of the local ponds/lakes: Comet, Brigham, Moosehorn, Damons, Mattawa, and sometimes trek out to concord and hit up Whites (not very often tho, the walk/parking sux if its not plowed, and no gas augers allowed)
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2011, 07:24 AM »
I am just a little North and lost my fishing buddy of 26 years to ALS... Happy to get out with you this season.

Sorry to hear. I lost an uncle a few years back to the same disease. Terrible thing. However, I have fished out in Athol a few times. I wouldn't mind the drive out there from Worcester as long as I was staying the day. I have done Mattawa and Shawmut which I think is near there. I'll PM you my contact info so we can coordinate. I'm available most weekends.
Cheers,

Pete

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2011, 07:25 AM »
Hey man, I see your in Gardner, im about 5 minutes further down rt 2 in Phillipston. I go with my cousin alot, and you are more than welcome to come along. If any other shanty members are in the area please feel free to hit me. Would be great to meet/fish with you guys.

I like to hit up alot of the local ponds/lakes: Comet, Brigham, Moosehorn, Damons, Mattawa, and sometimes trek out to concord and hit up Whites (not very often tho, the walk/parking sux if its not plowed, and no gas augers allowed)

Thanks! I am no longer in Gardner. I moved to Worcester but I know the area well. Fished it for years. I have been to all those spots you mentioned. My guess would be that Brigham will ice over soonest. PM me your info and we can make a plan to head out.
Cheers,

Pete

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2011, 07:46 AM »
Brigham and Comet usually ice up the fastest. Id say from shore to 100ft out on comet from the boat ramp is all 5-10 ft deep.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2011, 11:01 AM »
Brigham yes. Comet is slower to freeze because of the wind up on that hill. But that all depends on the weather. Comet is pretty shallow on that end but gets about 60' deep towards the middle. interesting body of water.
Cheers,

Pete

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.