The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: New Shanty  (Read 475 times)

Offline Lawman

• IceShanty Rookie
New Shanty
« on: Jan 26, 2011, 01:39 PM »
 To The fella who bought the shanty with out his wife. She should be glad you are spending quality time with your daughter & carrying on the sport of fishing. I will soon be 69 and have seenour outdoor recreation for youngsters dimish over the years. Good Luck this weekend & hope your little girl wins something and you both catch alot of fish. Catch what you can eat & throw the Rest back.   
                                                                                                                                                      LOL Lawman

Offline tomb raider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New Shanty
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2011, 02:35 PM »
To The fella who bought the shanty with out his wife. She should be glad you are spending quality time with your daughter & carrying on the sport of fishing. I will soon be 69 and have seenour outdoor recreation for youngsters dimish over the years. Good Luck this weekend & hope your little girl wins something and you both catch alot of fish. Catch what you can eat & throw the Rest back.   
                                                                                                                                                      LOL Lawman

Welcome to the Shanty..

Thanks...My daughter(11) is a real trooper. I say to my kids everytime we go, Did you pray to the Fish God last night? AKA There Grandfather to help you catch some fish.

I too have noticed that kids today are just playing video games and on the computer and not enjoying the outdoors. I will do anything to get my children out of the house and enjoy the outdoors and nature just like my father did with me.

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:11 PM »
RE: Kids...  I have such fond memories when I brought my kids Ice fishing and taught them the Dos and Don'ts. I agree, this generation and previous one are going to suffer from significant arthritis in the thumbs from all the damn video controllers!

I am still teaching and enjoying the kids though!  Will be doing it this Sunday.. see this post!  It's awesome!

Flaggs!

BTW: Welcome!
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=176541.0
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline Jack978

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Teaching kids is what its about.  My daughter used to go with me..till I got embarrasing...my son goes with me almost every time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.