The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: $10,000 fish  (Read 1668 times)

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
$10,000 fish
« on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:06 PM »
I entered a tourny today @valley springs sportsman club in thompson ct. $50 to enter allowed just 2 lines , well out of 20 tagged fish put in the pond 3 were caught. out of those 3 The 10 grand fish was caught :o :o (not by me) :'( :'(
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
Re: $10,000 fish
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:14 AM »
damn bigbry..close but no cigar

better luck next time

good to see ya at joslin..

burp

lenz

Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:18 AM »
0 for two in the last tourneys, gotta lose this skunk

Offline Sackless Pro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:53 AM »
i wonder what a $10,000 fish looks like :unsure:

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2010, 09:46 AM »
i wonder what a $10,000 fish looks like :unsure:
                                                                                                                                                                     seen him in a pail looked to be around 3lbs,nice trout, they loaded the place with trout up to 10 lbs.        lot of guys loosing them at the hole.

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2010, 01:53 PM »
Too bad ya didn't get him Bry.....You could have used the dough for a new quad to pull that nice new sled ya had!!! Good seeing you at Joslin, have a great rest of year.

Don

Offline Iceholes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Quest for the Gold Flag
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Now there is one way to keep the wife off my back for wanting to fish too much....come home with $10grand! ::)

Offline elevatorman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Cynical people make bad friends.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2010, 05:17 PM »
HEY BIGBRY  I UNDERSTAND A GUY FROM UNCASVILLE WON THE BIG MONEY ? OVER 200 PEOPLE ATTENDED PROBABLY A LITTLE BIT CROWDED NO? SMALL POND DOWN THERE . OVER 8000 RAISED FOR GRIFFIN YOUTH HOCKEY HATS OFF TO ALL WHO ATTENDED MAYBE NEXT ILL BE ABLE TO ATTEND.BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME?
A Country boy can Survive.

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2010, 07:50 AM »
its a little crowded but you only get 2 lines in the water, they pre drilled all the holes too, and they had holes everywhere. That pond is roughly 1 and a half football fields in size but is up to 40 feet deep in the middle,even the edges are about a one to one slope.Nice breakfast buffet too.  At the end of the derby they have to call in the numbers of the caught tags to dallas texas, to see if any match the winning number.,they originally said none matched ,so then they opened the sealed envelope the tourny director had been sent and one of the numbers did match, they got it straightened out very quickly,and the guy got his ten grand.this is very strictly monitored by Ct DEP too. They were there for the stocking.

Offline elevatorman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Cynical people make bad friends.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2010, 02:44 PM »
its a little crowded but you only get 2 lines in the water, they pre drilled all the holes too, and they had holes everywhere. That pond is roughly 1 and a half football fields in size but is up to 40 feet deep in the middle,even the edges are about a one to one slope.Nice breakfast buffet too.  At the end of the derby they have to call in the numbers of the caught tags to dallas texas, to see if any match the winning number.,they originally said none matched ,so then they opened the sealed envelope the tourny director had been sent and one of the numbers did match, they got it straightened out very quickly,and the guy got his ten grand.this is very strictly monitored by Ct DEP too. They were there for the stocking.
I definetly want to make it to that derby next year. has anyone been fishing quaddick you know thinking of heading there on sunday  blackpond on saturday caught a couple of nice browns there early season thanks for the insight on that derby clarified alot of rumours.
A Country boy can Survive.

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2010, 02:54 PM »
fished quaddick yesterday,ice is ok but the water is low,low ,low,!!!!!!! lowest ive ever seen it. i like black pond , the last week to fish it. too bad because it holds ice forever.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.