Author Topic: Dawson lake anyone interested ???  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dawson lake anyone interested ???
« on: Jan 03, 2011, 10:21 PM »
Going to Dawson lake or moraine view state park whatever you like to call it. Is anyone interested in meeting up maybe Thursday or Friday??
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline Fish81156

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Dawson lake anyone interested ???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2011, 10:56 PM »
 I see your from Clinton, the club I belong to Arlington Anglers has an outing twice a year on Clinton Lake. I know this is a little off subject but by any chance do you know any local guides of bait shops that would have someone willing to do a seminar for the club at Camp Quest on Clinton. We've been going there for years and never thought about a seminar at the lake till this year. To have someone come to a club meeting to talk about the lake they would have to travel 175 miles for a 2 1/2 seminar not to many guides interested.  Thanks for any help in advance and Good Luck on the ice.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:31 AM »
I'll be in Iowa but maybe a week from then on Friday.

I think Paul Center guides Clinton a bit. If I got name right.... See Larry's Fishing Reports.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2011, 07:32 AM »
Steve Welch used to guide Clinton a bit, but he is primarly on Shelbyville. Thats the only one I know off the top of my head, I dont remember seeing any guide services at the bait shops either. Sorry not much help!
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline Fish81156

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2011, 02:14 PM »
Appreciate the Help guys I'll try to contact both of them.

Offline grizzlyg2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:04 PM »
how much ice is over there?  are you still planning on going?  i have never hard water fished there, and it has been years since i was there, but we could meet somewhere and go over.

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2011, 08:25 PM »
All my home bodys of water have 4 to 5 1/2 inches except for some open water in the middle of weldon springs and the nuke lake of course, I have not been there yet to check but I do plan on driving over to find out! I open water fished there two years ago and have wanted to go back.  So worse case senerio no ice best we fish! I work on call with the RR but i plan on being off friday to fish for sure, let me know if you are interested. 
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline grizzlyg2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2011, 10:24 AM »
i am up for going , either to dawson or evergreen, any time is fine,  my email is [email protected]

Offline lobhater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:38 AM »
I'm thinking about getting out and doing a little late afternoon/night fishing at either Dawson or Evergreen. The past three trips I have taken were at Dawson and the results were less than stellar so I'm leaning towards giving Evergreen a try. Would like to have someone to hang out with out there but if I end up going solo I'll let you guys know how it goes. If any one is interested in meeting up around 3 send me a message and maybe we can team up on em.

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:01 PM »
grizzlyg2 it was a good day in my book even thought we did not slaughter em!!! had a good time none the less!!
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline bigchubbyD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:43 PM »
hows the ice on dawson?

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:03 PM »
went to evergreen instead!! ice was 5 inches in one cove rest was iffy still be carefull!!! pray for arctic air!
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline lobhater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2011, 10:15 PM »
Only 5 in. on Evergreen?!?! that sucks! Thought there would be more by now. I have a spot I want to try that isn't in a cove. I guess tomorrow I'll have to see for myself just how much ice there is outside of the coves. Did you get into the fish while you were there?

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:14 AM »
Lobhater let us know how you do!!! We did not get on the fish unfortunately, however anyone interested I am going again on Monday!! Give us a new ice report if you can
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline lobhater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Alright, here is my evergreen report. SLOW. There was open water about 25 yards away from where I wanted to fish so I had to go exploring. I have been around the lake numerous times in a boat but trying to find your way down to some of the coves without never having been there on foot before was a little trickier than I thought it would be. After a long hike with too much gear and a brief few steps on 3 inches of perimeter ice I set up in 12-20 foot of water on a good 7-8 inches of solid ice. Had 1 flag, no fish. and then just as I was about to pack up with many fish marked but no takers the slip bobber on the pole next to me shot down and after a brief fight up came a 13 3/4 inch eye. Just small enough to have to go back. Over all for the 3 and a half hours I was there it was pretty uneventful. I think I'll try my luck on Dawson today. If anyone wants to meet up Ill be out there in a black back shack with all black gear on. I'm heading out in about 3 hours. Come say hi or send me a message and we can meet up.

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Evergreen on Monday anyone game??
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline grizzlyg2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2011, 10:04 AM »
i am planning on going, see ya there

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 09, 2011, 07:45 PM »
I will be at evergreen tomorrow. Hopefully my spot is safe. I will have my recon and drive a silver jeep liberty.
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:23 PM »
I will be there around 930 gotta drop kids off at school then drive up. I have a blue ford expedition and a glens hub shelter. Intend to fish out of the campground boat launch beach area, if not there then around the lake to the south boat launch cove!
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Perfect. I'm doing the same time and place.
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:53 AM »
I got two reports the spot is still hot. I'll be there with some jig hooks and a couple flies for you. Like before noon.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 10, 2011, 06:01 PM »
i was out there today!!  found one hole that panned out lol! i was the guy in all brown cover alls
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline lobhater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 10, 2011, 06:52 PM »
I hit up Dawson Lake this weekend and found the fishing to be just as tough as it has been all year so far. (maybe I just don't know what I'm doing!) Any way, everyone I talked to out there was saying pretty much the same thing. I'm sure I'll still be out next weekend either at Dawson or Evergreen to try my luck again. I know last year at this time is when both lakes started to produce for me. I would be interested to know what the ice is looking like at Evergreen, haven't heard much about it since I was out on Friday. Thanks

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Ice is good in the boat launch area, I watched two guys take off across the lake on foot and they made it back dry so thats good I guess lol!  I fished 4 hrs today and did ok Not great by any means!!
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline lobhater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 10, 2011, 10:14 PM »
which boat ramp did they take off from? When I was there on Friday there was still a lot of open water on the big portion of the lake by the ramp across from the pump house.

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:49 AM »
Camp ground beach launch around the island. Yes the pump house is running people use your noggin especially with the snow cover!
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2011, 12:28 PM »
Was there yesterday with a few guys. Did OK but had to work and drill till we found them. Ice is iffy in a few places right next to shore. Careful if you head out.
HUH?

Offline grizzlyg2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 12, 2011, 02:12 PM »
going friday morning,  any ideas where to go at evergreen?

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 12, 2011, 08:58 PM »
Lot of iffy ice after the thaw. I'd hang in with where others are. Main channels looked pretty thin Monday.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 13, 2011, 05:11 AM »
Evergreen News Flash.... Closed for deer management hunt this weekend. Friday thru Sunday I think.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.