Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2018  (Read 71811 times)

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2018
« Reply #660 on: Jan 04, 2019, 12:04 PM »
Launching a house house at Cummings is next to impossible, the foot of lake might be your better option
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #661 on: Jan 04, 2019, 12:52 PM »
Our house will be there tomorrow! (If all goes well)
Tippin did you launch from the foot of the lake or Cummings?

Good luck!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #662 on: Jan 04, 2019, 01:41 PM »
Launching a house house at Cummings is next to impossible, the foot of lake might be your better option

Yup...foot of the lake it was! We are out there and will be fishing in the morning! No problems encountered except one ratchet tie down crapped the bed on us...already have a replacement strap for tomorrow.
A few folks stopped by including “mofishin” and a friend  as well as Jeremy as we were setting up and our ol buddy Dragin stopped by at the beach before we launched. He offered to help as is the usual practice of the Circus people! Thanks Dragin! Nice seeing you!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #663 on: Jan 05, 2019, 12:48 PM »
Gave it a half day shot today with no lakers. Saw a dozen on the cams throughout the morning (probably the same 2) but no biters except for early when the silt was stirred up we had one terrorizing the chum. He grabbed my bucktail with sucker meat and by the time I saw him thru the silt I missed hooking him.

Was fun to be out and kick the season off anyway!
We’ll be baaack....

Offline Altonbayicefishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #664 on: Jan 11, 2019, 05:56 AM »
Will there be a 2019 version of the circus this season?
Life is good!

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #665 on: Jan 11, 2019, 06:31 AM »
Will there be a 2019 version of the circus this season?

Was just about to ask myself. Wondering how the whole lake looks as of now?? Getting out in the AM

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #666 on: Jan 11, 2019, 08:18 AM »
North of Mayhew (broads) was open a few days ago and with the winds probably still open...the lower (southern bay) is locked in and making ice.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #667 on: Jan 11, 2019, 09:55 AM »
North of Mayhew (broads) was open a few days ago and with the winds probably still open...the lower (southern bay) is locked in and making ice.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I will be there on Sunday likely!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #668 on: Jan 11, 2019, 10:47 AM »
Wellington launch ice has caught! Looks like all the way over to Mathew.
Didn’t check thickness but it’s a good sign!

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #669 on: Jan 11, 2019, 01:47 PM »
Is the only fishable ice Cummings at the moment? How's Pasquanet Bay side?? Any PMs would be great for ice!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #670 on: Jan 11, 2019, 01:59 PM »
Is the only fishable ice Cummings at the moment? How's Pasquanet Bay side?? Any PMs would be great for ice!

I would imagine Pasquanny is coming along as well but didn't check that side...I wait for the professionals (Jiggin & company) to try "new ice" before I go out there...probably wont be long now...

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #671 on: Jan 11, 2019, 03:13 PM »

Haven’t checked Pasquany yet but it just caught in the last week. Should be good by next weekend. Cummings had 8” last I heard.

Offline Jig60389

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #672 on: Jan 12, 2019, 07:02 PM »
Any consistent perch bites on the lake or is it more of a here and there. Hear they are decent size but worth the drive to target them?

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #673 on: Jan 12, 2019, 08:13 PM »
Any snow on the lake for a sled to pull my gear or is it still walking mostly?
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #674 on: Jan 12, 2019, 08:59 PM »
Any snow on the lake for a sled to pull my gear or is it still walking mostly?

Conditions should be good for a sled on the south end (Cummings)
The broads off Wellington have caught but it’s glare ice.

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #675 on: Jan 13, 2019, 07:49 AM »
Haven’t checked Pasquany yet but it just caught in the last week. Should be good by next weekend. Cummings had 8” last I heard.

Oh nice it's caught at least? Fishing this weekend and it should def be good then if it's caught now

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #676 on: Jan 13, 2019, 09:13 AM »
Oh nice it's caught at least? Fishing this weekend and it should def be good then if it's caught now
Will be checking tomorrow. I’ll let you know what I find.

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #677 on: Jan 14, 2019, 05:15 AM »
Fished it this weekend with my uncle and we put the hammer down and limited out on numerous trout

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #678 on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:58 PM »
I've been trying to finish up the videos from Season 2018 and haven't done so as of yet. There are still a bunch of footage that I need to go through, combine and wrap up the season.
It's been a very busy summer, Between Cutting / stacking wood getting ready for winter, Getting all my ice fishing "to do" list completed before winter, Work (my company relocated to Londonderry from Meredith which i was a part of the design planning committee and had to plan, move and execute the relocation of my team), Traveling for work to various parts of the country / world, getting some quality family time in, trapping bait, then the Holidays came in quickly and afterwards trying to get in as much early ice time as possible, I wasn't able to complete the videos. I'm still picking away at them......

I was also planning to not start a Newfound Circus Season 2019 thread. Reason being is that i was seeing only some of the same folks posting up (nothing wrong with this, I appreciated everyone who added something to the thread, thank you very much), I was starting to think maybe everyone needed a break from the Newfound Circus Thread. We also have a Facebook page specifically for the Newfound Circus members, so i was updating that page as well. I thought i should only update the FB Circus page instead this year to keep it local.

Over the last few weeks, I heard from quite a few IS folks asking me to start another Newfound Circus Season thread. I sorta brushed this off until this past weekend when i had a few visitors stop by the bob house and mentioned it again to me. I didn't really realize how many folks look forward to reading the shenanigans / fishing / ice condition updates etc...that happens every week on Newfound. I guess it has a bigger impact on me when told face to face vs. reading on line.
I was actually touched by the kind words (in person and on line) and started thinking, just in the last few weeks the stuff that has happened on the lake should be recorded. A lot of what happens you cant make up.

So....I think I will continue to update this thread with only videos from 2018.

I will start another thread for Season 2019 to include / update everyone on the event happenings, ice conditions, fishing reports and other shenanigans going on in the Newfound Circus. I'll do my best to update every week but please feel free to update the page as well. The more the merrier and interesting the thread will be.

Thanks everyone who reads this non-sense. That's what it is, non-sense to help escape the "real world" from time to time. Seriously too, Thank you very much to those that contributed!

Cheers,
Jiggin.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #679 on: Jan 14, 2019, 01:27 PM »
I totally understand that written words don't have the same weight as a smile and sincere thanks but for what its worth... I'm subbed to your youtube channel and have watched all the circus videos multiple times... tough to beat watching Tipping do the happy dance in his shack with a piece of steak in one hand and jig stick in the other lol. Your content is better than the crap that comes from American actors and cinema 10 fold... So you might not hear it enough but the time and effort you put in is greatly appreciated... A big thanks to all "cast and crew" of the Circus.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #680 on: Jan 14, 2019, 01:33 PM »
Jiggin, I think this thread and all of the IS NH threads are great and truly helpful to a bunch of people.  The Fakebook pages for fishing and hunting are pretty bad.  A lot of BS.  I know a lot of people like that crap, not me.  So keep up the good work!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #681 on: Jan 14, 2019, 01:34 PM »
I’m back, I have nothing else to do Mike🤣
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #682 on: Jan 14, 2019, 01:48 PM »
The Circus is an example of what is right in the world, in fun and informative fishing context... Thanks for all that you have contributed on this forum, and good luck with the season and everything else you've got on your plate.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #683 on: Jan 14, 2019, 01:56 PM »
Awesome news! I always look forward to all the happenings on this thread.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #684 on: Jan 14, 2019, 02:19 PM »
The Circus is an example of what is right in the world, in fun and informative fishing context... Thanks for all that you have contributed on this forum, and good luck with the season and everything else you've got on your plate.

X2
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #685 on: Jan 14, 2019, 04:01 PM »
I've been trying to finish up the videos from Season 2018 and haven't done so as of yet. There are still a bunch of footage that I need to go through, combine and wrap up the season.
It's been a very busy summer, Between Cutting / stacking wood getting ready for winter, Getting all my ice fishing "to do" list completed before winter, Work (my company relocated to Londonderry from Meredith which i was a part of the design planning committee and had to plan, move and execute the relocation of my team), Traveling for work to various parts of the country / world, getting some quality family time in, trapping bait, then the Holidays came in quickly and afterwards trying to get in as much early ice time as possible, I wasn't able to complete the videos. I'm still picking away at them......

I was also planning to not start a Newfound Circus Season 2019 thread. Reason being is that i was seeing only some of the same folks posting up (nothing wrong with this, I appreciated everyone who added something to the thread, thank you very much), I was starting to think maybe everyone needed a break from the Newfound Circus Thread. We also have a Facebook page specifically for the Newfound Circus members, so i was updating that page as well. I thought i should only update the FB Circus page instead this year to keep it local.

Over the last few weeks, I heard from quite a few IS folks asking me to start another Newfound Circus Season thread. I sorta brushed this off until this past weekend when i had a few visitors stop by the bob house and mentioned it again to me. I didn't really realize how many folks look forward to reading the shenanigans / fishing / ice condition updates etc...that happens every week on Newfound. I guess it has a bigger impact on me when told face to face vs. reading on line.
I was actually touched by the kind words (in person and on line) and started thinking, just in the last few weeks the stuff that has happened on the lake should be recorded. A lot of what happens you cant make up.

So....I think I will continue to update this thread with only videos from 2018.

I will start another thread for Season 2019 to include / update everyone on the event happenings, ice conditions, fishing reports and other shenanigans going on in the Newfound Circus. I'll do my best to update every week but please feel free to update the page as well. The more the merrier and interesting the thread will be.

Thanks everyone who reads this non-sense. That's what it is, non-sense to help escape the "real world" from time to time. Seriously too, Thank you very much to those that contributed!

Cheers,
Jiggin.

Well that is great news!

Thanks Jiggin.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #686 on: Jan 14, 2019, 07:01 PM »
I totally understand that written words don't have the same weight as a smile and sincere thanks but for what its worth... I'm subbed to your youtube channel and have watched all the circus videos multiple times... tough to beat watching Tipping do the happy dance in his shack with a piece of steak in one hand and jig stick in the other lol. Your content is better than the crap that comes from American actors and cinema 10 fold... So you might not hear it enough but the time and effort you put in is greatly appreciated... A big thanks to all "cast and crew" of the Circus.

I can't say it any better than this.  Thanks Jiggin. 

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #687 on: Jan 17, 2019, 01:58 PM »
Episode 14.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #688 on: Jan 17, 2019, 02:13 PM »
Awesome!!
Here's a thought to ponder Tippin... When everybody else leaves the room after a fart why does the dog get closer?? I thought they had a better sense of smell??
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #689 on: Jan 17, 2019, 06:13 PM »
Awesome!!
Here's a thought to ponder Tippin... When everybody else leaves the room after a fart why does the dog get closer?? I thought they had a better sense of smell??
😂😂😜😜
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.