Author Topic: New guy  (Read 1558 times)

Offline EJF

• Team IceShanty Regular
New guy
« on: Dec 21, 2005, 06:47 AM »
My name is Eric and I am from Pa.I've fished DCL afew times but aren't real familiar with the lake. Iknow parking can be tough Iwas wondering if someone could help me out,  would be willing to buy some bait or maybe shovel some snow? I work on Sat. and Sun. and fish on weekdays. Tks.

Offline TommyRobinson

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New guy
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2005, 07:06 AM »
Welcome Eric. Sorry I can't help ya out with the DCL info - never fished it.... yet  ;D.
It's time to go and I can't turn the ignition!

Proud 2 Be A Carp Fisherman!!!
www.carpanglersgroup.c om

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2005, 07:19 AM »
Make sure that you come to the Deep Creek Iceshanty event the last weekend in January.  More info on that to come (like where we will hold it, etc.) and that depends on ice conditions.

Obviously, the state park is a good place to start for access.  You can drive around and ask permission of any landowners that you see also.  I've done that before and have found that some folks if you ask them will allow you to access through their property.  The problem is finding them!  Another thing that you can do is call the bait shops that Strike Lead posted and ask them.  I'm sure that they have plenty of info and will share with you.
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline EJF

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2005, 05:43 PM »
FatBoy tks. for the info. Iwill be fishing in the DCL ice tourney on Jan. 29 I hope to get there a few times through the week before then though!

Offline woody1313

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fisherman
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2005, 08:51 PM »
I been fishing there for a couple years and do good an a boat and one the ice. So I will show u some pointers up there. I catch a lot of big gils and perch. I hti the walleye early in the year also. I jig most the time but some times I use tip ups.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.