New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: CHAUTAUQUA LAKE BS 2011  (Read 17434 times)

Offline Instantperception

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: CHAUTAUQUA LAKE BS 2011
« Reply #90 on: Feb 02, 2011, 07:48 PM »
way to teach him Flybuster............. .i bet he's hooked now after getting that crappie!

Offline hard4ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Feb 03, 2011, 12:28 AM »
with regards to the 14" perch from chautauqua lake, i know if i caught some i would have seperate pics of those slobs for sure............ ;D
i hear ya,  i think somebody's tape measurer is broken :whistle: biggest one i caught outta there was maybe 11.5", i highly doubt anyone has caught a 14" slab let alone 7 of them in one day!!   ..... by the way, good way to give a kid good memories flybuster :thumbsup: :clap:   nice crappie!!!
When hell freezes over, i'll be ice fishing there too!!

Offline jimski2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #92 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:01 AM »
We took our ATV's from Prendergast Access Point to the Bell Tower last year. On the way back we stopped several times and caught more perch there than at the Bell Tower. Probably due to the lack of fishing pressure in the area. Get away from the crowds. it could be better.
You can not take too many perch, unless you can not clean them, give them to your friends and neighbors to clean and cook. The more perch you take, the faster and bigger the rest  will grow. The walleyes and bass will survive from fry to fingerlings.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:19 AM »
jimski I agree. I do not own a machine and with the slush as it is I am not venturing too far, but if I had the choice I would get away from the crowds. I have a good lake map and see some spots that are unreachable this year on foot, but if I had a machine would be nice to have an area all to myself.

Offline JonnyDarter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:47 AM »
I haven't seen any recent posts since the "storm" in regards to slush on the conditions thread so I figured I'd give it a shot here, hopefully without getting scolded.  Was thinking of fishing Saturday but I'm still hurting mentally and physically from a nightmare drag on Bear Lake.  Any recent updates on slush conditions?  Thanks in advance for any responses.   
Zero degrees doesn't mean zero fishing...

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #95 on: Feb 03, 2011, 01:01 PM »
Heading out this evening.  Will let you know just how bad it got.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Feb 03, 2011, 02:20 PM »
I fished cassadaga which was in worse shape than chatauqua  pre "storm", it is now 2 inches of snow on top of 10-12" pretty frozen slush. Nice walking for a small guy . Fishing was dead as usual and I only gave it 2 mid-day hours. 

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #97 on: Feb 04, 2011, 10:00 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)out of all the fish i caught this year i think these two  are the best, got to spend a couple hours out                                                                                               with the boy.....his first crappie
Great pic... He looks stoked.... When he starts outfishing dad I will have to go catch limits with him instead...  :roflmao:
" There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and dark of night, And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone.  Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.  You who choose to lead must follow, But if you fall you fall alone, If you stand then who's to guide you? If I knew the way then I would take you home."  Robert Hunter & Jerry Garcia

Offline jcz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Feb 04, 2011, 02:46 PM »
JonnyDarter, seen you guy's out there on Bear last weekend. Seen you or your buddy fall down and lay there a while. Bear is to tough to walk on, as bad as Mayville has been it's a breeze compared to Bear. I was glad to see your buddy get up. I thought we were going to have to call for help.

Offline JonnyDarter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #99 on: Feb 04, 2011, 03:10 PM »
Bear was horrific, as I'm sure most of the smaller lakes are out that way.  My friend had to take a breather after burying both legs in the slush and trying to move forward, haha.  Thanks for being observant though.  Ice was fine, everything on top of it was not.  Definitely not worth fishing.  Hopefully Chautauqua is in better shape...     
Zero degrees doesn't mean zero fishing...

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #100 on: Feb 05, 2011, 02:54 PM »
Looked to be a party out on the aquairium today.  Must not have gotten the memo.  Fish were very picky for me this am.  Good to meet ya nate.

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #101 on: Feb 07, 2011, 06:53 AM »
Looked to be a party out on the aquairium today.  Must not have gotten the memo.  Fish were very picky for me this am.  Good to meet ya nate.

Nice to meet you also. I didn't do good either but wasn't trying to hard..just wanted to test my single man out...VERY NICE!! We'll have to meet up sometime..
Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Feb 07, 2011, 10:57 AM »
meet up at the WNY get together on the 19th!!!

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #103 on: Feb 07, 2011, 11:28 AM »
meet up at the WNY get together on the 19th!!!

Where's this?

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Feb 07, 2011, 11:40 AM »
The get together on the 19th is planned for Long Point.

Good parking, good fishing, and plenty of room!

Offline flybuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Feb 07, 2011, 04:27 PM »
hey guys i read something about a tourny at chautauqua, anyone have any info on this?

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Feb 07, 2011, 06:54 PM »
flybuster go to one of the local bait shops (grizzly gary's, happy hooker, or hogan's hut) you can sign up there it is a team event it is for panfish it is a fun event with a cool looking trophy going to the happy hoo... wait I mean the winning shop. Gonna be a good time. fishing starts at 8am and ends at noon I assume we will hang out and fish after noon as well , at least I know I will. Come on down should be fun. the following saturday we are gonna have our second annual chatauqua get together at Long Point State Park. Hoping to do something for the kids again . Last year we had a derby for the kids and they all won something . I would like to do an adult, perhaps cash tourney that day also, but we would need to find someone willing to be a judge , seeing as I want to fish and dont think it would be a good idea  for a participant to be a judge.

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Feb 07, 2011, 08:47 PM »
I'm not sure who would want to be the judge for this...I know that I don't want to be responsible for $...haha.

I want to fish.

Offline flybuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Feb 07, 2011, 09:01 PM »
I dont think it would be bad if there was a team say, 3 judges that participated in the event, two judges score all entries and obviousley you cant score your own fish... I would have faith in a system like that anyway....as far as the money there is only so much hard water in wny you couldent hide forever :callcops:

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #109 on: Feb 09, 2011, 06:36 PM »
There is now a big reward out for my silver and black J9 rapala.  A pig of a female eye decided she wanted it more than me.  I got two good looks at her before she broke 10# mono.  Please help as my favorite lure is gone.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Feb 09, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Travis i will look for your jig fishing time is on the increase now so it is time to finally ice some fish. Hopefully one with a silver and black rapala hanging to her face

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #111 on: Feb 09, 2011, 07:52 PM »
How much is the reward ;D ;D

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:00 PM »
I think the eye that broke his 10 lb test would be enough for me   ;D

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Feb 09, 2011, 10:12 PM »
Travis, I will try to find her next weekend!  That is...if you don't find her between now and then...

Just text me the exact coordinates!

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #114 on: Feb 10, 2011, 04:51 AM »
Funny Mike.  Let me know when you get in.  I will take you to the scene of the crime.

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Feb 10, 2011, 12:54 PM »
Sounds good.  I am driving up next Thursday, the 17th and I want to fish as much as possible on Friday and Saturday.

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #116 on: Feb 10, 2011, 02:40 PM »
Travis i will look for your jig fishing time is on the increase now so it is time to finally ice some fish. Hopefully one with a silver and black rapala hanging to her face

Travis .. was that the 1 you showed me that was all chewed up already ??? lol .. poor 'ol gal .. that's the way she would have wanted to go though !
Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #117 on: Feb 10, 2011, 04:50 PM »
True that is the one. RIP old girl.

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #118 on: Feb 11, 2011, 02:17 PM »
Anyone been out recently <--- Stupid question... Gamehog, marcus..you guys are troopers. Looking on slush factor for the quad. Plan to launch PG and would like to know how far I could run.

Looking forward to next week.. hopefully melt all the crap

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Feb 11, 2011, 02:47 PM »
I would hate to say its good to go, then someone get stuck bad.  I will say its a ton harder on top than its been in the last few weeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.