Author Topic: fishing deep  (Read 2960 times)

Offline davemillertime

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
fishing deep
« on: Feb 07, 2008, 12:24 PM »
anyone have any tips on fishing deep i used to fish perch alot in 8-10ft and jigg a spoon with a bead and killem now iam finding them deep like 44ft

Offline ripndalips

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: fishing deep
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2008, 01:39 PM »
I use a pink jighead with a white grub tipped with a waxie or a silver pimple tipped with waxie.  This is what I have had the best luck on deep perch. Dan

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:45 PM »
use a bigaz sinker on bottom, put a couple small rockers or flies above the sinker...kinda depends on whether you're in weeds or not as to the depths of your bait...big bibitts work well too, especially if you can get the fish cranked, and get em to start off bottom...44ft isn't too bad...one big lake here in Maine we started em on bottom in 62ft and brought em to about 5ft under the ice...smoked em...
It's all about Karma.....

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Fished a pond yesterday and getting them of the bottom was fun on the Vex.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline slabgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2008, 03:04 PM »
Swedish Pimple or Hali packed with 6 or 7 spikes or with a couple of spikes and an eyeball :tipup:

Offline edddieo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Swedish Pimple or Hali packed with 6 or 7 spikes or with a couple of spikes and an eyeball :tipup:
take hook off a small spoon, add a foot of mono put a small ice jig and tip with a few spikes the flash and sound will bring them in

Offline The Farmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2008, 02:29 PM »
 I get a 1 oz. sinker (lots of current where i fish) then put 3 or 4 hooks above it for my minnow rig. Then for my spike rig i ue the same technique but with jigheads. I use all diff. colors for the beginning, then what i find they bite best or, ill throw on that color for all 5. I was catching double and tripple headers in 35 feet of water this weekend.

Offline edddieo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2008, 08:11 PM »
I get a 1 oz. sinker (lots of current where i fish) then put 3 or 4 hooks above it for my minnow rig. Then for my spike rig i ue the same technique but with jigheads. I use all diff. colors for the beginning, then what i find they bite best or, ill throw on that color for all 5. I was catching double and tripple headers in 35 feet of water this weekend.
??? thats a new one ill have to try it

Offline The Farmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2008, 06:18 PM »
cant beieve you fellas havent seen that before. Thats how everyone around here does it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.