Author Topic: Underwater Walleye Education on the Jaw Jacker  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Underwater Walleye Education on the Jaw Jacker
« on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:37 PM »

Underwater Walleye Behavior while ice fishing using a Jaw Jacker. To get this video I just sent a GoPro down to watch what would go on while I had a Jaw Jacker set up. This was a super slow day. So much so we didn't think there were many fish around. That was until I reviewed the footage later and saw many fish swim by without even giving notice to the bait. Then there were those that would just come in for a look and others that would just nudge the bait. Finally did get one to inhale the bait on the Jaw Jacker cam. Learned a very important lesson that on these slow neutral days a minnow on the bottom was more likely to attract a bite. So the next trip my uncle headed out with a jig and minnow, then a few inches of line and a single hook below. Attach a minnow to both and send down. Let the bottom minnow lay on the bottom. The next time he went out the fish were in a similar mood, but the jaw jacker caught 90% of the fish and all of them were on that bottom minnow laying on the bottom. So this really is a highly effective method of Jaw Jacker fishing for walleye especially on those tough days. Give it a try!
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Underwater Walleye Education on the Jaw Jacker
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:56 PM »
really cool video!!! thanks for sharing it, always interested on how fish react to baits, I def. learned some things from the video. I will try that minnow on the bottom an see what happens. thanks again

Offline ak Laker hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Underwater Walleye Education on the Jaw Jacker
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2015, 04:52 PM »
Thanks very cool.you take out all the guessing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.