New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339076 times)

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1470 on: Mar 15, 2013, 03:27 PM »
A friend of mine fished it a couple of weeks ago.Tc5

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1471 on: Mar 15, 2013, 03:35 PM »
Is there any safe ice left on the king? Maybe one last good day.
!!FLAG!!

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #1472 on: Mar 15, 2013, 03:40 PM »
im done ice fishing this year i put up the shanty and stuff going back to work soon... looking to take the kayak out before people get out in boats... it does suck being tipped by a boat going by... so to anyone who is going out on the ice... BE CAREFUL.. wouldnt wanna loose anyone

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #1473 on: Mar 15, 2013, 04:52 PM »
he might have fished a bay on the north basin but i know that part of the northern basin didnt freeze.  i saw people fishing forest bay on my one trip up that way this year. stay safe out there guys!

Offline Iamthenextone34

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1474 on: Mar 15, 2013, 04:59 PM »
What are the chances cotton points still holding up

Offline BD Swede

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1475 on: Mar 15, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Hope to get out for another round of perch fishing this weekend around assembly point or Long Island. Anyone know of ice conditions and access at end of Harris bay?

Given the LG thread about boat launch adventures, I have good for you from the king off MDB launch one fall about 17 years ago. I had just gotten back to the launch after a morning of fishing with my brother. We waited for a while out in the water for about 15 mins watching a guy try to launch his 25' sail boat with fixed 4' keel trailered by Volvo station wagon. Realizing the guy was struggling and we weren't going anywhere until this guy is finished, my brother looked at me and said we've should help this guy and so I pulled my boat to the outside of the dock. By this time he had pulled the all four wheels of his Volvo in and the boat was still sitting feet out of the water...he kept going! Now we had to help this guy. My brother stayed with the boat, I grabbed my new bronco and rope I had and my brother asked if he was ok hooking to his car he gladly approved now realizing he was in deep crap. We proceeded to pull his car and boat out of the lake and like the movies, when he opened the door of the Volvo, water poured out. Being the king, I was expecting a fish to flop out with it.

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #1476 on: Mar 16, 2013, 05:06 AM »
i now a guy who put hiswholetruck into the drink launching his boat. he had his 17 year old kid back the trailer up and when the boat came of the trailer the kid pulled forward and then hoped out of the truck and didnt put the truck in park! poor guy didnt now what to do! he ended up getting it out and it only cost him 900 bucks!

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1477 on: Mar 16, 2013, 07:22 AM »
anyone been down to Pilot's knob to take a look??

Offline Steelhead5678

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1478 on: Mar 16, 2013, 12:35 PM »
Hoping to head out of there Sunday as well, FortAnn Beach area specifically and would appreciate any ink on ice thickness as well thanx

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1479 on: Mar 16, 2013, 05:12 PM »
During the beginning of the season I had this shanty lurk out a hot bite then position his "winter home" literally over our open holes.  Naturally you wanna put your structure where the bite is.  The first day with in 45 minutes if being in his new location, garbage was left in the ice.  I took a photo but didn't want to trash this persons name, so I held back from posting the picture. I also didn't want to immediately turn him in over a bottle I picked up.  I ended up finding a new hot bite and never returned to that area.  Yesterday I was told that shanty pulled one more of his wait till you leave, then I put my structure over your hole moves. He also was observed running bags, buckets, and bottles of human waste, out to the deeper waters. It's not normal for me to trash a persons name, but he shouldn't trash our lake. So if anyone knows this person, maybe give him a pep talk so Next year that shanty doesn't accidentally get blown away, far far away.
(Image removed from quote.)
report him...not to mention shantys by law need to be off the ice the 15th.

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1480 on: Mar 16, 2013, 06:19 PM »
I allways seem to get the big boys on tipups . But the higher  numbers jiggin . Havent been able to break 28 1/4  inches jiggin. but have a few 30 inchers on tip ups . Just my experience . But you never know.

Fishmon

« Reply #1481 on: Mar 16, 2013, 06:41 PM »
Pigs are pigs >:(  Just report him to a Conservation Officer or have the officer check out this thread!  More than enough information right on the front door.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1482 on: Mar 16, 2013, 11:30 PM »
I allways seem to get the big boys on tipups . But the higher  numbers jiggin . Havent been able to break 28 1/4  inches jiggin. but have a few 30 inchers on tip ups . Just my experience . But you never know.

I pulled up a 30"er last monday from 100ft of water jigging.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1483 on: Mar 17, 2013, 06:15 AM »
I don't know ??? ??? ??? Drag it to shore and put a match to it. Accidents happen. Just like the lady who blew her friends shanty up when lighting a propane heater. Don't understand how someone can be so disrespectful.

Offline chuckrudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1484 on: Mar 17, 2013, 09:07 AM »
I would like to see what his house looks like.

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #1485 on: Mar 17, 2013, 09:24 AM »
The shanty might be a palace compared to the house. Slobs don't care where they flop >:( >:( >:( :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
Dream Catcher

Offline Mourning after

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1486 on: Mar 17, 2013, 01:13 PM »
report him...not to mention shantys by law need to be off the ice the 15th.
email the pic too dec and let them deal with it!! If anything I'm sure they will at least make a house call, they always atleast investigate, they may not beable to charge him with any thing now because of everyone picking up there garbage,but they may think twice next year

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1487 on: Mar 17, 2013, 03:22 PM »
A couple guys on here know who this guy is, im sure he will get the message. I think embarrassment goes further than paying any fine.  If he doesn't get embarrassed that his photo and actions have been put on an open forum. Attached to a thread that in one season or about 4 months got 46,000 views,  then I don't think any fine would stop him. 

On a brighter note, I think we will get one more weekend on the king. I've hung up my gear since I already used up a week of next seasons time though. Supposed to hit 5 degrees tonight. Pumped I promised my wife I was done with the ice.

details? Whats still fishable?

Offline BD Swede

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1488 on: Mar 17, 2013, 04:58 PM »
Harris bay, Hearthstone, and MDB all have good access. 8" on Harris, i was on it this afternoon but bite was slow with small ones. Not many folks out as compared to last month of weekends.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1489 on: Mar 17, 2013, 09:23 PM »
Harris bay, Hearthstone, and MDB all have good access. 8" on Harris, i was on it this afternoon but bite was slow with small ones. Not many folks out as compared to last month of weekends.

So I take it pilot's knob is not shoreline accessible?

Offline major257

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1490 on: Mar 18, 2013, 08:43 AM »
This snow coming tonight might just kill it for us.

Offline Benfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #1491 on: Mar 20, 2013, 10:37 AM »
Has anyone been out from Vets or Cotton Pt. or is the shore gone?  If not, how has the perch bite been this past week  off of MDB or out of the eastern bays? Haven't been in a couple of weeks and I would love to hit the ice one more time before I put my equipment away.

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1492 on: Mar 20, 2013, 11:59 AM »
I was off mdb a couple weekends ago only perch I caught were a lot of 3-6 inch dinks .. caught some lakers for the first time rig gr8 out about 125yds from the peir ... woukd love to hit vets
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #1493 on: Mar 20, 2013, 12:23 PM »
last Saturday the shoreline at vets was completely shot, not one person out there.

Offline Benfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #1494 on: Mar 20, 2013, 01:26 PM »
Thanks bigredonice for the info. won't waste my time going that far north.

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #1495 on: Mar 20, 2013, 02:34 PM »
Has anyone been out from Vets or Cotton Pt. or is the shore gone?  If not, how has the perch bite been this past week  off of MDB or out of the eastern bays? Haven't been in a couple of weeks and I would love to hit the ice one more time before I put my equipment away.
Heard that Vet's was shot. You might still get on at MDB, just be careful, the season is just about over.
Dream Catcher

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #1496 on: Mar 20, 2013, 03:23 PM »
Heard that Vet's was shot. You might still get on at MDB, just be careful, the season is just about over.

I would think MDB is fine.  Edges might be a little soft, but thats it.   The ice was shockingly rock solid and very consistant last saturday and sunday, and with almost no time above freezing, i can't see any reason why that would change.  Guys were running wheelers up to the islands from MDB.

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1497 on: Mar 23, 2013, 02:23 PM »
Saw a couple people off mdb yesterday evening
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #1498 on: Mar 26, 2013, 10:20 PM »
Fished off MDB today!  Prob last time out.  Shore ice was fine.  Had a great time fishing with some old friends and had fun making new ones.  Big thumbs up to Bird21s, whose played a large part over the last four years in the quality of my overall fishing experience.  Ended up with half a pail full today of a selective catch.  Also enjoyed fishing with Perchcommander and his gang today.  Awesome way to end the season.  To those who are considering one last go, fish at your own risk.

Offline chuckrudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1499 on: Mar 26, 2013, 10:49 PM »
Sounds like you had a great time  with your friends and a added bonus you caught fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.