Author Topic: Marcum vs380  (Read 467 times)

Offline Joedirt34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life on the ice
Marcum vs380
« on: Sep 22, 2012, 12:43 PM »
Just ordered this from the Big C 199.99 with the panning kit and free shipping to my house .
Looking forward to my new toy ! I fish from a hardside so light glare should be no issue .
    Ok I'm looking to hear what people who own this unit think !
But on the subject of the purchase it was a pain !!!!
Called the big C 1888 number and was told they could not price match Reeds online price but my local store could . Ok no worries I'll drive in take the wife out to lunch we all win !
Get to the big C after a very nice lunch with my better half ! Go to customer service (LOL) they tell me they can not price match unless the other store is within 50 miles and ( in her words ) We can't help you !
  Ok drive home stewing get home call the 1888 number and get a little loud ! I explain all of the details plus the cost of gas in an truck for 100 miles at 4 plus a gallon !
   They were quick to make me happy honor the price match and ship it to me at no charge ( also according to the rep I will even get a surprise for my trouble )
  He told me he never heard of the 50 mile policy and went to look into it after a few he came back and informed that it's within 100 miles .
  I could go on !
      Ok I vented feel better !
---- Joe ----

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
Re: Marcum vs380
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2012, 12:53 PM »
I dont own the unit but that is a good story, and I hope the suprise is a good one for ya. :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.