Author Topic: Deep creek snowmobile  (Read 1796 times)

Offline fisher 74

• Team IceShanty Regular
Deep creek snowmobile
« on: Dec 20, 2022, 08:10 PM »
Does anyone use a snowmobile on the ice here? Looks like parking is an issue any tips?

Offline derekinhawaii

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Deep creek snowmobile
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2022, 08:21 PM »
There are plenty of people who use snowmobiles.  Parking and entry onto the lake is best accessed via the State Park boat ramp.  That being said the state only plows about half the lot.  I've only really seen about 4-5trucks with trailers park there at any one time plus a few additional trucks/cars for others.  I would be very careful while crossing under any bridges with a snowmobile as the ice is usually thinner due to the currents and the melted snow combined with the salt from the roads.  Also DNR do patrol the lake quite often on their snowmobiles.

Good luck and stay safe.

Offline fisher 74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2022, 07:03 AM »
Thank you!!!!

Offline Mcville100

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2023, 11:30 AM »
There are plenty of people who use snowmobiles.  Parking and entry onto the lake is best accessed via the State Park boat ramp.  That being said the state only plows about half the lot.  I've only really seen about 4-5trucks with trailers park there at any one time plus a few additional trucks/cars for others.  I would be very careful while crossing under any bridges with a snowmobile as the ice is usually thinner due to the currents and the melted snow combined with the salt from the roads.  Also DNR do patrol the lake quite often on their snowmobiles.

Good luck and stay safe.

Thanks!  Appreciate the heads up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.