Author Topic: Slaying the trout.  (Read 1850 times)

Offline WhiteMTfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Slaying the trout.
« on: Dec 14, 2018, 06:32 PM »

Got a bunch more trout like this today.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
Re: Slaying the trout.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2018, 09:39 PM »
Those are some great looking fish!! Nice job
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline blood tracker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2018, 06:45 AM »
The time is now!!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2018, 07:09 AM »
BT, Too far to drive !  :)

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2018, 03:30 AM »
Very Nice.

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2018, 06:07 AM »
I whacked a nice 3.5lb brookie through the ice up in the mountains Saturday, appreciate the NH patronage! I also appreciate getting checked by f and g everytime I go, I have lived in MA for 40 years and have never seen nor been checked by EP

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2018, 09:40 AM »
rmoody79 Could be possible they see your vehicle with mass plates?

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2018, 11:09 AM »
They checked everyone out there, there were 11 hard sides that he visited and the other 4 or so groups he made the rounds to, very nice guy I enjoyed catching up with him.  Bob Mancini used to be the area warden and he is originally from my neck of the woods down here but I learned he is now the sugar hill chief of police

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2018, 03:25 PM »
They checked everyone out there, there were 11 hard sides that he visited and the other 4 or so groups he made the rounds to, very nice guy I enjoyed catching up with him.  Bob Mancini used to be the area warden and he is originally from my neck of the woods down here but I learned he is now the sugar hill chief of police
Doing their job!  :thumbsup:

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Very happy with them out there being active, I see egregious saltwater violations every year in MA

Offline WhiteMTfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2018, 08:26 PM »

14 hard sides today.

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2019, 07:56 AM »
way to many for those small ponds.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2019, 12:14 PM »
I know that pretty much every season I take a few trips up to Winni (brother has house in the area) and get checked on Winni in the Moultonborough Bay area at least once each season. No hassle, as I know to expect a visit. Good guy, considering that they probably get a fair share of D-bags on the ice and on land.

I will be heading north at least one weekend this month and next as well (the derby)

One good thing is having so many choices once you get in the region, and your limit is just how far you want to travel to fish?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2019, 12:22 PM »
Last year was the first time I ever ice fished in NH and I was checked 2/3 days. I was actually checked twice in 1 day at 2 different locations. One of the times the 2 wardens must have been doing 90mph on their snow machines when they came around the corner to check us. 1 went for the licenses while the other went for the fish we had on the ice. Nice to see some sort of policing up there because as others have mentioned, you barely ever see them in MA and RI.

fishermantim -Maybe I will see you up there for the derby. First timer. We will not be in the Meredith area unless we have to have a fish weighed in.
Just add water.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2019, 12:38 PM »
Last year was the first time I ever ice fished in NH and I was checked 2/3 days. I was actually checked twice in 1 day at 2 different locations. One of the times the 2 wardens must have been doing 90mph on their snow machines when they came around the corner to check us. 1 went for the licenses while the other went for the fish we had on the ice. Nice to see some sort of policing up there because as others have mentioned, you barely ever see them in MA and RI.

fishermantim -Maybe I will see you up there for the derby. First timer. We will not be in the Meredith area unless we have to have a fish weighed in.

If you do the derby this year be prepared for a pretty large turnout....all across the region.
The derby is open to ALL public waters in the state but people tend to fish around the lakes region.
I fish out on the northern section of Moultonborough Bay, and on some derby days there are some good crowds on that section of the lake.
That would tend to make other "more popular" sections even more crowded. You understand what I mean when you see Meredith Bay and Center Harbor if you pass by those areas.

Finding the fish is always the problem. Sometimes you find what you want, some days you're lucky if all you catch are dink perch and sunfish.

I would suggest, if you already don't do this, that you consider tip-up and jigging gear.
Some days you can jig up a mess of fish while you traps go unmolested.
(Plus it gives you something to do)

In any case, plan on having fun. You will probably find that other anglers are there to have fun and will enjoy shooting the breeze while waiting for fish to strike!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.