Author Topic: Garmin 64st  (Read 563 times)

Offline mkeller

• Team IceShanty Regular
Garmin 64st
« on: Nov 23, 2017, 07:02 AM »
Just ordered one of these and wanting to know if I can use the navionics or the hummingbird micro sd cards in it?

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Re: Garmin 64st
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2017, 07:35 AM »
Add Maps
GPSMAP 64st comes with a built-in worldwide basemap with shaded relief, preloaded TOPO 100K and a 1-year subscription of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery for a photo-realistic view. Adding more maps is easy with our array of detailed topographic, marine and road maps. With 8 GB of onboard memory and microSD™ card slot, you can conveniently download TOPO 24K maps and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT® map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads (see maps tab for compatibility). In addition, the 64st is compatible with Garmin Custom Maps, a map format that allows you to transform paper and electronic maps easily into downloadable maps for your device, for free.

Most all of Garmin GPS only use Garmin Maps... That may change in the future as they have bought Navionics...

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2017, 10:12 AM »
I doubt it, as everyone has to get their cut of your money. There are Garmin forums for geocaching and such with some knowledgeable people on these units. I just bought the lake view chip for my 62s and it works well.

Offline mkeller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2017, 11:22 AM »
Thanks guys.  Does garmin offer any good mapping for south dakota lakes and sloughs?  I have several of mikes maps that give longitude and longitude.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2017, 06:37 PM »
Following

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.