Author Topic: adding fatach clip to lipless crank baits ?  (Read 468 times)

Offline ougot1

• Team IceShanty Regular
adding fatach clip to lipless crank baits ?
« on: Nov 21, 2020, 01:55 PM »
I am curious if anyone has added a fastach clip to any kind of lipless crank bait ? i was thinking of trying one on a ul rippin rap for perch , i would think the rear hook would have to be removed to prevent tangles . any thoughts appreciated .

Offline struckus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: adding fatach clip to lipless crank baits ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2020, 02:24 PM »
I saw a video with this recommendation..fastac h from the bottom hook to create separation for perch etc..I am going to try it if I can ever find the clips locally..or my next purchase from cabelas..you could always use a small chain and split rings to create the same thing or more separation..if the bit is finicky then more separation is usually a good thing..

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2020, 02:45 PM »
The idea of the clips is so that you can run the eye of the hook through a minnow head making it tricky to steal the bait and also provide a bit of space/movement.  I feel bait hinders the action of lipless cranks so leave them bare, so I'm not sure what the benefit would be with the clips.

They work great with jigging spoons though.

Offline struckus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2020, 03:46 PM »
The idea of the clips is so that you can run the eye of the hook through a minnow head making it tricky to steal the bait and also provide a bit of space/movement.  I feel bait hinders the action of lipless cranks so leave them bare, so I'm not sure what the benefit would be with the clips.

They work great with jigging spoons though.

ahh that is a good point about the minnow head..would help for sure..

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2020, 03:48 PM »
I have some on jigging spoons and I think they would work well on larger Jigging Raps, but haven't tried that so far.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.