The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Beavertail or Frenchtown  (Read 501 times)

Offline vicster

• Team IceShanty Addict
Beavertail or Frenchtown
« on: Feb 08, 2024, 01:27 PM »
I know there is a conditions page, but I'm having trouble getting a response there.  I'm trying to get my daughter out this saturday and wanted to confirm there is safe ice at one or the other.  I've heard a couple conflicting reports through the grapevine.  Some current info would be much appreciated, she has been looking forward to it for a while and I'd hate to get all dressed up for nothing.

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
Re: Beavertail or Frenchtown
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2024, 10:48 PM »
Hey Vic. I’m not sure about Beavertail or Frenchtown. Haven’t heard anything. Maybe consider taking he to Big Larch Campground on Seeley Lake or Harpers Lake

Offline vicster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2024, 09:25 AM »
Id love to go a little farther, but I co parent with a difficult person and only have so much parenting time...
I'll run out and check this weekend since I can get out there when it's not dark and put a report on here. 

Offline BurbotsNBourbon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2024, 10:01 AM »
I saw someone  post on facebook with pics of ice at frenchtown a day or two ago.  2" of good ice topped with 2-3" of crusty  refrozen ice on top.

Offline Oldschoolben

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2024, 08:47 AM »
Take them to lake mary ronan

Offline BigC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2024, 10:13 PM »
I was at Beavertail this past weekend. Open water by the boat ramp and about 4 or 5 inches of ice, about 2 inches of hard ice and 3 inches of softer ice. Four or five parties out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.