Author Topic: Desoto bend  (Read 1315 times)

Offline alekhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
Desoto bend
« on: Jan 02, 2019, 09:13 AM »
I know desoto ice season is open now and was wondering if any one had fished it much last winter or this summer and caught any thing and if any one gets out before me a ice update if any ice on it would be nice to know and also if dont want to talk about what you caught on this you can pm me
I'm not brightest tool in the shed my ice auger is

Offline alekhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Desoto bend
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2019, 12:29 PM »
Just bumping this back up to see if any one has fished it
I'm not brightest tool in the shed my ice auger is

Offline fivecoats

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Desoto bend
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2019, 02:47 PM »
Fished Desoto on 2/19 Fished all morning with no marks then a big mark came in suspended around 7ft off bottom. I reeled up to it and dead weight on my rod 6lb test. Then it began to spool line hard. After battling a few minutes me and my buddy were able to see the beast. Which looked to be around a 40lb flathead lol. He made a 2nd run to the depths and got him back up for another look. On the third run i gave my buddy the rod so i could drill a few more holes to try and get him topside for a picture and release. Got holes drilled scooped ice out and took the rod back. We were ready to land godzilla. As he was nearing the hole for the landing my little 5mm tungsten poppped out and game over. We will never forget the experience and will likely never happen again. Not long after that ordeal i caught a 2lb channel off the botttom my buddy had a little bite and that was it. We fished sunrise to around 1 oclock. Tight lines Chris

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.