Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1640679 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #28200 on: Jul 05, 2022, 05:54 AM »
60* and light rain.
IW, sounds like a great cook out.
Eddie, I agree, pretty much stay away from crowds these days.
The launch wasn't very busy yesterday but there were a lot of boats out on the lake.
The wife's sister and her daughter are coming this afternoon, only staying until Thursday morning. I might go fishing on Wed.
F/H4, nice fish.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28201 on: Jul 05, 2022, 06:19 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....glad the bbq was a success   :clap:

Eddie.....sounds like a perfect family weekend   :thumbsup:

H2L....safe travels to your s-i-l and niece  ;)

FH4.....congrats  :bow:

WS.....hope you had a good 4th  @)

Got the lawn mowed and gave the boat a good scrubbing yesterday, nothing much planned for today. Like H2L might hit the water tomorrow  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28202 on: Jul 05, 2022, 07:32 AM »
Morning all, 81° and sunny at the moment, supposed to top out at 98 this afternoon.

Went up to the bigger river with the old man and little man yesterday and did some fishing. The pleasure traffic was absolutely nuts (which I knew it would be on a holiday weekend) but we still managed around a dozen, so it wasn't a complete wash. The trip was really more to blow the cobwebs out of his boat than anything. He was down and out with health issues all of last year, so it was the first time it had been in the water since 2020.

It was a cold blooded fugger to get fired up, but it settled right down once it ran a couple minutes. Got a couple wiring issues to get sorted out, though. He's gotten too old to launch the thing himself now, I told him he ought to just sell the thing and downsize to something he can manage without help 🤷‍♂️

Dropping the car off at the shop today, so I should be good to go hauling my own boat again by tomorrow afternoon.

Haven't been online at all since last week, so catchup time on the thread.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28203 on: Jul 05, 2022, 10:01 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Dense fog on the way to prit'near 90 sultry degrees.

IW...Sounded like a dang nice get together :clap: The cabin looked great :bow:

Eddie...Your get together sounded awesome also. Any night fishing trips in the future?

WW...Ditto on your Illinois shooting comment. A person doesn't even want to turn the TV or radio on anymore it's enough to make you puke with what's going on.

Z...Glad you were able to spend some time with your Dad and Son :thumbsup:

My brother and his wife hit the road this morning before 8am. They now are on their way to Grand Forks North Dakota to visit some neighbors from their Texas winter home. I guess the friends just sold their Texas home due to health issues so my brother wanted to see them for what could possibly the last time.

We had a very nice visit and even made a side trip to see my sister, b-i-l and niece yesterday. My brother is planning to return to the shack this fall for bow hunting so will be looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #28204 on: Jul 05, 2022, 12:08 PM »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28205 on: Jul 05, 2022, 01:49 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #28206 on: Jul 05, 2022, 09:34 PM »
 Good evening reached the middle eighties  for high temperature today. Rain showers in forecast but so far no drops falling. relatively quite fourth of July here a few neighbors set off fireworks with the leaves on trees have a limited view. I did see some flashes of colored light at times. Good to see everyone had a good holiday weekend. Upset to hear of another mass shooting agree with Whopper Stopper about not wanting to turn on the TV or radio these days.
Ice Wanderer good to read everyone enjoyed the BBQ. Nice work by you and your neighbor on the cabin. Just a thought would a silicone product that dries clear accomplish the same thing in regards to mice protect as using the Great Stuff and space between crossed log ends. I do not have a good enough chemistry knowledge to know if silicone,paint stain on logs and chinking compound would have some type of chemical reaction with each other which would discolor the logs and chinking.
Eddie glad your family was able to get together and celebrate. Nice for all of you that some neighbors provided a fireworks show. I have the same feeling about being in a larger crowd these days.
Hunts2long have a nice visit with your SIL and niece. best to you on this week's fishing trip.
Wallyworld sounds like you stayed busy over the holiday weekend between the lawn mowing and boat washing. Best to the two of you on tomorrow's fishing trip.
Zcm-82 nice the you were able to get out fishing with your dad and son . congratulations to all of you on the combined catch of fish. I hope your car is now repaired .
Whopper Stopper , I think we all want to stay informed on world and local events but would be nice to see more feel good stories among the news coverage. Safe travels wished for your brother and SIL as they head for North Dakota.
OldSailor not sure if i should chuckle or shed a tear with regard to the photo you posted.

Keep safe. good fishing wished for all hitting the water this week.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28207 on: Jul 06, 2022, 04:15 AM »

Good morning Er's, It's 67* and raining here on my hill. ::)
                           Steve..........It rained all day here, we need the rain once in a while. :whistle:
                           Wally...........I hope you can get out today and get fishing time in.  :unsure: We are going out tomorrow. :woot:
                           Marv............I'm glad to read you had a nice visit with your brother, safe travels to them visiting their friends. :thumbsup:
                           Zcm............I'm glad to read that your car will be getting the necessary repairs and you'll be trailering your own boat. :clap:
                           Eddie...........I'm with you on the big crowds, we are supposed to go to a concert at SPAC to see Chicago but my wife wants to
                bail out after this last shooting. :blink:
                           H2l..............Good luck with this weeks fishing trips, hope your spots start producing. :flex:
                           I didn't do much yesterday with the rain. Today after it clears up and if the grass dries out, I'll be taking down the 10x20 canopy
               that I had up for the BBQ.
                           I hope everyone has a gpood Wednesday, Hump Day eith at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28208 on: Jul 06, 2022, 05:43 AM »
Morning all,

Looks like the rain is letting up so we’re heading out!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28209 on: Jul 06, 2022, 06:13 AM »
66* cloudy but it's going to clear up.
S-I-L and niece got here with no issues.
Was going to fish today but think I will get boat hooked up today and hit the water in the morning. Going to let WW figure out how the bite was today.
We got rain most of the day and into the evening yesterday.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #28210 on: Jul 06, 2022, 06:20 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  68* with a nice breeze here this am, high of 76 forecasted.

Wally…best of luck to you and Mr.WW today, hope the bite is on!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…it’s a damn shame that the uneasiness of even attending a concert like Chicago at SPAC has become a reality, sorry to read that!  :cookoo:  Just checked the rain gauge and we picked up 1/2” rain here yesterday.
  Steve…was about the same here also with limited view on the fireworks, but that was ok. Understand even having sparklers for the kids can bring a fine of $500 here in Albany County nowadays, the good old days of being a kid seem to be disappearing at warp speed now.
  Marv…I doubt any night trips this week, working tomorrow and Saturday. Glad you had a nice time with your brother and SIL, hope they have safe travels to North Dakota and enjoy the time spent with their friends.   :thumbsup:
  Z…glad you had a nice outing with your Dad and son, good luck with the car!     :clap:
  H2…tomorrow looks another good day weather wise, hope your wife is enjoying her visit with family members!  :thumbsup:
  Dave..hope all is going well on your road trip!   :thumbsup:

Nothing much planned for today other than some grocery shopping at the moment…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28211 on: Jul 06, 2022, 07:20 AM »
The pic I posted is a sad reminder of how this country is now!! A 100 year old veteran said that our serviceman didn't die for this!! I served for 21 years and I say the same thing!! What the hell is this country coming too??? How can we fix it??  :cookoo: :unsure:
Mike (OS)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28212 on: Jul 06, 2022, 05:14 PM »
Mike I believe it all boils down to “mental health”  I also believe that anyone that lacks “temper” management can be prone to going off the deep end. Road rage comes to mind. The other thing is I can not see the need for the Military style weapons on every street.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28213 on: Jul 06, 2022, 06:36 PM »
Bud, I own firearms, and none are military style rifles!! :flex: :cookoo:
OS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28214 on: Jul 07, 2022, 03:46 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Friday Eve… ;D.  Partly cloudy skies and 57* this am, high of 80 forecasted for today.

Just a quick hello this morning, will be heading off shortly to meet up with the retirees for another meeting…a patio and sidewalk gathering, lol.
  Cawfee’s hot and strong this morning…
Have a great day all, be SAFE, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28215 on: Jul 07, 2022, 03:55 AM »

66 degrees, topping out at 86 today with light winds and a dew point in the tropical zone.

Dave...Does it feel good to be home ?

IW...Hope the weather allowed you to get the canopy down and taken care of. Have a good day if back to the job :thumbsup:

WW...Best of luck if hitting the water today :thumbsup: Growing up we used to eat buckets of bullheads.

Eddie...Best of luck today with the trowels :thumbsup: I see you posted when I did, Good morning Sir!

Yesterday besides puttering, I ended up checking out a small tree job that I will be doing today. I am hoping to finish it before the temps get too hot.

Hope you all have a good Thursday whether at work or on the water :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28216 on: Jul 07, 2022, 04:32 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....hope you have a better day on the water than we did yesterday, 1 legal eye 2 shorts 2 tiny perch and 2 bullhead  ::)

Eddie....have a good time at the patio party  :woot:

WS.....hope the tree job goes smoothly and it's wrapped up before the heat sets in  :flex:

IW.....we ended up with 3/4" of rain, thought it was ending around 6 yesterday morning NOT, managed to get a couple good soakings on the lake  :%$#!:

Heading to Oneida this morning, fingers crossed it's a better bite there than Delta was  ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28217 on: Jul 07, 2022, 04:40 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, Wally and ER's,
                          It's 59* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Eddie............I hope the patio party goes well for you guys. :thumbsup:
                          Marv.............I hope you can knock out the tree job before the heat sets in. :unsure:
                          Wally.............We're headed out this morning also. :clap:
                          H2l...............I hope you are getting out this morning, Good Luck today. :flex:
                          I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28218 on: Jul 07, 2022, 04:58 AM »
56* and a few clouds.
Eddie, enjoy the "block" party!
WW, thanks, I will do my best.
Be safe.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28219 on: Jul 08, 2022, 04:17 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 62* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Wally.........I'll be checking in looking for your fishing report from yesterday. :whistle:
                          H2l............I hope you had a good day on GSL and the fish were biting. :unsure:
                          Marv..........How did the tree job go? ???
                          Eddie.........Yesterda y was a nice day for a patio party, how did i go. :flex:
                          Yesterday we got out on Lake George, it was a beautiful day. I caught a few Pumpkinseeds enough for a meal for me. My wife just
                 enjoyed being out on the water.
                          I have an appointment at 8am to get my oil changed and I also have a slow leak in the power steering system, they will try to find that.
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28220 on: Jul 08, 2022, 04:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Another nice day approaching…62* with partly cloudy skies this am, high of 81.

H2…hope you had a good trip yesterday, will be looking forward to your post!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…yesterday’s weather sure was a nice for the maiden voyage, hope the pontoon performed well you!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…will be looking forward to the Oneida report, best of luck if you’re heading back again this morning!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…how did the tree job go….hope you finished up before the heat moved in.   :thumbsup:

Had another good day with the retirees club yesterday, concrete was on time and everything went as smooth as could be…no pun intended.  ;D. Started at 6am and finished shortly after 10…wish they all went like that! 
  Not much on the planner at the moment, some yard work needing attention…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Morning Jeff…sounds like you had a good day on the water yesterday!  Congrats on the fishing and best wishes with the power steering leak..hopefully it’s an easy fix!   :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28221 on: Jul 08, 2022, 05:22 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....congrats on the catching  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....glad to hear you had a good patio party  :woot:

H2L....I see the bite was on for you, congrats  :bow:

WS.....hope the tree job went well and nothing melted  :flex:

IFF....how are things down south  ???

Yesterday was a repeat of Wednesday minus the bullhead  :blink:  we called it quits around 11 it was hotter than heck, not a breeze stirring, not a cloud in the sky with about a billion little bugs flying around and walking all over us  ::)  think a bike ride is on tap today  ;)2

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28222 on: Jul 08, 2022, 05:46 AM »

70 with scattered showers moving out. Our old buddy Les Humid comes to town later tonight. Unfortunately he will only hang around a day or two.

IW...Best of luck for an easy leak fix :thumbsup: Congrats on the meal of pumpkinseeds  :clap:

Eddie...Short days are great especially when it's a cooker out there :thumbsup:

WW... Better luck on your next outing. I have talked to a few around here that are having similar catch results.

h2l...Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Yesterdays job went well I was done by noon. Nothing on the planner today so I may head to the range for awhile.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28223 on: Jul 08, 2022, 05:56 AM »
Morning all, 74° and raining here, supposed to top out around 80 with scattered tstorms through midday, then clearing off for the weekend.

Finally got the car back yesterday. It had an exhaust leak for so long before it actually fell off that I'd forgotten how quiet it was before  :roflmao: Getting the boat in the river is definitely on the agenda tomorrow... maybe this evening if I have time after running payday errands.

Not too many things in the news surprise me, but this certainly did.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/asia/live-news/shinzo-abe-japan-pm-collapses-nara-07-08-22-intl-hnk/index.html

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28224 on: Jul 08, 2022, 06:56 AM »
61* and sunny.
First spot yesterday had fish on it but the perch were very active, they love .25+ worms so I moved on down the lake, should have stayed, caught only one walleye, on the way back up the lake the wind had changed so I stopped at my first spot, some perch but 7 more walleyes, 5 keepers, kept 3 and traded for some apple bread, blackberries aren't ripe yet.
Eddie, has to be fun working with the crew.
WW, same here mid morning the wind died off and it got hot, the flies were out but not biting. I usually stick it out, checking old spots or looking for new ones that might hold some fish. I did see a lot of may fly casing's on the water.
Have another eye Dr. appt this PM.
The SIL and niece left yesterday.
Have a good day and be well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28225 on: Jul 08, 2022, 07:34 AM »
WW well as can be expected hot and humid in the south , Linda is off to take her sister into have all her teeth removed 7:00 this morning which involves surgery. Same as what Linda had done couple weeks ago. I got word #1 daughter will not be heading this way until Tuesday. Also the local fishing guides are all booked until mid August   So plan for today is to take a drive into Chattanooga and visit a.bait shop that is doing a fun raiser for an injured Customer  and pick information I can on boat launches, for the lake Chickamaga area. Have a good safe bike ride if you do so.

Looks like those that have been able to wet some lines have been avoiding the skunk

Little kitty is making itself right at home I see it can jump across the 2’ distance from the bed to the dresser top with ease.

Best to all, enjoy your day.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28226 on: Jul 08, 2022, 09:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 74 degrees here and sunny.  Been having Headaches that have made it hard to read or type. My wife is doing the same. May take Mr Dickens out and we can wet a line. He’s not spoiled. He has his own chair.

WallyWorld, Good day to go out on the bike. Hopefully ice cream is on the agenda.

MasonEddie, Sounds like your having fun with the crew. Hopefully you get out on the water soon.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully you get out before it gets humid.

Hunts2long, Good luck on your eye appointment today. I’m glad you had a good day on the water.

Ice Wanderer, Hopefully they can find the leak and it’s not to big of a repair.

IFF, Kitties grow up so fast.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28227 on: Jul 08, 2022, 02:28 PM »
Eddie
Got home Wednesday before lunch.
Spent the rest of the day Wednesday and all day Thursday relaxing.
Am busy emptying the trailer now.

Marv
Good to be home but the air is bad with wild fire smoke and it's too hot for my liking.
It's weird how 90* and humid in Ontario feels cooler than 80* and low humidity up here in the North.
They say it's because the sun angle is different and the lack of pollution (usually) makes it so.
Also no AC in almost every home up here.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #28228 on: Jul 08, 2022, 07:20 PM »
 Good Day, currently 82 degrees on my balcony thermometer and humidity level under 50 percent. taking a quick look at news I see the actor James Cann has passed at 82 years of age. Also newest sub-variants of Omicron variant of Covid-19 has been causing rise in infection numbers on Long Island and certain buroughs of NYC. Also keeping an eye on events in England after prime minister's Borris Johnson's sudden resignation.
Ice Wanderer good to read you finally got out with the pontoon boat and the two of you had a nice time on the water's of Lake George.
Eddie this time of year it is worth having to get up early in the morning so you can hopefully complete day's work before highest temperature of the day. Glad all went well for you and the crew yesterday.
Wally sorry to hear the fishing bite has slowed down in your area of NY. May the weather in your section of the state have been good for a motorcycle trip today.
Whopper Stopper happy for you that everything went well with the tree job. Enjoy the lower humidity while it is in your area.
Zcm-82 glad you have your car back and can now get your boat to the river.  Thank you for the news link about former Prime Minister of Japan being shot and killed.
Hunts2long may your SIL and niece have arrived home safely.  I hope your eye doctor's appointment was a good one.  Congratulations on finding the walleyes and perch I assume with your years of experience fishing GSL, you knew it was a smart idea to return to your first fishing location when the wind direction changed.
Icefisher-45 nice to see a post from you, wish the health issues had improved for the two of you. May you have caught some fish today and Mr.Dickens enjoyed his time at the lake.
Drifter good to read you arrived safely back in Yellow Knife. may you have majority of items removed from the trailer. I hope fire crews can get the wild fires put out and wind direction changes so you get better quality air to breathe.

everyone have a pleasant evening. Best to all fishing this weekend.
 Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28229 on: Jul 08, 2022, 10:08 PM »
Well been working on getting a new loan since we paid off the other one, and not for the boat yet working on alumacraft to see what it takes to become a dealer and maybe go that route with them. But put a deposit down and a new side by side. Well everyone hope Friday ended well and Saturday goes well, might sneak out to the lake and see if the walleye are still biting.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.