New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092216 times)

Offline Jigger nut

• IceShanty Rookie
I have not fished Superior in a couple of years but every time i was there I was always asked to see a bait receipt by atleast 1 or 2 DEC officers that were walking around checking !

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
I have not fished Superior in a couple of years but every time i was there I was always asked to see a bait receipt by atleast 1 or 2 DEC officers that were walking around checking !
You don’t even need bait at superior there’s no fish anymore regardless  ;D ; was north tho close to vt yesterday and they can’t bring there bait they bought in vt back over they where gunna dump it into lake I took all the shiners long story short

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Yesterday morning @7:30 am there was skim ice on 90% of White Lake. I forgot to check temp. At 8pm on my way back through it was 23 f. Maybe we are getting somewhere. Wonder if we will get on SWB this year as well.

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies

Not a bad first day
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Weather looks good once we get through Wednesday Thursday and Friday.... ice will be here soon!

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Tightliness

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking to fish either north-south lake, morningside, or Lake Superior tomorrow. I’ve never been to any of them. Would anyone be able to recommend one over the other as far as general production goes? Would like to chase flags all day and maybe jig a few perch or crappie up

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Weather looks good once we get through Wednesday Thursday and Friday.... ice will be here soon!

Hope so ..Accuweather has some great temperatures forecasted in the near future in my area  ..Wunderground has yet to subscribe to the Polar Vortex band wagon
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
Looking to fish either north-south lake, morningside, or Lake Superior tomorrow. I’ve never been to any of them. Would anyone be able to recommend one over the other as far as general production goes? Would like to chase flags all day and maybe jig a few perch or crappie up
Try north/south we generally have decent days. Decent perch and pickerel will keep you busy
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline Sm94427p

• IceShanty Rookie
Well I’ll be dragging my dutchess county behind to the north country this sat maybe in a few weeks the local stuff will be better

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Yesterday I went from a lake higher up near Roscoe where people were snowmobiling down to white lake where there is only a few inches in spots. Amazing how a half hour ride can make a difference.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Nystangkid

• IceShanty Rookie
Went to mangaup and waneta. Mangaup had 5 inches. Be careful on waneta. it was not uniform. Anywhere from 2 inches on up to 6. Happy fishing!

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Went to mangaup and waneta. Mangaup had 5 inches. Be careful on waneta. it was not uniform. Anywhere from 2 inches on up to 6. Happy fishing!
I pass through there a lot during deer season. There are big patches on Waneta that stay open a little longer. It seems more like springs than methane. Thanks for the update.  Thanks Diehard for the contest info. 

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
Waneta. Roadside mid-lake where the road is closest to lake there’s a creek coming in and it’s mostly from underground so that cove can be sketchy. The southern end is shallower with no inlets and first to be fishable ice. I fish often in summer down that way around the lily pad islands with stump fields underneath. That’s where the Bass and Crappies hang out. Surprisingly rarely if ever a pickerel with all that structure. I guess they really do like the grass.

Offline Tightliness

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished waneta on Tuesday down toward the deep end. Drilled 25+ holes and didn’t find less than 6in of ice but stayed along the shoreline opposite to the road

Offline Jigger nut

• IceShanty Rookie
I thought Waneta was private ?

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
I thought Waneta was private ?
It has public access . Towards the spillway. There is handicap access as well.

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Can anyone verify how much rain fell last night in Monticello.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

scroll down FTR we have a coating to an inch of snow ..35 F as I type gonna be sloppy out there

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/ny/rock-hill/KMSV

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
I can tell you that ice wasn't bothered much. Was out on a public lake this morning 5 solid inches. I would absolutely use caution, but there is ice to be had. A few bass and that was it.

Offline Jigger nut

• IceShanty Rookie
thanks Beachwood

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I can tell you that ice wasn't bothered much. Was out on a public lake this morning 5 solid inches. I would absolutely use caution, but there is ice to be had. A few bass and that was it.

I concur with this ...as my local lake was 5" yesterday ..not much different then last week .

Offline yuranB

• IceShanty Rookie
Does anyone know if ice fishing is allowed on Rondout reservoir and Ashokan?

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
YUP! I know and the answer is NO!
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Does anyone know if ice fishing is allowed on Rondout reservoir and Ashokan?

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/31426.html

Offline njmar75

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hello...does anybody knows any lakes near Monticello with good ice and public access? Thanks

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Absolutely no ice fishing on west of the Hudson nyc reservoirs

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Bait shop update for Sullivan County.

There could be more places but here is what I do know NOW for 2021
Any other places I missed please just add them to this list.

Sports Nuts in Rock Hill
Farm and Home store in Monticello on 17B just past Maplewood Auto
Agway in Liberty
Fur Fin and Feather in Livingston Manor

In the border counties there is Tom's in Fair Oaks-Orange County and Tom's Taxidermy in Wawarsing-Ulster County
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.