The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Its a start....  (Read 1770 times)

Mr.G

Its a start....
« on: Dec 05, 2004, 11:17 PM »
Well, gettin some snow here in Brookings now, not much but its a start of winter weather, who knows, give it some time and we might get some ice on the lakes....

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Its a start....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2004, 10:55 PM »
We had a good start going like I posted earlier, but that wind and warmth just killed us.  We are still getting pretty cold at night, about 15 last night, but we still have highs in the mids to upper 40's.  I haven't checked any bigger water to see if any ice is holding, but the small dams seems to be still locked pretty well.  Had a lack of wind lately, so that helps.  Forecast looks poor as well, I thought there would be no way that we couldn't have ice at Christmas, but who knows???  We need a serious blast of cold air.  Many ducks left over east??  Season closes about now, right???  Quite a few birds on big water out here, and a few more on moving water.  Have till the end of Dec. for them, so maybe I can still get a few.  Last year I was standing on 10" of ice on real big water and had birds all around, they must have hug in there on the moving water somewhere.  Snow is another story, my sled just sits idle anymore.  It's sas to look in the garage and see a sled, fish trap, and auger sitting there.  Hopefully I can keep my bait order alive that I just got from Vados, I thought I was going to be fishing this week!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.