Author Topic: Easy and effective camera mount - no freezing  (Read 488 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Easy and effective camera mount - no freezing
« on: Feb 11, 2020, 03:14 AM »
I have tried many different camera mounts and this works great.

1. I use 2 layers of foam covers designed for tip-ups. They have a hole in the center and a slot that I can put the camera cable through.
2. I stagger the slots so that they do not overlap.
3. Once this is done, I flatten the camera tripod thing on top and anchor the cable with a large clip.
4. Now, to adjust the angle for the direction of the camera I simply spin the top foam piece. This is very exact.
5. My hole does not freeze over, even at -10 yesterday.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Easy and effective camera mount - no freezing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:50 AM »
I've been doing something similar, but without the stand.  I slip the camera cord through the slit in a Finicky Fooler cover and use a good 'ol red/white bobber clipped to the camera cord to keep it at the depth I want.  Set the bobber on the center of the cover and just rotate the cover to the preferred direction the camera needs to be.  Nice thing about the Fooler cover is the addition of the outer "mounting" ring that keeps the cover itself off the ice surface.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Easy and effective camera mount - no freezing
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:55 AM »
I have a lid from a 5 gallon bucket with a 1" hole in the center and a slit cut all the way to the edge. Also has a small anchor cleat attached to the lid. I just drop the camera to the proper depth,  wrap around the cleat and spin the entire thing to pan it. Works great and still attaches to my bucket when not in use.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.