Author Topic: best drill for auger  (Read 1183 times)

Offline jakecode

• IceShanty Rookie
best drill for auger
« on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:15 AM »
can someone point me in the right direction for a new drill to go with my auger please

Fishmon

Re: best drill for auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:29 AM »
I use a Milwaukee M-18 with a 6" Finbore and 8" Nils.  Runs all day and cuts like crazy through ice.  The Nils goes through effortlessly.  If you get the Milwaukee, you can get a 5amp (standard) or 9 amp battery.  The 9 amp never drains down unless you are trying to swiss cheese a lake all day.  You will need an adapter for auger to convert it so it can be used with drill.  Make sure to get a retainer or clam plate so you don't lose auger down hole if it comes out of drill chuck.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:35 AM »
Ridgid Octane with the 9aH battery is awesome!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Do a search hundreds of answers to your question!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:26 AM »
I bought the Milwaukee 2804 M18 brushless fuel hammer drill last year. Powerful drill.  I mounted it on the clam plate and the 6" lazer I had, fit right on with no adapter.  Only used it once but the drill is great.  Batteries last a long time.  Haven't had a chance to use the 8" nils yet the nils needs an adapter.
The only time I learn something is when I'm not talking.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:46 AM »
Cant go wrong with the Ridgid Octane, or Milwaukee Fuel.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2020, 02:43 PM »
Two Great Deals on THE DRILL YOU NEED ..I prefer the 2804 model as its side handle design is much better/sturdier . Don't dilly dally

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1138238-milwaukee-2804-22-m18-fuel-18v-lithium-ion-1-2-hammer-drill-kit-with-charger-and-case.html

https://www.farmandfleet.com/promo-deal/?pn=7706&dn=9007

https://www.ruralking.com/milwaukee-m18-fuel-18-volt-lithium-ion-brushless-cordless-1-2-inch-drill-driver-kit-2703-22

Im very happy with my fuel gen 3 2804 drill. some reviews complained about the trigger catching in forward, it has not happened to me. The handle is alot stronger too. I know previous gens of the drill had crappy handles that would break.

thing is small and very powerful. very pleased with its performance.

I use an 8" lite flite and it rips thru ice.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2020, 10:55 AM »
Ridgid Octane with the 9aH battery is awesome!

X100

Lifetime warranty. Dont forget to register...
Champlain
Memphremagog

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.