Author Topic: Gills on plastic 2/26  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Gills on plastic 2/26
« on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Gills to 9" caught on Little Atom Micro plastics & Fiskas Wolfram jig  :) /Central MA

Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Gills on plastic 2/26
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:17 PM »

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:19 PM »
Nice pics....very nice coloration.  Been starting to use plastics myself.  Been having some success
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:22 PM »

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:39 PM »
I've not use the Little Atom Micro's,but am a die hard clean Ratso man,have spanked huge bulls to 10 inches and hundreds of slab Crappie,my best colors are glow-brite and chartreuse,once you learn to finesse fish plastics,you don't want to bait fish any more,they work on a tough bite and they work when there pounding. Nice Gills,I caught a pile on Wedsday, gills and slabs on clean ratso's,I'm done,the freezers full and the shore line is gone.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Nice looking fish! This is the first season I have been really experimenting with plastic, and the results have been eye opening. They seem to work especially well on non aggressive fish. Mostly fishing them with Shrimpos, but since I use a lot of Wolframs as well.........That combo (red on red) would sure be deadly on a lake with blood worms!

Offline PAluke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2009, 12:09 PM »
I'm a die hard Ratso man myself.  I like pink head/white body and chartreuse.  The older guys I fish with can't believe it when they walk over and see what I'm catching them on.  They live and die by the waxworm.  I agree with the comment about them working on slow bites and aggressive days. 

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2009, 08:06 PM »
Nice close ups Townie and nice gills. I hope you don't mind I saved them for reference. As an artist I can never get enough reference pictures.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.